• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Posts That Lack Effort Frustrate You?

In summary, there is a discussion about people not taking the time to search for answers before asking repetitive or easily answerable questions on the forum. Some people admit to being guilty of this, while others suggest using the resources provided by the company. The poster acknowledges that it may be easier to just ask for help, but still believes in taking the time to research first. There is also mention of the importance of learning for oneself rather than always relying on others for answers.

Do you try to find an answer for yourself by searching through posts or on CC?

• Yes!

Votes: 117 95.1%
  • No!

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Sometimes, but usually not.

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters
I'm going to put this here, since I think it ties in with this thread...

I have a question. I noticed in the files section there are a million (okay, slight exaggeration) copies of the same exact file. Is this because every time someone asks for a particular file and then someone puts it in a reply, it makes another entry? That's why I tend to direct people to the files and tell them the name of it, so that there aren't a bunch to open only to realize they are all the same, or just have a different consultant's name on it. If that's not the case, then I would like to just stick the file in my post and make things easier for people. But again, if this just adds a duplicate file in there, I don't want to do it. Am I explaining this right--do I make sense? :confused:

I don't have a problem with people posting here to ask questions - even repeats - there are constantly new people here that honestly have no clue where to find something, the review is good for all of us, and the search option is lacking. I do, however, wonder why they don't ask their directors for some of the help. That's what the director is for - to help. This site is a great resource for support and quick advice when in a hurry but often the information is faulty - we all make mistakes (I have corrected those that I see and others have corrected mine when I have made an error). The best resourse is home office. Read the business guide, official flyers, check out CC and call/email HO for the most accurate answers to your questions. We are here to help each other understand and to support each other.

My problem is (and I know I'll get blasted for it) that I can not even read posts where the poster doesn't use caps. I get a headache when I try. I'm sure many of those posts have great information in them and I know that most of the posters aren't unaware of grammar rules - some have even stated that they are or have been teachers. It doesn't take any time to hit the caps key and then we could all enjoy the knowledge that you are sharing.

babywings76 said:
I'm going to put this here, since I think it ties in with this thread...

I have a question. I noticed in the files section there are a million (okay, slight exaggeration) copies of the same exact file. Is this because every time someone asks for a particular file and then someone puts it in a reply, it makes another entry? That's why I tend to direct people to the files and tell them the name of it, so that there aren't a bunch to open only to realize they are all the same, or just have a different consultant's name on it. If that's not the case, then I would like to just stick the file in my post and make things easier for people. But again, if this just adds a duplicate file in there, I don't want to do it. Am I explaining this right--do I make sense? :confused:
Each time someone posts a file, it's put into the files again. That's why, when I find one for someone, I post a link to it, rather than the file itself. I also go back through my personal files (you can get to the files you've uploaded through your control panel - User CP) and delete old versions of things that I've updated.

I was thinking more on this because I do keep seeing people ask the same questions, and it turns out a lot of people are duplicating things that are posted because they are being talked about in different areas. Such as the supplies and sample orders and packages--when will they arrive, when can we order, etc. It's been asked now in the Leadership, Lounge, and Business Tips sections and discussed a lot. This is where the New Posts button is really helpful.I know a lot of you do this and know about it, but I'm writing about it again here, because some might be reading this that don't know about it. (wow, that was a mouth full ;) )If you click New Posts, then you'll see EVERY new post since you last logged on. This way you are getting the whole picture. However, for those who hate to read about the personal and off topic things, this feature may not be for them because there are days that that stuff is discussed more so than business stuff. But you just see the list and the categories are mentioned, so you don't have to open all those posts, just the ones that interest you.Sorry to repeat info....just hope it might help some. :)

There are so many new people here all the time, there is always going to be the same questions asked. A lot of new people are so excited and confused. :)

My only beef is when people don't read the whole thread before posting. We had a lot of that during and after leadership. It just about drove me nuts!

rennea said:
There are so many new people here all the time, there is always going to be the same questions asked. A lot of new people are so excited and confused. :)

My only beef is when people don't read the whole thread before posting. We had a lot of that during and after leadership. It just about drove me nuts!

So true! It's one thing to answer the questions or give advice without reading the whole thread, but to ask questions when they were already answered within that same thread is quite annoying. (JMHO...hope that doesn't upset anyone.) :angel:

chefann said:
Everyone has those days - when we just can't seem to find the info and need to just ask. But there are some who seemingly NEVER look things up.

And I try to give a little more leeway to the new consultants (based on their show count and experience indicators).

Totally agree Ann!

When I joined this site I had been in Biz a year. I had read my policy manual first thing when I got it. And tried to read the updates right away.
At first it was fun to be helpful here and answer questions but for me it got old answering the same one over and over. All I kept thinking was Call your director! That is what they get paid for. Now I know some Directors are non existent but new consultants need to at least try that route.

Now I pick and choose. Thankfully for the newbies there are lots of helpful people here.

The ones I get REALLY frustrated at is when the same person asks the same question over and over. I mean how many times can 1 person ask How do I get bookings? How many times do you need to hear "Get on the Phone!!!"

And on the all caps, no caps or funky colors well... those I do not even read because they give me a hedache too.

I love that this is a place to ask questions, get support, and make friends. Just do not abuse the generosity of the members!

Last edited:
i may get chewed out, but by the looks of the poll, either we only have 5 honest people, or no one really wants to admit how often they ask before looking... or the people who are guilty are avoiding the thread all together....

oh, just curious, am i the only person who comes here to look through files, check out the new theads for ideas i have not seen? most of the time when i find time to be here i'm not actively looking for something unless it is a file....

I think we should all refer to CC for administrative questions. Most of the info is there and also most of the updated information that we should have to keep our business running well... CC doesn't bite..try it!!!
I have no problem answering fellow chefers' questions about recipe ideas, or creative ideas but when it comes to informtion that is right there in front of you on CC or in the policies it is frustrating!!! And lets face it, it's not only the newbies!
Bravo Keith! for the courage of posting such a touchy post!
Bon succès dans tes futurs ventes! lol

babywings76 said:
I was thinking more on this because I do keep seeing people ask the same questions, and it turns out a lot of people are duplicating things that are posted because they are being talked about in different areas. Such as the supplies and sample orders and packages--when will they arrive, when can we order, etc. It's been asked now in the Leadership, