• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Microwave Mashed Potato Recipe for Cluster Meetings

In summary, the Potato Ricer is a part of the Cookie Press and it helps with perfect mashed potatoes every time. Additionally, you don't have to peel the potatoes before ricing them with it.
cewcooks
Its hard for me to go to cluster meetings and I was wondering if anyone has done a recipe for mashed potatoes in the batter bowl and cooked it in the microwave, what exactly did you do and what words did u use at your shows.

I've done mashed potatoes in the batter bowl at home many times, but not at a show. I just cut up the potatoes, put in a bit of milk (didn't measure), cooked til they were done (sometimes the milk runneth over, so don't use too much), mashed, then added butter and salt.

PC needs to come out with a Potato Ricer - Perfect mashed potatoes (Ok, perfact riced potatoes) every time. Plus just like our garlic press, you don't have to peel the potatos before ricing them.

Attachments

• 41HMXNFBPFL._SS500_.jpg
    41HMXNFBPFL._SS500_.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 427
RMDave said:
PC needs to come out with a Potato Ricer - Perfect mashed potatoes (Ok, perfact riced potatoes) every time. Plus just like our garlic press, you don't have to peel the potatos before ricing them.

They did - it's part of the cookie press. From what I've heard, it works great. I prefer mashed over riced, so I haven't tried it.

ChefBeckyD said:
They did - it's part of the cookie press. From what I've heard, it works great. I prefer mashed over riced, so I haven't tried it.

So much to learn, young David. We will teach you.

Who males a potato ricer part of a cookie press? Sheesh. SHEESH.

RMDave said:

The same people that think Chili and Cornbread are "Mexican".

RMDave said:

Actually - that was my thought too.:rolleyes:

I just said, that's like saying "We make a Garlic Press but it also juices limes."

lol
I want a real potato ricer. I love mine,,,,,would love to show one from PC!!
And I wouldn't want to have to load and reload the cookie press...which I have had 13 years and never used.
:D
marghi

I tried ricing the potatoes in the cookie press with the ricer attachment, it took FOREVER!!! And my hands got hot.

I do my mashed potatoes in the deep covered baker with the lid on, I cut up the poatatoes, add a little chicken broth and fat free 1/2 & 1/2 put the lid on. I usually stir about half way. I then add butter, salt and pepper and use the mix n chop to mash them. I use red potatoes with thinner skins so I don't even peel them.

As a selling point, I say it is perfect for those family dinners. It frees up a burner on the stove, and you can serve right from the DCB which keeps the potatoes warm throughout dinner!! Usually at our house, the potatoes are the first to get cold otherwise.

BlueMoon said:
lol
I want a real potato ricer. I love mine,,,,,would love to show one from PC!!
And I wouldn't want to have to load and reload the cookie press...which I have had 13 years and never used.
:D
marghi

You have the old Cookie Press then, can't do potatoes in it anyway. :D

Well as a fortune cooking might say: A cookie press does not a potato ricer make. Sounds to me like it probably looked better on paper than in reality. That's just my opinion.

leftymac said:
The same people that think Chili and Cornbread are "Mexican".

Bless you, Keith! LOLOLOL

Here's a great tip - some of you might already know this - but when you are making mashed potatoes, and you want to make garlic mashed potatoes, instead of adding the garlic at the end when mashing them, add it to the water when cooking them. Just press in as much garlic as you want into the water. Your Garlic Mashed Potatoes will have a mellow, sweet, garlicky flavor that will have people begging for your "recipe"! :chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
Here's a great tip - some of you might already know this ...

I didn't know Becky. What a terrific tip. Thanks, I'll try it this evening.

1. How do I make the Pampered Chef New Mashed Potato Recipe?

To make the Pampered Chef New Mashed Potato Recipe, you will need 2 pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes, 1/4 cup of butter, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of sour cream, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. First, peel and chop the potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Then, place them in the Pampered Chef Microwaveable Steamer and microwave for 14-16 minutes, until tender. Mash the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!

2. Can I use a different type of potato for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of potato for this recipe. However, the Yukon Gold potatoes are recommended because they have a buttery and creamy texture, which pairs well with the other ingredients in this recipe. Russet potatoes can also be used, but they may result in a slightly different texture.

3. How many servings does the Pampered Chef New Mashed Potato Recipe make?

This recipe makes about 6-8 servings, depending on the size of your potatoes and how much each person wants to eat. If you are serving a larger group, you can easily double the recipe and use the Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker to steam the potatoes in two batches.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. After mashing the potatoes, transfer them to a greased baking dish and cover with foil. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, let the dish sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, or until heated through.

5. Are there any substitutions for the dairy products in this recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions for the dairy products in this recipe. For a dairy-free option, you can use non-dairy butter and milk, and omit the sour cream. For a healthier option, you can use olive oil instead of butter and skip the milk and sour cream. The potatoes may have a slightly different texture and flavor, but they will still be delicious!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kam