• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Think This Email Is a Scam?

In summary, Barbi Auntry from Iowa wants to purchase a gift set of products from Pampered Chef. She does not have a credit or debit card, is pregnant, and has a 2 month old child. Her boss is going to mail the payment.
Lexif424
I got this email last night and I think its a scam but wanted to get your opinion -I am Barbi,and i want to order from pamperedchef,and let me know if you are going to be available to be my Rep and assist me for the order on the site.

My problem is that it says it came from Christy felini and I don't recognize the name or email.

Just ignore it. Looks to me like she's pfishing.

...or report it as spam.

Just got what I'm pretty sure is my first scam contact from my website. Don't know the name, area code not from my home state. Emailed her back that she'd have to further identify herself or I'd assume she is a scam artist. The name was Jessica Knapp with a 408 area code.

my newest consultant just got the same email from a Barbi Auntry... she is trying to purchase a gift for someone, she just had a baby... she is from Iowa. We are in Ohio. It was around a $600 order and my friend was so excited. I told her it was totally a scam and to ignore it.

here is the e-mail my friend got... Thank you very much.I contacted you concerning your Pamperedchef representative dealership.I will like to deal with you in purchasing some products on the site. B'cos of my new appearance,and i am also new on the site.I don't have much experience on how purchasing through internet and most especially on the site,such as using a credit card,in short i don't have a credit or debit card,due to what i have experienced in the past..
I want to get some products on the site as a gift to my uncle wife,who is ( Astmatic patient ) and she just lost her husband late last year.I want to travel to her to spend some days and get things for her and her children before this month runs out or by next month. B'cos she is so kind,nice and honest to me since she has came to my side to pay us visit and also go to church together, and now that she lost her husband too.I don't want to travel to her with empty handed,b'cos miss Dora and her husband who was our pastor made us to be true born again christian.
More so i took my time to go through products on Pamperedchef ,and this site has the good quality products that will make people to be happy when presenting products of Pamperedchef to them as a gift .
Pamperedchef has a very interesting and amazing products that will be best for my pastor wife and her children.Below are pamperedchef products i want to purchase.(2 Quantities ) #1744 Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl Set
(2 Quantities ) #1204 8 1/4-cup Rectangle Leakproof Glass Container
(2 Quantities ) #2172 Bamboo Tool Turn-About
(2 Quantities ) #1647 Dripless Oil & Vinegar Bottle Set
(3 Quantities ) #2230 Classic Batter Bowl
(2 Quantities ) #1785 Salad & Berry Spinner
(2 Quantities ) #2481 Stainless/Silicone Sauce Whisk
(2 Quantities ) #2354 Digital Kitchen ScaleLet me know the total cost for Complete Set of this products.?
Is there a discount on this?
I hope this will not take you much stress in calculating all the prize of the products together for me,and if so,i will be adding you add additional fee of $20 handling fee for you after calculating the prize of the products all together for me.
I have a baby that i am nursing right now ,I just gave a birth to a baby girl ,she is 2 months old,and my husband has stopped me from working, he want me to stay home as a full time wife and to be able to take good care of our child.So i want everything to be done within us.
My boss i worked with before my husband stopped me from working after i had a new born baby are owning me some months salaries.And my boss is the same as my debtor who will be in charge of mailing out payment to your address for this products i want to purchase from you.
Do you accept Personal Check/cashier's Check/Money Order as a mode of payment?
Kindly email me your full name,contact address,not p.o.box and also your phone number where you will like my debtor to mail out the payment to.And once you receive the payment you can proceed in placing the order for the products.
I hope the products are secure and safe when shipping from the site to me .
I will want the products to be ship out as soon as you receive my payment.
My name is Barbi Auntry, 107 south lucas ave ,eagle grove,iowa.50533, in case you need any information from me.You can text me on 1 (5159840960 ),but i am sorry it is a dial up number which i make use of at all time to browse.
My email is [email protected].
I also hope you are not the type that will do away with my payment when you receive it and ignore me.Just in trust we belief in and My God reward us.

