• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do you need doubles of kitchen tools for home and shows?

I've been hearing a lot of people saying they have doubles of some things for their kit and home. It seems to make things easier for them, especially when they have shows. Some even have multiple sets of certain items, like for their kitchen, because they get used so much. Others, however, manage just fine without doubles. It's also helpful that some already had some items before becoming a consultant, and continue to add to their collection through shows. While it may be a concern for some about having to find room for all of it if they decide to stop being a consultant, others find it beneficial to have extra items for display at fairs and events. All in all, having doubles seems to be a personal preference and can make things
redsoxgirl
I've been hearing a lot of you and people in my cluster say they have doubles of some things - one for their kit and one for home.

I just pull the stuff I need out of the cabinets when I have a show.
Is it really that much easier to have 2 of some things and not others?

I have always wondered the same thing.

It's so much easier! Most of the time my car is packed ready to go. The things I have doubles of are the ones I use the most. I also have three of somethings because they get used so much in my kitchen. As I find myself running out to my car to grab certain things, I mark it in my catalog at home so that when it comes to buying stuff I know what I would like another one of.

I don't have doubles and it works just fine for me. Although, it would be nice to have doubles of some things that are always dirty when I'm packing for a show (mix 'n chop, large round stone, food chopper, knives). But until I can afford it, I'm good with using my "every day" stuff for shows.

It helped that I had a bridal shower before I signed as a consultant. I already had some peices that came in the kit. I just keep collecting more as I do my own shows.

Although I do think what is going to happen if I decide not to be a consulant any more. Then I have to find room in my kitchen for all of it!

wadesgirl said:
It helped that I had a bridal shower before I signed as a consultant. I already had some peices that came in the kit. I just keep collecting more as I do my own shows.

Although I do think what is going to happen if I decide not to be a consulant any more. Then I have to find room in my kitchen for all of it!

Then you start a "FS..." thread here and make some extra cash.

Of course we are not going down that road because we are going to help pull each other out of the funk we are in and kick some PC-butt and buy bigger houses to put all of the stuff!!!

(O.k. - that was a bit positive even for me. Maybe I have been "celebrating" a bit today!)

My mom has always gotten on my case because I only have one set of things and she said I need another set for things like fairs, etc. so that the products look nicer.

katie0128 said:
Then you start a "FS..." thread here and make some extra cash.

Of course we are not going down that road because we are going to help pull each other out of the funk we are in and kick some PC-butt and buy bigger houses to put all of the stuff!!!

(O.k. - that was a bit positive even for me. Maybe I have been "celebrating" a bit today!)
Oh don't worry, I'm not quitting any time soon!

As for the appearance of the products, I had a guest ask one night if I actually used the products in my kit. I use most of them when I make the recipes. She thought they looked too good to be used!

krzymomof4 said:
My mom has always gotten on my case because I only have one set of things and she said I need another set for things like fairs, etc. so that the products look nicer.

I like that mine don't look "brand new"... it shows that I actually use them at home and that they hold up desipte the abuse they receive from home AND show use. Although, for things like fairs, it would be nice to have "pretty" items to display.

wadesgirl said:
Oh don't worry, I'm not quitting any time soon!
As for the appearance of the products, I had a guest ask one night if I actually used the products in my kit. I use most of them when I make the recipes. She thought they looked too good to be used!

Good - you had me worried there for a sec!

I have been a consultant for 2.5 years and a director for 1 year. I have many doubles b/c I always earn the new products and now as a director I get that set too. Then when I host my own catalog shows I get a double of stuff I use regularly at home.It's so nice having doubles. I have my kit packed at all times and never have to worry if something is dirty. It's so less stressful.

katie0128 said:
Good - you had me worried there for a sec!
Don't worry. I was just saying "IF..." As I use stuff at home or at my shows, I run into things that I want more of all the time. Right now on my list is the silicone basting brush, citrus press and Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon.

It does bite when they discontinue an item and you end up with 3 of them! I have three of the old scoop measuring cups. They do get used but they are sort of bulky. If you are looking to get 2nd of something, watch out for anything that is colored or seasonal that may not stick around very long (a few years back they had the mix n scraper in different colors, silicone trivet, the whole cranberry scraper collection, handy scraper, etc). That way you aren't stuck with multiples in your house when they are discontinued.

By the way, I also want a third splatter screen, one for my kit, two for my house. It's always getting used!

I have doubles on the stuff I use a lot in my kitchen. Actually it was my husband who complained that I was leaving him in charge of getting the girls fed etc while I went to work, taking with me the can opener, ice cream scoop, pizza cutter, pizza stone............
And I hated starting to talk about something I like and use a lot, only to realize it was in the dishwasher!!
That's what Kit Enhancement is all about!!!!

After 10 years with PC I have a lot of stuff!! I have decided to have a customer appreciation sale and sell off gently used demo pieces. I'm doing this at the end of the month, I'll let you know

I have doubles of some things that are used all of the time. Mix N Chop, can opener (DH had to use an old style punch can opener when I did a show once. I ordered a 2nd on that show.). Other things that I have duplicates of are just b/c of season changes & product restyles. I always take the new stuff with me. Works good for us. I keep a tta always ready to go. I usually don't have to restock that either.

DH was worried when we switched to using the Dots Dinnerware for our everyday dishes. He asked if he'd have dishes to use while I was gone. I had to remind him that I wouldn't be taking the full 16 piece set with me!

DebbieJ said:
I have been a consultant for 2.5 years and a director for 1 year. I have many doubles b/c I always earn the new products and now as a director I get that set too. Then when I host my own catalog shows I get a double of stuff I use regularly at home.It's so nice having doubles. I have my kit packed at all times and never have to worry if something is dirty. It's so less stressful.
Do you make the same recipe at every show? I rarely make the same recipe and if I do a repeat it is many shows away from the original when I made it the first time. I would have to repack my bag anyway. Just wondering. Sorry if you've posted that answer in a different thread.

Doubles of pretty much everything - I have a little addiction problem....:blushing:

I just find it easier then hunting for the stuff in my kitchen -

And I take most of the discontinued or restyled stuff to my beach house or put in a box for my niece who will have an apartment next year on campus - I also have started saving cookware (that I earned during Pan - o rama) etc for my own kids when they get apartments or move out! Little OCD too..LOL

PamperedDor said:
Doubles of pretty much everything - I have a little addiction problem....:blushing:

Right there with you.....been a junkie for years.

You know I have been thinking about this as well, I dont have doubles of anything yet but I do think that PC should give consultants a small square of a stone like 2"x2" or something like that to keep to show the original color of the stoneware cause I cant stand having one stone unused. (I know I know show it to them in the catalog but nothing is like a hands on experience.)

I have doubles i love it because like someone else said in this thread they always have their kit ready to go in their car... That is how mine is i find that it is easier that way. Now some of the new items i don't yet have duplicates and i can tell i know i am going to be ordering those soon...So if my votes count i would say dublicate are the way to go.

ivebeen4given said:
You know I have been thinking about this as well, I dont have doubles of anything yet but I do think that PC should give consultants a small square of a stone like 2"x2" or something like that to keep to show the original color of the stoneware cause I cant stand having one stone unused. (I know I know show it to them in the catalog but nothing is like a hands on experience.)
I show them what ever stone I have on hand or that we are using for the recipe. I think it's better to show them a seasoned stone so that they know how it looks as they use it.

Related to Do you need doubles of kitchen tools for home and shows?

1. What are "Doubles" in Pampered Chef?

"Doubles" in Pampered Chef refers to the opportunity for consultants to host two parties at once- one in their home and one at a host's home. This allows consultants to reach a wider audience and potentially increase sales.

2. How do I schedule a "Doubles" party?

To schedule a "Doubles" party, consultants can work with their team leader to find a host willing to co-host the party. Once the host is secured, the consultant can coordinate with the host to plan the event and invite guests.

3. Can I earn the same benefits from a "Doubles" party as a regular party?

Yes, consultants can earn the same benefits from a "Doubles" party as they would from a regular party. This includes commission on sales, host rewards, and potential bonuses.

4. Are there any special tips for hosting a "Doubles" party?

Yes, it is recommended to have a clear and organized plan for the party, with designated areas for each host's presentation. It is also important to communicate and coordinate with the other host to ensure a smooth and successful event.

5. Can I participate in "Doubles" parties if I am not a consultant?

No, "Doubles" parties are only available for Pampered Chef consultants. However, anyone can host a regular Pampered Chef party and earn host rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • CarrieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Intrepid_Chef