• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Newsletter Opt Out Tips for Consultants | Save Time & Effort

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who wants to update their mailing list to remove customers who are no longer interested. Suggestions are made to include an option to opt out in the newsletter and to send a note to confirm who wants to remain on the mailing list. Compliance with anti-spam laws is also discussed.
pampered2007
Since the time I have been a consultant (almost a year now), there are customers that have placed orders at my beginning shows and then I have never heard from them again. As a matter of fact, I just received an email today from a customer asking me to remove her from my mailing list because she wasn't interested. So I thinking that I would like to somehow update my mailing list to weed out those that aren't interested anymore. Should I send out an email asking those that do not want to be included anymore to reply back and ask for removal??? Sometimes I feel like I am wasting my time and I put so much time and effort into making up newsletters. Any suggestions???

Do you subscribe to a newsletter service? On the one I use Tasty Tibits it states on the bottom if they want to opt out they can. If your's doesn't say that maybe add at the bottom that option vs sending out a separate email.

I usually put a line about 'for addition or removal from my newsletter, please contact me'.

Before I started using Tasty Tidbits (hi Joy!) I put a "plug" at the bottom of my email newsletters that said something like, "I would be sad to see you go, but I truly believe in complete customer service...if you would like me to remove you from my e-mail list please reply to this email and put "REMOVE" in the subject line!"

I just recently subscribed to Tasty Tidbits and after I sent the first one, my first hostess (who was a mystery hostess) emailed and said "Please remove." What bugs me is she is the Mom of my daughter's best friend. I really think it was her husband who emailed it (I think they share an email.) I honored the request and took her off the newsletter list, but I think the next time I see her I might mention I was disappointed she didn't want to receive my newsletter. Especially since Tasty Tidbits rocks! Just a plug....if anyone needs a referral, please let me know. :)

I use a line at the bottom of my newsletter to allow people to opt out.It sounds, though, like you're looking to weed out those who aren't even reading your newsletter. Right? That sounds more like an opt-in situation. I mail out a couple of dozen printed newsletters in addition to my e-newsletter. (Many of my customers don't have/don't use email.) About six months ago I decided to see who wanted to continue to receive it. I wrote a quick note and included a self-addressed, stamped postcard. All they had to do if they wanted to continue to receive my newsletter was to put their name on the postcard and pop it in the mail.For the 4-5 who didn't return their card, I sent a postcard letting them know that since I hadn't heard back from them I would remove them from my mailing list, but I certainly hoped they would keep me in mind for any future PC needs. One of the customers who received that postcard called me almost immediately and asked to remain on my mailing list. She had forgotten the postcard, which was still sitting on her counter. I assured her she would remain on my list and told her that was the reason I had sent that note out. I didn't want anyone to be accidentally dropped.Since the emailed newsletter doesn't cost me anything, I'm not quite so concerned about culling that list. It would be pretty easy to do the same thing with email, though.

In order to be compliant with anti-spam laws, your email newsletter MUST include instructions or a link for people to unsubscribe. If you use a content service (like Tasty Tidbits) or a mailing service (like Constant Contact), chances are good that it's already there. If you create and email your own, just add a sentence to the bottom to contact you or reply with "unsubscribe" to get off the list.

raebates said:
I use a line at the bottom of my newsletter to allow people to opt out.

It sounds, though, like you're looking to weed out those who aren't even reading your newsletter. Right? That sounds more like an opt-in situation. I mail out a couple of dozen printed newsletters in addition to my e-newsletter. (Many of my customers don't have/don't use email.) About six months ago I decided to see who wanted to continue to receive it. I wrote a quick note and included a self-addressed, stamped postcard. All they had to do if they wanted to continue to receive my newsletter was to put their name on the postcard and pop it in the mail.

For the 4-5 who didn't return their card, I sent a postcard letting them know that since I hadn't heard back from them I would remove them from my mailing list, but I certainly hoped they would keep me in mind for any future PC needs. One of the customers who received that postcard called me almost immediately and asked to remain on my mailing list. She had forgotten the postcard, which was still sitting on her counter. I assured her she would remain on my list and told her that was the reason I had sent that note out. I didn't want anyone to be accidentally dropped.

Since the emailed newsletter doesn't cost me anything, I'm not quite so concerned about culling that list. It would be pretty easy to do the same thing with email, though.

I love the idea of mailing a newsletter for those who don't have email. How would you suggest I start this? I don't know if it would be okay to send them out now to all my customers without having had their prior approval, since I only tell people about my e-newsletter list at my shows.

