• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't You Hate an Empty Pampered Chef E-Mail Box?

In summary, many direct sellers hesitate to offer suggestions because they are afraid of being labeled "pushy." This reluctance can lead to less successful business.
chefjwr
I put out the info and hope for a return and nothing. I check--oh still nothing. People who say they have an order coming and will e-mail it and a party is about to close and --oh--nothing. I love the NEW Mail message!! How about yall??:

I know what you mean...... drives me nuts!!!

I too have sent out email, to no avail. I am starting to wonder if I am getting shoved into spam folders.

Ugh, I hate that, too. I have to stop relying on email so much, though, and remember to follow up with a phone call. So many people tell me that they get my monthly emails, and then say that "oh, I wanted to order something, but now I forget what it was". I think we need to strike when the iron is hot, and send the emails out as a "starter", then follow up and make calls and ask if they are interested in hosting or placing an order, etc. I'm really trying to get better at the phone thing - what is it about that little thing that strikes so much fear in us, anyway???!! ;)

I tell my team all the time, NEVER LET A PIECE OF PAPER OR E-MAIL DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU!!!

finley1991 said:
I tell my team all the time, NEVER LET A PIECE OF PAPER OR E-MAIL DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU!!!

You are so right, Colleen!! Thanks for the reminder - I think I'll print that in large font and post it at my desk to look at every day!!!

I agree also, but I am always on the other end because I am always afraid of being a PC stalker.

krzymomof4 said:
I agree also, but I am always on the other end because I am always afraid of being a PC stalker.

That's a valid concern. Try thinking about it this way... how many flyers do you get in your mailbox EVERY day? How many do you actually look at, let alone actually call on?

Same with e-mail... how much SPAM do you get? Do you read it? Do you respond to it? Now I know you're thinking that what you're sending isn't SPAM and I agree. Of all of the things you get that aren't SPAM... so ask yourself the same question... how much do you read thoroughly? How much do you respond to? Do you respond to the info you get from other direct sellers?

We are in a people business... that's just the way it is. And I can tell you, I've been with PC for 10.5 years and throughout all that time, there has NEVER been a successful consultant who has built their business on e-mail and flyers alone.

If you think you're calling too much, try tracking your calls. I presented this question to my TEAM Tuesday night at our training. "Who called you last Thursday at 10:00am? Anyone remember?" Of course not. So your customers won't think that you're calling them too much.

And trust me on this one... if you're NOT calling them, another consultant will.

You can do it! Just commit to the 3 contacts a day and be done. I promise, it won't kill you!!! :)

Afraid of being pushy...Someone also posted this from a former PC consultant who now does her own direct sales consulting (I think it was in the Big Yellow Box thread) - great info!

Afraid of Being “Pushy?” By Sue Rusch

Are you reluctant to ask? Many direct sellers share a common fear: reluctance to ask, for fear of being labeled “pushy.” When I was in the business of doing home parties, I had an interesting interaction with one of my hostesses. What you learn from this experience may help you to shift your thinking. When you think differently, you will act differently.

At the conclusion of a show-closing phone call (wrapping up details and finalizing all orders) a hostess asked me a powerful question: “Sue, are you open to a few constructive remarks?” Sales at her show exceeded $1,000, so her opinions were important to me. I quickly replayed her show in my mind, trying to guess at what she had to say. Even though I was bracing myself for her comments, I responded by saying “Of course, there’s always room for improvement!” She said, “I am disappointed that I didn’t get more bookings. I think it’s because of the way you approached bookings, and I know some of your other hostesses have felt the same way. We’ve talked about it. You told everyone about booking, and what they would earn for hostessing. You told of the fun of a party and how easy it is to be a hostess. But you never talked to people as individuals and told them how much you would really like to work with them. No one really got the impression you wanted them to book a show with you. No one felt personally invited.”

I was surprised to hear this! After all, I consciously adopted a “hands-off” approach because I took pride in running my business in a professional manner, without being pushy. This hostess and I went on to talk about what it might look like if I asked each of her people. I asked her how she would feel if I had asked each guest, and she responded by saying “my sister-in-law came wanting to book a show, but you never asked her so she didn’t book. It would help you and your hostesses if you let each guest know you’d like to work with them. If you seemed more interested in them as individuals, not just as part of a group.” We had a healthy discussion about the limits of being “too pushy” with guests. We talked about ways to let guests know we really want to work with them. We discussed the warmth that comes with talking with people one-on-one instead of as a group. This powerful feedback was coming from a very successful hostess who felt disappointed that I didn’t personally approach her guests. She didn’t feel that it would have been “pushy” for me to talk to her guests. She would have appreciated it if I had asked. What, then, is the difference between asking and being pushy?

Here are some thoughts on “pushy”:
“Pushy” says that we are going beyond our client’s interest level. No one feels comfortable when a salesperson continues to sell long after the client has made it clear that there is no interest. Is it pushy to assess a client’s interest level by asking a question? I don’t think so. Furthermore, “pushy” implies that we are promoting something that is not of value. It implies that we benefit from the sale but our client does not. Most direct sellers are involved because of a passion for their products.

Are you “pushing”? Of course not. What’s the worst that could happen if you ask? Your client says “no.” What’s the best that could happen? Your client says “yes” or “maybe.” Think of what you could do with your business if you had more leads to work with. Think of all that you have to offer. Ask! Here are a few ways that you can ask:
• You had fun tonight, didn’t’ you?
• Have you thought of hosting a show in your home?
• I can tell you love our products. Wouldn’t it be fun to share them with your friends?
• Would you like to know more about hosting a show?
• I noticed that you are amazingly fired up about our products. Have you ever thought about doing what I do?
The input from my $1000 hostess was invaluable.
The key to sharing your enthusiasm for your company,
your products, and the career opportunity is this:
ASK!

Thanks Becky. I will have to print that off and read and re-read it again and again. I am notorious for a not so self confident approach to my business, I am not shy by no means, I am always deathly afraid that I am going to come across wrong. Maybe I need therapy. LOL (Not that there is anything wrong with therapy)

Colleen - will you be my "virtual" director?? :)

Sorry to hijack this thread. I have a friend who does MK. I don't know if I would say she is pushy, but I will say she is very agressive. She has a great business, but people complain about her all the time. I just don't want to come off like her, but I can't find a happy medium. Hopefully I can take all of your wisdom from conference and PC experience and embrace it. Baby steps I guess.

krzymomof4 said:
Sorry to hijack this thread. I have a friend who does MK. I don't know if I would say she is pushy, but I will say she is very agressive. She has a great business, but people complain about her all the time. I just don't want to come off like her, but I can't find a happy medium. Hopefully I can take all of your wisdom from conference and PC experience and embrace it. Baby steps I guess.

I have a MK friend who is very similar, but she has found a good "happy-medium" that works for her and I'm trying to get there, too. This part from Sue Rusch's article really hit me:

<<“Pushy” says that we are going beyond our client’s interest level. No one feels comfortable when a salesperson continues to sell long after the client has made it clear that there is no interest. Is it pushy to assess a client’s interest level by asking a question? I don’t think so. Furthermore, “pushy” implies that we are promoting something that is not of value. It implies that we benefit from the sale but our client does not. Most direct sellers are involved because of a passion for their products.>>

If we just ask them what their interest is, and stop when they say "No" or "not now", then we're not being pushy - just trying to give good customer service and offer them everything we can. If we don't, someone else will, like Colleen said!! :)

(apologizing to Julie for hijacking the thread, also!!)

Oh, Julie, I thought of something else. One of my GOOD past hosts (has had 2 shows with me, always gets lots of orders and bookings) told me that she hardly ever checks her email in the summer, b/c her computer is in her basement and she's outside with her kids all the time. She checks it MAYBE once a week, if she's lucky. I know we're used to checking ours every hour since it's part of our business, but some people just aren't as tied to their email. I just can't imagine that, but I know lots of people who are like that! ;)

Hi Leah (Mommyhugz1978) Thanks for sending me an e-mail this morning. I enjoyed seeing "1 new message". I e-mailed you back but now at 11:50 p.m. I am just now getting the e-mail bouncing back to me. I resent but if you don't get it---Thanks!!

chefjwr said:
Hi Leah (Mommyhugz1978) Thanks for sending me an e-mail this morning. I enjoyed seeing "1 new message". I e-mailed you back but now at 11:50 p.m. I am just now getting the e-mail bouncing back to me. I resent but if you don't get it---Thanks!!

It's becasue for some stupid reason it take the "r" out of the word charter... and makes it @chater.net not charter.net... I need to ask the cable company why it's doing that but if you forward it to me it will go through.. It is a pain in the butt....... :mad: and your welcome... thought that would make you smile :D

Related to Don't You Hate an Empty Pampered Chef E-Mail Box?

1. Why is my Pampered Chef e-mail box empty?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that you have already read and deleted all of your emails, or that your email settings are filtering out Pampered Chef emails. It's also possible that there is a technical issue with our email system. If you continue to experience an empty inbox, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

2. Are there any tips for keeping my Pampered Chef inbox organized?

Yes, we recommend creating folders or labels within your email account specifically for Pampered Chef emails. You can also set up filters to automatically sort incoming emails from Pampered Chef into these folders. This will help keep your inbox clutter-free and make it easier to find important emails from us.

3. I used to receive regular emails from Pampered Chef, but now I'm not getting any. What happened?

If you have previously received emails from us but have stopped receiving them, it's possible that you accidentally unsubscribed. You can resubscribe by clicking on the "Manage Preferences" link at the bottom of any Pampered Chef email and updating your preferences.

4. How often can I expect to receive emails from Pampered Chef?

The frequency of our emails may vary, but you can generally expect to receive emails from us about once a week. We may also send occasional promotional emails or newsletters. If you would like to adjust the frequency of our emails, you can do so by clicking on the "Manage Preferences" link at the bottom of any Pampered Chef email.

5. Can I opt-out of receiving Pampered Chef emails altogether?

Yes, you can choose to unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any Pampered Chef email. However, please note that by doing so, you may miss out on important updates, promotions, and exclusive offers from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • JennLizFran
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Intrepid_Chef