Total scam! Notice how their use of the engilsh language is odd in places. I've seen them before.

That was what I told her. My recruit just started in November and is so bummed that people would do this.

I just got a contact me from this person, never heard of her!

i got one yesterday from the "Auntry" person.

DebinAmelia said:
here is the e-mail my friend got...

Thank you very much.I contacted you concerning your Pamperedchef representative dealership.I will like to deal with you in purchasing some products on the site. B'cos of my new appearance,and i am also new on the site.I don't have much experience on how purchasing through internet and most especially on the site,such as using a credit card,in short i don't have a credit or debit card,due to what i have experienced in the past..
I want to get some products on the site as a gift to my uncle wife,who is ( Astmatic patient ) and she just lost her husband late last year.I want to travel to her to spend some days and get things for her and her children before this month runs out or by next month. B'cos she is so kind,nice and honest to me since she has came to my side to pay us visit and also go to church together, and now that she lost her husband too.I don't want to travel to her with empty handed,b'cos miss Dora and her husband who was our pastor made us to be true born again christian.
More so i took my time to go through products on Pamperedchef ,and this site has the good quality products that will make people to be happy when presenting products of Pamperedchef to them as a gift .
Pamperedchef has a very interesting and amazing products that will be best for my pastor wife and her children.

Below are pamperedchef products i want to purchase.

(2 Quantities ) #1744 Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl Set
(2 Quantities ) #1204 8 1/4-cup Rectangle Leakproof Glass Container
(2 Quantities ) #2172 Bamboo Tool Turn-About
(2 Quantities ) #1647 Dripless Oil & Vinegar Bottle Set
(3 Quantities ) #2230 Classic Batter Bowl
(2 Quantities ) #1785 Salad & Berry Spinner
(2 Quantities ) #2481 Stainless/Silicone Sauce Whisk
(2 Quantities ) #2354 Digital Kitchen Scale

Let me know the total cost for Complete Set of this products.?
Is there a discount on this?
I hope this will not take you much stress in calculating all the prize of the products together for me,and if so,i will be adding you add additional fee of $20 handling fee for you after calculating the prize of the products all together for me.
I have a baby that i am nursing right now ,I just gave a birth to a baby girl ,she is 2 months old,and my husband has stopped me from working, he want me to stay home as a full time wife and to be able to take good care of our child.So i want everything to be done within us.
My boss i worked with before my husband stopped me from working after i had a new born baby are owning me some months salaries.And my boss is the same as my debtor who will be in charge of mailing out payment to your address for this products i want to purchase from you.
Do you accept Personal Check/cashier's Check/Money Order as a mode of payment?
Kindly email me your full name,contact address,not p.o.box and also your phone number where you will like my debtor to mail out the payment to.And once you receive the payment you can proceed in placing the order for the products.
I hope the products are secure and safe when shipping from the site to me .
I will want the products to be ship out as soon as you receive my payment.
My name is Barbi Auntry, 107 south lucas ave ,eagle grove,iowa.50533, in case you need any information from me.You can text me on 1 (5159840960 ),but i am sorry it is a dial up number which i make use of at all time to browse.
My email is [email protected].
I also hope you are not the type that will do away with my payment when you receive it and ignore me.

Just in trust we belief in and My God reward us.

Totally get that it has all the signs of a scam...but I thought these scams worked with you depositing some overly huge amount in your account and then writing a check for the difference back to the person. (If they owe you $10 but send you a check for $110 and ask you to send the difference ($100) back.)

In this the person is offering a money order - isn't that as good as cash in hand? What am I missing?

Or are the phishing for address and personal info?

Money orders are easily faked and not the same as cash. http://www.lookstoogoodtobetrue.com/fraudtypes/counterfeitmoneyorder.aspx

Tracy99 said:
Money orders are easily faked and not the same as cash. http://www.lookstoogoodtobetrue.com/fraudtypes/counterfeitmoneyorder.aspx

Didn't realize - never really used them. But wouldn't I know if it is rejected when I tried to get my money (before placing the order)?

kam said:
Didn't realize - never really used them. But wouldn't I know if it is rejected when I tried to get my money (before placing the order)?

