• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Collecting Birthdays Effective for Customer Discounts?

I have a customer/host wish list i put in my lapboards and i tell them they are free to write what they gotta have/love to buy and if they put their important dates birthday/anns. I can pass this on to their hubbys and they love it cause what woman wouldn't wanna get a pc surprise and they always include their spouse name and contact and i have had great success with getting them to the hubbys and they are greatful.... hope that helps you.I like the idea of the 10% off on their birthday month. I just don't know how well I'd be able to keep up with the information. :)
redsoxgirl
Do you ask customers/hosts for their birthday?

If yes, what do you do with the info?
Send a birthday card and discount for their birthday month??

Does this work for orders if that's why you do it?

I haven't... so far. I'm interested to see if others do though... great questions!

I don't either...

No, although yesterday, I had the bright idea that I should ask my recruits for their B-days, so that I can get them a little something. (I was listening to a training CD that was saying to treat your team like family).

I do ask for their birthday. When they are filling out the door prize slip, I tell them the date section is not today's date it is the date of their birthday.

I then let them know they are going to become part of my birthday club, which means they will receive a postcard in the mail from the month of their birthday entitling them to 10% off of any order they place that month.

I send out postcards that I had printed through Vista Print. I typically receive 3-4 orders per month since I started this.

Anyone else?Anyone else do this?

Anyone have a postcard, card and/or wording they can share?

On the CD I got from NC (has all the workshops from NC in MP3 format on one CD), I think it's the Customer Care one, the speaker says she used BirthdayAlarm.com to send an email to all her guests to ask for their birthdays. She said she got a response rate around 80% within 3 days. She then sends them a note in their birthday month. I'm not in a spot where I can get to the CD to listen to the exact words, but she wishes the recipient a happy birthday and lets them know they can get 10% off any order that month.

Haven't tried it myself, but thought I'd put it out there :)

I have a customer/host wish list i put in my lapboards and i tell them they are free to write what they gotta have/love to buy and if they put their important dates birthday/anns. I can pass this on to their hubbys and they love it cause what woman wouldn't wanna get a pc surprise and they always include their spouse name and contact and i have had great success with getting them to the hubbys and they are greatful.... hope that helps you.

I don't ask at my shows because I can't imagine trying to keep track of everything. However, I did sign up with birthdayalarm.com. They give you a link for your friends to use to enter their birthdays. When someone signs up for my newsletter, I invited them to enter their birthday. There's also a place on my website that gives people the link. Birthday Alarm emails me the first notice of their birthday a week before. The second I get the day before. At that point I email the person a birthday greeting and offer them 10% off anything they order for the next month. It makes people feel special, and it doesn't cost me much. BTW, Birthday Alarm is free. :)

One of my downline got me started doing this. I ask for it on door prize slips and put it in P3, but never really did anything with it. She introduced me to Birthday Alarm, Greeting Cards and Reminders and I use that for sending cards with a 10% off in their birthday month. It reminds you via email so you don't have to try to remember it. Plus you can send them a card via the same site.
I just sent a customer care email requesting they imput their birthday....not a bad response so far.

I do not ask. That would just be one more thing for me to remember to do!:D

jrstephens said:
I do not ask. That would just be one more thing for me to remember to do!:D
LOL - that's how I feel too!

I have a hard enough time remembering friends and family B-days.....and those are written on my calendar!:rolleyes: :eek:

I like the idea of the 10% off on their birthday month. I just don't know how well I'd be able to keep up with the information.

i hosted another direct sales party when i was in high school & to this day i still receive a card & a 10% off coupon.

which reminds me to check my mail. my birthday is on monday. ;)

ofcourse i didnt even think to do the same thing for my hosts.

dymplz8 said:
I like the idea of the 10% off on their birthday month. I just don't know how well I'd be able to keep up with the information.

I don't. I get email reminders a week before and the day before, so I don't have to remember the dates. In my Happy Birthday! email, I tell them they need to remind me of their birth date in order to receive the discount.

1. What is the reason for asking for someone's birthday?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, we like to celebrate our customers' special occasions by sending them personalized birthday greetings and offers. Knowing their birthday also helps us keep track of their preferred products and any special promotions that may be available.

2. Is providing my birthday mandatory for making a purchase?

No, providing your birthday is completely optional and not required for making a purchase. However, we highly encourage our customers to share their birthday so we can enhance their shopping experience.

3. How is my birthday information used?

Your birthday information is solely used for sending you personalized greetings and offers. We do not share this information with any third parties or use it for marketing purposes without your consent.

4. Can I update or change my birthday information?

Yes, you can update or change your birthday information at any time by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or updating it in your online account. This will ensure that you continue to receive accurate and relevant birthday greetings and offers.

5. Will I receive any unwanted emails or communication by providing my birthday?

No, providing your birthday does not automatically subscribe you to our email list or any other communication. You will only receive birthday greetings and offers if you have specifically opted in for them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • pampered2007