• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Know Anything About This Company? I Met a Rather

In summary, the company is a pyramid scheme that requires a lot of recruitment in order to make money. People have reported horror stories of being scammed, or not being able to make money at all. I would not recommend getting involved with this company.
pamperedkel
Does anyone know anything about this company? I met a rather interesting lady the other day and she was very determined to convince my how much better they were than P.C. I told her I was quite happy with P.C but she would't let up. Among other things she told me she made $175 000 last year with out doing home parties :confused: If anything I learned how NOT to approach potential PC recruits!!

If you Google it, you will find alot of stories -- many of them horror stories -- but many that dispel the myth of "not doing home parties". Basically, it is a pyramid scheme and you would have to recruit alot in order to make money. It's great if you like the product and use it -- you are your own best customer... I have no actual experience with them, but I have read alot of testimonials on the internet.... it's a good read.

BTW I also read somewhere that they are trained to spam spam spam everything in order to gain leads for their "business". What kind of ethic is that?

what I understandof the products (which I have got from friends & family) is that it is environmentally safe and great quality - only you have to have a min. order every month. $50 worth of product is shipped toyou everymonth, you can have a set order every month however if you were to purchase the detergent, it takes 2-3 months to go through it, so you can be stuck with a lot of stuff.

Melaleuca is another name for tea tree oil, that is where the healing & cleaning properties come from in their products.

One of my friends is a member, however, we share it between 4 families and just make the min. order every month, the products last that long...

As for selling it, you need a lot of people to sign up... and they need a lot of people to sell or buy it every month. I think there is a possibility of making lots of money, but I wouldn't recommend getting into it unless you really want the products for yourself. JMHO.

Esther

The lady who owns out local Curves is really big into this company and she is unrelenting when it comes to telling you about it and trying to get you to sign up. I agree with the previous responses, if you are going to use the product then it may be great but I don't really care for the product and I don't want to be held to an minimum order every single month. I don't believe I spend $50 a month on my cleaning and grooming supplies anyways. I would check it out on Google to find out more on the company, because we all know that means a great deal!!!

Wow! Talk about bringing up a bad memory!About three years ago I got involved with that company purchasing their products...only I had to spend $85.00 a month! One night I got a phone call from my representative (a friend of a best friend of mine) and his supervisor. Talk about a PRESSURE sale :eek: ! She was relentless! Going on and on about why I had to spend $85.00 a month for the products. At that time I wanted out of the whole deal. When I expressed this she went into a rage and told me that I was not using the products correctly (Sorry, I like my tide to wash clothes). She went on and on. Finally I had to hang up on both of them because she was too much -- and rude. Here was a perfect example of a person taking their business too far. I NEVER want my customers to feel that kind of pressure. Although the products were usefull, this women turned me completely off. In the end, that business turned out to be a pure scam!

I actually signed up last year to sell this stuff. I wouldn't say it's a scam, but it is definately work. You have to make $50/mo in purchases, and I believe once you get higher in the "food chain" you have to make more like $85. You have to pay like $30 just to sign up(I got in when it was just $1), the products are nice, especially the shampoo and lip gloss, but how much of that can one family use? I still have stuff sitting here never opened from my minimum purchases! Unless you are comfortable in approaching everyone about the business and good at sweet talking them into spending more money than they do now, I wouldn't recommend it. You are supposed to do "in home" demonstrations on the product and business opportunity--kinda like amway of years past. I never did one....... but I did make about $10 for the year off of somebodies sales that they had put under my "leg"--yahooooooo

ange

I love the productsI love my products...however, I would never be anything but a purchaser! My good friend signed up with them and did well when she first signed a couple years ago...but then she ran out of friends and they recommended she not do "home parties." She didn't know how to meet new people, so she is now just like me...a purchaser.

They do not have a minimum you have to buy, but if you do buy a minimum then you get a big discount. I spend about $50-$60 a month. But I buy everything from laundry detergent to floor cleaner to hair spray. I love their products because they are safer for my family. And I would rather support anyone....other than Wal Mart! They get enough of my money in diapers and formula!!

Just my 2 cents!

Multi-Level Marketing...This is why Direct sales can have such a bad reputation. That company is a classic pyramid scheme. They aren't selling products to actualy customers... they are, instead, selling products to their "recruits". There aren't, in the end, that many real customers.

What is different with Pampered Chef is that we have a real product that we sell to real customers. We don't carry inventory. We don't have minimum purchases. We do benefit from having a downline, but not to the 4th or 5th level, like some of the other Multi-Level schemes.

When I signed up with PC, it was so hard to explain to my brother why it wasn't a pyramid scheme. I found a MLM watch-dog site on google that gives big kudos to PC because it is a legitimate direct sales company.

Love,
Rachel

I believe that the biggest reason PC isn't a pyramid company is that anyone, at any level, can make money. PC doesn't require us to bring in more people. Of course, our checks go up if we do but if we're happy being a consultant, that's fine with them.

Talk about PUSHY!!Perhaps Melaleuca and Market America and Amway and all of those "types" of companies have wonderful products...but the reps that I have encountered irritate the heck out of me...period!

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a company that sells high-quality kitchen tools and cooking supplies through in-home cooking demonstrations and online sales.

How long has Pampered Chef been in business?

Pampered Chef was founded in 1980 and has been in business for over 40 years.

What products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and cooking supplies, including pots and pans, knives, cookware, bakeware, and small appliances. They also have a variety of pantry items and cookbooks available for purchase.

How can I purchase products from Pampered Chef?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through in-home cooking demonstrations hosted by a consultant, or online through their website.

Is Pampered Chef a reputable company?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a strong reputation for providing high-quality products and excellent customer service. They also have a generous return policy and offer a satisfaction guarantee on all their products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBevShu
  • byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PAMPERED IN MA