From the website it says:
Bank customers are responsible for the checks they deposit, and victims must repay the bank for bad checks. Federal law requires banks to make the funds you deposit available quickly, but it's important for consumers to know that, just because you can withdraw the money, it doesn't mean the check is good. Banks often release funds from a cashier's check or money order before it clears.

I don't take money orders. I do take checks and luckily have never been burnt by it but I would assume it works the same way as a bad check. I don't usually wait for checks to clear. I just keep extra in my bank account in case I submit a show quickly (month end promotion, etc.) I have gotten bad credit cards before so I probably should be more careful with checks since the result is worse then a bad credit card.

Got the same email. Thanks for the heads up

Tracy99 said:
From the website it says:
Bank customers are responsible for the checks they deposit, and victims must repay the bank for bad checks. Federal law requires banks to make the funds you deposit available quickly, but it's important for consumers to know that, just because you can withdraw the money, it doesn't mean the check is good. Banks often release funds from a cashier's check or money order before it clears.

I don't take money orders. I do take checks and luckily have never been burnt by it but I would assume it works the same way as a bad check. I don't usually wait for checks to clear. I just keep extra in my bank account in case I submit a show quickly (month end promotion, etc.) I have gotten bad credit cards before so I probably should be more careful with checks since the result is worse then a bad credit card.

Ah...I realized about the checks - since it is going into my bank account. But I assumed money orders were "as good as" cash. I have never received a money order so not sure how they would get the money from me once I have cash in hand since I think you can cash them at the grocery store? I know I can get a money order from the grocery store - but not sure what happens when they are cashed.

kam said:
Ah...I realized about the checks - since it is going into my bank account. But I assumed money orders were "as good as" cash. I have never received a money order so not sure how they would get the money from me once I have cash in hand since I think you can cash them at the grocery store? I know I can get a money order from the grocery store - but not sure what happens when they are cashed.

When I sold my car last year I was advised through all the car selling sites to only accept CASH, never Money Orders or even Bank Cashier's Checks because of how easily they are forged.

Also, if you ever get an email from someone who is not local to you, sounds funny in their email, and you don't recognize saying that they don't have a credit/debit card it is 99.9% going to be a scam. I don't exactly know what the scam actually is, but maybe they are hopeing someone takes them up on it and orders the products prior to cashing their check? Or just to get your full contact information (like your actual address, not a PO BOX). If it smells fishy send it to HO. If the person is sincere, they can call PC directly to order, or go on the website and find a consultant in their area to meet with to pay cash.

I received a contact me submission from my website from The following person has submitted an e-mail from your Personalized Site:Name: Deena Harold
E-mail: [email protected]
Day Phone: (646) 600-9516
Evening Phone: (646) 600-9516
Address: nill - nill
City: no information entered
State: no information entered
Zip: no information entered
Language Preference EnglishThis person is interested in the following matters:When is the best time to contact you? Morning
Refer: no information entered
Comments or Message: i want to orderDO YOUR RESEARCH FROM ANY NUMBER THAT DOES NOT LOOK FAMILIAR....JUST SEARCH THE PHONE NUMBER AND READ COMMENTS....DON'T GET SUCKERED INTO ANYTHING THAT LOOKS FUNNY! REMEMBER TO REPORT TO [email protected] NEWSWIRE JAN. 29TH

Yes- certainly follows the outline of the scams that have been coming in. You can go ahead and call- but be cautious.

these days with cell phones, people move and often don't bother to change their numbers. I would definitely do a reverse telephone number lookup to check things out.

Here's the scam e-mail I got:

FedEx

Tracking ID: 7808-91408551
Date: Monday, 25 February 2013, 10:22 AM

Dear Client,

Your parcel has arrived at February 27.Courier was unable to deliver the parcel to you at 27 February 06:33 PM.

To receive your parcel, please, print this receipt and go to the nearest office.

Print Receipt

Best Regards, The FedEx Team.

