• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb Converting Recipe to Microwave

In summary, the conversation discusses converting an oven recipe to be made in the microwave using the DCB. The suggested time for cooking is 20-30 minutes on high, with further adjustments based on the type of food being cooked. The speaker also shares their experience with cooking sweet potatoes and ground beef in the DCB.
ChefPaulaB
If you are trying to convert an oven recipe to make it for the microwave in the DCB, how would you adjust the time. The recipe calls for 350 degrees for 1 hour... in microwave on high, for half the time or a quarter or what? Need a sweet potatoe recipe for Christmas and know that my MIL's oven will be full of other stuff, so want to convert for the microwave so we don't have to wait until the last minute to go (after the sweet potatoes are done baking).... TIA!

I would think that you might do it for 20-30 minutes on high. Just curious but how long would you cook a whole chicken in the oven? I would divide the time up that way since it's 30 min to do the chicken in the microwave. I've never done a whole chicken in the oven so I can't give you the breakdown. I hope this helps. Good luck!!
I've been trying to find a formula myself for converting regular recipes to the microwave. I just did ground beef in it last night and it turned out better than when I do it on the stove.

It took me about 20 minutes to do sweet potatoes in the DCB at Thanksgiving.

ChefHarri said:
It took me about 20 minutes to do sweet potatoes in the DCB at Thanksgiving.

Did you do whole ones or were they cut up? The recipe that I think that I'm going to use, are sliced up into 1/2 slices.......

emo812 said:
I would think that you might do it for 20-30 minutes on high. Just curious but how long would you cook a whole chicken in the oven? I would divide the time up that way since it's 30 min to do the chicken in the microwave. I've never done a whole chicken in the oven so I can't give you the breakdown. I hope this helps. Good luck!!
I've been trying to find a formula myself for converting regular recipes to the microwave. I just did ground beef in it last night and it turned out better than when I do it on the stove.

How exactly did you do the ground beef? In the DCB or something else? And did you have to keep stopping and stirring every so often? And how long for how many pounds? (Wow, so many questions!)

Mine were cut into chunks.

Hi there! Converting recipes for the microwave can seem tricky at first, but it's actually quite simple. For your sweet potato recipe, I would suggest cooking it in the DCB on high for about 30 minutes. However, since every microwave is different, I would recommend checking on the sweet potatoes after 20 minutes and adjusting the time accordingly. As a general rule, you can usually cook food in the microwave for about half the time listed in the oven recipe. So for your recipe that calls for 1 hour at 350 degrees, you would cook it for 30 minutes on high in the microwave. I hope this helps and that you have a delicious sweet potato dish for Christmas! Happy cooking!

1. How do I convert a recipe for the Deep Covered Baker to be used in the microwave?

To convert a recipe for the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) to be used in the microwave, you will need to adjust the cooking time and temperature. Generally, you will need to reduce the cooking time by about 25% and use the same or slightly lower temperature. For example, if a recipe calls for 20 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees, you will need to cook it for about 15 minutes in the microwave at 375 degrees. It's important to keep an eye on the food as it cooks, and adjust the time and temperature as needed.

2. Can I use the DCB in the microwave if it has metal handles?

No, the DCB is not safe to use in the microwave if it has metal handles. The metal can cause arcing and damage to your microwave. It's important to only use the DCB in the microwave if it has plastic handles.

3. Can I use the DCB in the microwave with the lid on?

Yes, the DCB can be used in the microwave with the lid on. The lid helps to trap in steam and heat, resulting in faster and more even cooking. However, it's important to make sure that the lid is properly vented to release steam and prevent any pressure build-up.

4. How do I know if my dish is microwave-safe?

You can check if your dish is microwave-safe by looking for a label or symbol on the bottom of the dish. This symbol will typically look like a square with wavy lines inside, or the words "microwave-safe" may be written on the dish. If you do not see any indication that the dish is microwave-safe, it's best to err on the side of caution and not use it in the microwave.

5. Can I use the DCB in the microwave to bake desserts?

Yes, the DCB can be used in the microwave to bake desserts such as cakes, brownies, and cobblers. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature as mentioned in the first question. The DCB is also great for making no-bake desserts like cheesecake and pudding, as it can be used as a refrigerator dish as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pkd09
  • vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies