• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Miss Out: File Schedule M for Maximum Tax Refund

In summary, Schedule M is a tax form that calculates and determines the amount of Making Work Pay and Government Retiree Credits that a taxpayer is eligible for. Taxpayers with earned income from wages, self-employment, or certain disability benefits can file Schedule M to potentially increase their tax refund. The form requires information such as W-2 and 1099-R forms, and the deadline for filing is typically April 15th, with an extension until October 15th. Schedule M can be filed electronically or by mail, following the instructions and including all necessary forms and documentation.
vonfirmath
If you do your own taxes, make sure that Schedule M is filled out and taken into account.

if not, you could be leaving $800 ($400 if single) on the table!

What is schedule M?

I can't give specifics on what it is, but here is the link to a copy of it from the IRS Website:
Schedule MDoesn't apply to me/my situation.

Thanks Bobbi - it doesn't apply to me either.

Thanks for sharing though Vonfirmath! Hopefully someone will see it and can save them some $$$$ !!! :)

I did ours last night on h&r block online and it figured it out for me gosh I love doing them online

The first time we did our taxes, we left it out. It's new this year and we didn't even know about it. We decided to "check" our return by using an automatic program then looking at the differences. And was amazed to see $801 difference (they rounded elsewise differently than my husband did)

So I've been trumpetting it about ever since.

Thank you for the info, i'll have dh check as we fall under the govt retiree section.

Does anyone know if TurboTax will recognize this?

Yes Turbo tax does.

I have no doubt that turbotax, tax cut, etc -- all the electronic programs that do your taxes for you will hadnle it.

We do our taxes ourselves -- download the forms off of the IRS website and just go through the 1040, handling each line as we come to it.

Related to Don't Miss Out: File Schedule M for Maximum Tax Refund

What is Schedule M and why is it important for maximizing tax refunds?

Schedule M is a tax form that calculates and determines the amount of Making Work Pay and Government Retiree Credits that a taxpayer is eligible for. These credits can significantly increase the taxpayer's tax refund, making Schedule M an important form to file for maximizing refunds.

Who is eligible to file Schedule M?

Taxpayers who have earned income from wages, self-employment, or certain disability benefits are eligible to file Schedule M. However, those who are claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return are not eligible to file this form.

What information is needed to fill out Schedule M?

To fill out Schedule M, you will need your Form W-2, Form 1099-R (if applicable), and any other forms that show earned income. You may also need information about any Making Work Pay or Government Retiree Credits you received during the tax year.

When is the deadline for filing Schedule M?

The deadline for filing Schedule M is the same as the deadline for filing your individual income tax return, which is typically April 15th. However, if you are filing for an extension, you have until October 15th to file Schedule M.

How do I file Schedule M?

Schedule M can be filed electronically using tax preparation software or through a tax professional. It can also be filed by mailing a paper copy to the IRS along with your tax return. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully and include all necessary forms and documentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• floccies
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
GeorgiaPeach
  • HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pckelly