FedEx 1995-2013

I checked the tracking number, it doesn't exist. I was certain it was a scam before checking the tracking number for a variety of reasons:
1. Fed Ex leaves packages on my enclosed front porch or outside my back door.
2. The e-mail was from Manager Alexander Moreno instead of FedEx
3. In a real e-mail you can never see the blind carbon copies, I was able to see these:
Bcc: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

And I got another one from my webpage D Jone <[email protected]>
Mar 1 (4 days ago)The following person has submitted an e-mail from your Personalized Site: Name: D Jone
Day Phone: (408) 990-3940
Evening Phone: (408) 990-3940
Address: no information entered - no information entered
Language Preference English This person is interested in the following matters: When is the best time to contact you? Morning
Comments or Message: Want to order from you get back to me

JennyJennJen said:
And I got another one from my webpage D Jone <[email protected]>
Mar 1 (4 days ago)The following person has submitted an e-mail from your Personalized Site: Name: D Jone
Day Phone: (408) 990-3940
Evening Phone: (408) 990-3940
Address: no information entered - no information entered
Language Preference English This person is interested in the following matters: When is the best time to contact you? Morning
Comments or Message: Want to order from you get back to me
Well, that cinches it for me - I got the exact message, dated March 5.Melissa

I got the same one!!

Thinking this is not legit???:

Hello how are you doing i am new to pampered chef and need a consultant locally i came across your profile online and would be delighted if you can handle my purchase with pampered chef henceforth.

Larry

It sounds funky, but knowing me, I would reply still with You can order on my website with Credit or Debit. If you cannot purchase with a credit/debit, you can contact Pampered Chef Headquarters, or something like that. But like I said, it doesn't sound legit. I sucks that we can't just be excited when someone contacts us and if they have poor typing skills we automatically think its a scam.

Yes- totally a scam- who uses the word "henceforth" and weird grammer.

This could be starting again. Just got the info below. The last one like it was from Sasha Fox. I replied saying it is very easy to order directly from my website and to follow the online ordering instructions. I have not replied to this one, but I feel it is bogus, too. Did a search for the # and it is from Missouri. Definitely far from Ohio.
First Name Sender: sherry
Last Name Sender: smith
Sender EmailAddress : [email protected]
Day Phone :
Evening Phone :
Cell Phone : (281) 603-7061
Other Phone :
Preferred Phone : Cell
Best Time of Contact: morning
Address 1 :
Address 2 :
Address 3 :
City:
State:
zip:
What brought you here? :
Contact Reason:

Follow up to my post above. The home office told me to reply to the contact as there was noting suspicious in it. I did reply and received this:
"I need you to place an Order for me and also want to be your new Customer, My Boss would mail you
Check for the amount of the Pampered , the shipping fee and the tax as well since i don't operate
CREDIT CARD and am a DEAF WOMAN. The table below illustrate my Order. The Check MUST
arrive before placing my Order.
Item Description Qty Retail Price Total Price
kids cooking baking set 2 $64.50 $142.31
Note: Are the products all hand-packed? Email me with your Full Name, Address and Cell Phone Nbr so that Check can be mail out asap and will it be shipped to me directly from Company? My address will be
included in the Check wihile
Thk You."Needless to say I sent it to the home office along with the reply I sent to "Sherry". The home office told me I could report it to
[email protected]. I forwarded the e-mail and the properties details to that address.Here is my reply to "sherry"
"Sherry,
I apologize I cannot help you. The home office will not let us do business this way.
You can call the home office direct instead of going through a consultant.
Their # is 18886872433
Sincerely, Robyn"Keep an eye out for Sherry Smith and also Shasha Fox

I never received a reply from 'Sherry' although I got another contact me e-mail from her; now a different phone #. Anyone else ever hear from 'her'?

Attachments

• contact me.JPG
    contact me.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 680
I haven't, but there are lots of people with lots of names out there doing this.

These people must not have a life. I hardly have time to keep up with my daily life let alone try to think of ways to scam people.

