• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Email Mishap: Should I Fix It or Just Be More Careful Next Time?

In summary, if you accidentally spill oil on your contact lenses while cooking, remove them and rinse with a contact lens solution. If they are still uncomfortable, discard and use a new pair. If your lenses get stained, remove them and clean with a solution. Avoid using water or saliva. It is not recommended to wear lenses while using kitchen appliances. If they get foggy from steam, clean with a solution and avoid getting too close to steam or hot surfaces. To prevent mishaps, wash your hands before handling lenses, use eye protection, and be cautious when handling hot items or liquids.
princessmeshelle
ok, i'm feeling REALLY STUPID. in my excitement to get my newsletter out and my extreme tiredness.. (2 very young kids) i just put everyone in the to box instead of the BCC box. i know i'm not suposed to do that. so is there anyway to fix it? or if not, should i leave it be and just be more careful in the future? i mean if no one notices, no harm (i guess) but i really don't want to draw attention to it. not sure what to do... anyone had his happen? any thoughts?
thanks
michelle

Unfortunately, once it's sent, there's no way to fix it.

Hopefully no harm, but unscrupulous people have been known to harvest e-mail addresses for spam from things like this. It's worth being extra careful in the future.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it! I've accidentally done it a couple times too. It happens. If anyone calls you on it, just apologize and let them know it won't happen again. There's not much else you can do. I would definitely not send out another message bringing attention to it.

I did that 2 months ago and I immediately sent one BCCed correctly saying I was sorry that. Only 2 people noticed out of 100 so that wasn't bad and both were not bothered by it. So either way, no biggie- send a note or not.

Hi Michelle,I can understand how that could happen with two young kids and being tired. We've all been there! In this situation, it's best to just be honest and address the mistake. You can send a follow-up email apologizing for the error and acknowledging that you accidentally included everyone in the "to" box instead of using the BCC feature. This shows integrity and transparency, and most people will understand and appreciate your honesty. In the future, it's always a good idea to double check your recipient list before hitting send. We all make mistakes, and it's important to learn from them and move on. I hope this helps, and best of luck with your newsletter!Take care,

1. What should I do if I accidentally spilled oil on my contact lenses while cooking?

If you have spilled oil on your contact lenses while cooking, the first thing you should do is remove the lenses from your eyes and rinse them with a contact lens solution. Make sure to also clean your hands thoroughly before handling the lenses. If the lenses are still uncomfortable or blurry, it is best to discard them and use a new pair.

2. What if my contact lenses get stained from food or ingredients?

If your contact lenses get stained from food or ingredients, it is important to remove them immediately and clean them with a contact lens solution. Do not use water or saliva to clean your lenses, as this can introduce bacteria and cause an infection. If the stain does not come off, it is best to dispose of the lenses and use a new pair.

3. Can I wear my contact lenses while using kitchen appliances such as blenders or mixers?

It is not recommended to wear your contact lenses while using kitchen appliances such as blenders or mixers. The small particles and debris from these appliances can get into your eyes and potentially damage your lenses. It is best to remove your lenses before using any kitchen appliances and put them back in after you are finished.

4. What should I do if my contact lenses get foggy from steam while cooking?

If your contact lenses get foggy from steam while cooking, you can try removing them and using a contact lens solution to clean them. If the fogging persists, it is best to wait until the steam has dissipated before putting your lenses back in. It is also important to avoid getting too close to steam or hot surfaces while wearing contact lenses.

5. What are some tips for preventing contact mishaps while cooking?

To prevent contact mishaps while cooking, it is important to always wash your hands before handling your contact lenses. It is also recommended to use eye protection, such as glasses, while cooking to prevent any food or ingredients from getting into your eyes. Additionally, be cautious when handling hot surfaces or appliances and avoid getting too close to steam or hot liquids.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Lydiasoby
  • NooraK
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • sandilou
  • General Chat
Replies