• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Link Your PWS to Your Profile - Here's How to Share It

In summary, the purpose of not linking your PWS to your profile is to maintain privacy and security. There are various ways to share your PWS without linking it to your profile, such as including it in your bio or sharing it through direct messages. Not linking your PWS can also help you build a more professional online presence and you can still promote it separately. However, there may be exceptions where linking your PWS to your profile is necessary or beneficial, but it is important to carefully consider the risks and benefits before doing so.
chefann
Gold Member
I've seen a lot of members here recently with their PWS included in their profile. That's against HO policy. It creates a link to the PWS not only on profile pages, but also in a drop-down from usernames within threads.

If you would like to share your PWS with other members here, you can do so by including it in your signature as such:
../username
where "username" is the personalized part of your PWS address.

We know that HO has people who surf this site, and I'd hate for anyone to get into trouble for innocently including their PWS address in their profile.

Thanks for the reminder Ann!

Hey Ann - I know that the e-mail to report violations is here somewhere - just can't find it - I noticed someone's PWS showed up on a Google search and that means they registered it with Google - isn't that against the rules too?

Hi there! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important for us to follow HO policies in order to protect our businesses. I appreciate your reminder about not including our PWS in our profiles. I will make sure to update my signature with my PWS address instead. Thank you for looking out for our community!

Related to Don't Link Your PWS to Your Profile - Here's How to Share It

What is the purpose of not linking my PWS to my profile?

The main purpose of not linking your PWS (personal website) to your profile is to maintain privacy and security. By sharing your PWS separately, you have more control over who can view your personal information and can avoid potential risks such as hacking or spamming.

How can I share my PWS without linking it to my profile?

One way to share your PWS without linking it to your profile is by including it in your bio or about section on your profile. You can also share it through direct messages or by including it in your email signature.

What are the benefits of not linking my PWS to my profile?

In addition to maintaining privacy and security, not linking your PWS to your profile can also help you build a more professional online presence. By sharing your PWS separately, you can showcase your work or accomplishments without cluttering your profile with excessive links.

Can I still promote my PWS if it is not linked to my profile?

Yes, you can still promote your PWS even if it is not linked to your profile. In fact, by sharing it separately, you may be able to reach a wider audience and attract more traffic to your website.

Are there any exceptions to not linking my PWS to my profile?

In some cases, it may be necessary or beneficial to link your PWS to your profile. This could include professional networking sites or if your PWS is a major part of your online brand. However, it is important to carefully consider the potential risks and benefits before making the decision to link your PWS to your profile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • fruit76loop
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • raebates