Something to think about.........

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I DO have the opt out disclosure at the bottom of all my newsletters. I guess I should just be thankful to only have 2 or 3 people that have chosen to do so. It would just be nice to hear some positive feedback from those I haven't heard from in a while. Thanks again!

I get disappointed when I get those "remove me" emails...but then, I try and think of how much stuff comes into my email that I really don't read or aren't interested in anymore. I just tell myself that they are trying to cut down on their emails when they ask to be removed...(makes me feel a bit better and not take it so personally, especially if they are on my email list cuz THEY ASKED ME TO ADD THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!! lol)

PChefPEI said:
I love the idea of mailing a newsletter for those who don't have email. How would you suggest I start this? I don't know if it would be okay to send them out now to all my customers without having had their prior approval, since I only tell people about my e-newsletter list at my shows.

At the show when people are filling out their drawing slip, I make sure to mention that if they'd like to get my monthly newsletter to include their email address. And I make a little joke saying "I won't send you any silly jokes or anything like that - just the newsletter".

If you've already got people's email address, I'd start sending it to those people and let them cancel if they wish.

The way I see it, if they gave you their email address, they were giving you permission to contact them via email!

raebates said:
I mail out a couple of dozen printed newsletters in addition to my e-newsletter. (Many of my customers don't have/don't use email.) About six months ago I decided to see who wanted to continue to receive it. I wrote a quick note and included a self-addressed, stamped postcard. All they had to do if they wanted to continue to receive my newsletter was to put their name on the postcard and pop it in the mail.

I love the idea of sending a newsletter to your guests! I need to do this, as I have many physical addresses with no email.

Do you send the same newsletter you email? Can you share a sample of what you mail so we can get an idea of what it looks like?

pampered2007 said:
Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I DO have the opt out disclosure at the bottom of all my newsletters. I guess I should just be thankful to only have 2 or 3 people that have chosen to do so. It would just be nice to hear some positive feedback from those I haven't heard from in a while. Thanks again!

I've been sending out my own personal newsletter, and then won a tasty tidbits subscription and started using that now (thanks joy)!

I've been going through my contacts and calling them this week and nearly everyone has said "I love getting your emails..." they have been telling me tips that they used and information that they found useful.

So people do read out emails, even when we don't think they do!

PChefPEI said:

On my survey/doorprize drawing slip I have a question about getting my newsletter. They have three options:

No thanks
Absolutely!
I don't have email, so please send mine via US mail.

As for current customers, I'd send a postcard (less postage) to anyone not currently receiving your newsletter via email. Just something simple about contacting you if they want to receive a paper newsletter.

AlowayFamily said:
I love the idea of sending a newsletter to your guests! I need to do this, as I have many physical addresses with no email.

Do you send the same newsletter you email? Can you share a sample of what you mail so we can get an idea of what it looks like?

Basically it's the same as the one I email. However, it looks a little prettier. Many of my customers have difficulty with emails that have lots of graphics, so I send the email as straight text separated by lines. It breaks it up visually and makes it a bit easier to read. The paper one I do in Publisher. Here's a copy of my latest.

Attachments

• Paper Newsletter Sample.pdf
    132.8 KB · Views: 467
Love your newsletter, Rae. I was thinking I need to change mine up a little, so I may borrow some of your ideas. Thanks for sharing! :)

What is a newsletter opt out?

A newsletter opt out is a process that allows subscribers to choose not to receive future newsletters or promotional emails from a company. It gives individuals control over their email preferences and helps reduce unwanted emails in their inbox.

How do I opt out of Pampered Chef newsletters?

To opt out of Pampered Chef newsletters, simply click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any newsletter or promotional email. This will take you to a page where you can confirm your opt out request.

Will opting out of newsletters affect my account with Pampered Chef?

No, opting out of newsletters will not affect your account with Pampered Chef. You will still be able to make purchases and access your account as usual.

Can I opt back in to newsletters after opting out?

Yes, if you change your mind, you can opt back in to newsletters at any time by clicking on the "Subscribe" link at the bottom of any newsletter or promotional email.

Why am I still receiving newsletters after opting out?

If you are still receiving newsletters after opting out, it could be because you have multiple email addresses registered with Pampered Chef. Make sure to opt out using all email addresses to ensure you stop receiving newsletters. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
kayleigh
  • jwpamp
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • jwpamp