• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Pampered Chef Have an Exclusive Clause

In summary, if you are the only PC consultant at an event and the event coordinator does not have a policy against multiple consultants, then you should go ahead and sign up. However, if there are multiple PC consultants at the event, then you should not attend.
chefjanetpc
I am signing up to do a vendor event at the end of June and the person in charge asked me if we have an exclusive policy where there can be only one Pampered Chef Consultant. I am the only one right now, but I was wondering how that works.....

The company doesn't control that, but you might want to! You don't want vendor events to book more than one PC consultant. You don't want to be competing with them. It's already enough of a challenge with having other vendors! ;)

Absolutely do NOT agree to do a vendor show with more than one rep from the same home business. It's not like, I sell these candles, you sell those candles, they're different so it doesn't matter. It's like..."why do I have 2 (or three or four) consultants from the same company calling me! Don't they talk to each other?" Nobody wins! Sadly, a lot of vendor organizers don't get that...

After showing up to my first event, and found another PC person there, I now ask ahead of time and will not do an event with more than one PC rep.

The event themselves should control that and only allow one consultant for each company. It's different if there are two jewelry reps there (both from a different company) but they should never allow two of the same company.

I have an exclusive clause because my time is worth something. I am not going to waste it and an event with several vendors of the same items.

jbondr said:
I have an exclusive clause because my time is worth something. I am not going to waste it and an event with several vendors of the same items.

You sound like you have something official--is it other than just verbal? If so, please share. Thanks!

Agree with the others - I won't do an event where there are other PC consultants there, and it's up to the event organizers to ensure it doesn't happen.

Not sure I would care if there were several candle companies or jewelry, as they all have very different product lines. Silpada is nothing like Premier Designs - but Premier, Cookie Lee & Lia Sophia are all very similar. Maybe those types of consultants do care.

I don't have anything written but I do talk about it with the event coordinator from the first contact. I let them know that if that isn't their policy I will not be setting up a booth. I attended one event very early in my PC career and there were 2 of the same booths. Lucky for me it wasn't another PC booth but I did see how it affected their business that day. I have never had an event tell me this was a problem.

I definitely do not want to compete with another PC vendor....I told the organizer that I was hoping that they would not have another PC person which they don't so far - but I didn't know if there was a way to "claim your territory" so to speak :)

Well, what about companies that sell more or less the same products? I did a vendor fair where just right behind me was a rep from Princess House, and had all the cookware, serving, etc. They even had a grill pan and grill press, which was one of the items I had on display at my booth. I was a little strange... So, should I worry about asking for companies of similar products?

You can ask about different companies, but the only ones I care about is if there is another PC person there, then I won't do it. Our overall products and catalogs outshine any others.

1. Does Pampered Chef have an exclusive clause for its consultants?

Yes, Pampered Chef does have an exclusive clause for its consultants. This means that consultants are not allowed to sell or promote products from other direct sales companies while working with Pampered Chef.

2. What does the exclusive clause entail?

The exclusive clause prohibits consultants from selling or promoting products from other direct sales companies that are similar to Pampered Chef's products. This includes kitchen tools, cookware, and food items.

3. Can consultants sell Pampered Chef products on other platforms?

Yes, consultants are allowed to sell Pampered Chef products on their own personal websites, but they are not allowed to sell on third-party websites such as Amazon or eBay. They are also not allowed to sell in retail stores.

4. What happens if a consultant violates the exclusive clause?

If a consultant is found to be in violation of the exclusive clause, they may face consequences such as termination of their contract with Pampered Chef. It is important for consultants to adhere to the exclusive clause in order to maintain a good relationship with the company.

5. Is the exclusive clause permanent?

No, the exclusive clause is not permanent. Consultants are free to leave Pampered Chef at any time and are no longer bound by the exclusive clause once they are no longer affiliated with the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies