• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficiently Managing Cheque and Cash Payments: Tips and Tricks

In summary, users keep track of cheque and cash payments by using a variety of methods, some of which include keeping a check register, having separate accounts, and using paper clips to attach receipts to checks and cash.
PamperedK
Silver Member
How do you all keep track of cheque / cash payments?

I never seem to have the right amount in my account. I know I sometimes will spend cash that gets mixed in with my own. But I have overdraft and I always leave my commission cheques in my account to cover anything I'm short.

Anyway - my question is how can I keep track of the cheques people give me and whether or not I've actually deposited it into the bank?

I have two accounts, one PC one personal. That way I don't have to worry about spending money that isn't really there. I have a PC money bag that I put all checks and cash into at the show. The very next day I deposit the money (my bank is less than 5 miles from where I live). After I submit a show, I always right down in the check register when I put a show through. I also put all receipts in the check register the minute the cashier hands it to me. That way I keep track of every time I use my debit card.

My method is basic...

When taking orders at the show I take the half empty host packet, fill it with the order forms, cheques and cash. When I get home I put it straight on to the system. The loose change goes back into my purse, the cheques and notes get stuck onto my whiteboard by the computer with a really strong magnet! I bank once a week and take everything on the whiteboard with me.

I also then refill the host packet so it's ready to go again.

Have separate accounts. HO takes awhile to take the money out of your account which will get confusing. I definitly make sure everything matches before I submit the show. I deposit the checks and forget about it. This way there's no worries about anything bouncing.

I do have a separate account. I'm not sure why things aren't adding up because I use my laptop at my shows and I always enter the payment right there. I'm thinking I'll put each show's deposit into separate envelopes so I can see each individual cheque on the receipt and match it against the show...?

I total up my shows and home and submit them then get the $$ to the bank in a couple days. My bank was nice enough to give me a banking zippered case for free since it was for a business. I use paper clips on the checks and cash till all is ready to deposit.

I always keep a manila folder for each show. On the outside at the top I write the host name, date and show number w/a Sharpie. Inside the folder I keep all my notes, receipts, etc. On the receipts I write the check number given to me. I then write on the outside folder the total received in checks and then cash, list a total and then write the date I made a deposit at the bank.

pampchefrhondab said:
I always keep a manila folder for each show. On the outside at the top I write the host name, date and show number w/a Sharpie. Inside the folder I keep all my notes, receipts, etc. On the receipts I write the check number given to me. I then write on the outside folder the total received in checks and then cash, list a total and then write the date I made a deposit at the bank.

That's a great idea! I already keep a folder for each show so it wouldn't be hard to do this.

1. How do I keep track of the cheques I've written?

To keep track of your cheques, it's important to have a designated spot where you can store them. This could be a chequebook, a folder, or a digital file. Make sure to record the date, recipient, and amount for each cheque you write. You can also use a cheque register or a budgeting app to help you keep track of your cheques.

2. What should I do if I lose a cheque?

If you've lost a cheque, it's important to act quickly. Contact your bank and let them know the cheque has been lost. They will be able to put a stop payment on the cheque to prevent anyone from cashing it. You may also need to contact the recipient and issue a new cheque.

3. Can I cancel a cheque that I've already written?

Yes, you can cancel a cheque that you've written by contacting your bank and requesting a stop payment. However, keep in mind that there may be a fee associated with this service. It's best to avoid cancelling cheques if possible, as it can be a hassle and incur additional costs.

4. How long should I keep my cancelled cheques?

It's recommended to keep your cancelled cheques for at least seven years. This is in case you ever need to provide proof of payment for tax purposes or any other legal reasons. After seven years, you can securely dispose of your cancelled cheques, such as shredding them.

5. How can I prevent fraud with my cheques?

To prevent fraud with your cheques, make sure to keep them in a secure location and only write cheques to trusted individuals or companies. You should also regularly review your bank statements to ensure all cheques have been properly recorded and there are no unauthorized transactions. If you suspect any fraudulent activity, contact your bank immediately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • 2pamperedhw
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
2pamperedhw
  • luvmypomeranian