I believe I just got one too.......where and how did they find me? Or is it?Pampered Chef [email protected] via bounce.mail.thepamperedchef.com
Apr 5 (1 day ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif
Contact Me
Day Phone :
Evening Phone :
Cell Phone : (832) 930-3381
Other Phone :
Preferred Phone : Cell
Address 1 :
Address 2 :
Address 3 :
City:
State:
zip:
What brought you here? :
Contact Reason:
Message: I WANT TO ORDER !then this is what I sent her back:Alma Mejia <[email protected]>
Apr 5 (1 day ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to talk2sherry101
cleardot.gif
Hello Sherry, I would love to help you. Please give me a call at 916-719-2096 and I can help you with your order or you can just shop on my website at www.pamperedchef.biz/almas. If this is under someones show please let me know who it is and I can send you the link to give them credit. Happy shopping.If you have received this communication in error, or no longer wish to receive mail from me and products/information about The Pampered Chef, please notify me immediately to be removed from my mailing list.ALMA MEJIA
Independent Consultant
THE PAMPERED CHEF
916-719-2096 (cell)Then back to me:https://plus.google.com/u/0/_/focus/photos/public/AIbEiAIAAABDCOmf29rLmeijASILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKGJhY2ZjOWE5NmJhYTQ1YzNmMWY5OTEzZGVmYTUzNTU1MWQwNWFlYjIwAdvCT3QXmILCxXmcItljPYSKWkV2?sz=32
sherry smith
6:11 AM (5 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to meI need you to place an Order for me and also want to be your new Customer, My Boss would mail you Check for the amount of the Pampered , the shipping fee and the tax as well since i don't operate CREDIT CARD and am a DEAF WOMAN. The table below illustrate my Order. The Check MUST arrive before placing my Order. Item Description Qty Retail Price Total Price
kids cooking baking set 2 $64.50 $142.31
RnNZfQn2o2xpggJQqefCOervMbPIci5mujDPJnvl43kv6Rtxjyh5gHN_JKVzeU-aaGz3pePFgxfoAAtZJZNx8mveVTc-11j98EfuAJVcumUenA=s0-d-e1-ft

Note : Are the products all hand-packed ? Email me with your Full Name, Address and Cell Phone Nbr so that Check can be mail out asap and will it be shipped to me directly from Company ? My address will be included in the Check while Thk YouThen meAlma Mejia <[email protected]>
9:05 AM (2 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to sherry, bcc: Cynthia (Cynthia is my line up, thought she needed to know)
cleardot.gif
Hello Sherry, is there a family member or a friend that could help you out with placing the order with a credit card?What is the address to where the items need to be shipped to? This will amend the your final price since shipping and tax need to be included.You can shop 24 hours a day/7 days a week directly on my website at www.PamperedChef.Biz/Almas happy shopping!Thank you for your attention and support.HELP - What to you think?

byrd1956 said:
This could be starting again. Just got the info below. The last one like it was from Sasha Fox. I replied saying it is very easy to order directly from my website and to follow the online ordering instructions. I have not replied to this one, but I feel it is bogus, too. Did a search for the # and it is from Missouri. Definitely far from Ohio.
Day Phone :
Evening Phone :
Cell Phone :
(281) 603-7061
Other Phone :
Preferred Phone :
Cell
Address 1 :
Address 2 :
Address 3 :
City:
State:
zip:
What brought you here? :
Contact Reason:
I WANT TO ORDER !
Hey I got the same person too just yesterday, what can/should we do? Where do they find this information at?I contacted H.O. and they said to spam her on my email and contact the Federal Trade Commission via email to report the issue. Their email is [email protected]. I hope this helps other too.Thanks.

Last edited:
kam said:
Totally get that it has all the signs of a scam...but I thought these scams worked with you depositing some overly huge amount in your account and then writing a check for the difference back to the person. (If they owe you $10 but send you a check for $110 and ask you to send the difference ($100) back.)In this the person is offering a money order - isn't that as good as cash in hand? What am I missing?Or are the phishing for address and personal info?

There are huge money order and cashiers checks scams out there. It will be returned and you are out double for the money order and the order you placed for them and shipped.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Dee Shampine
  • baychef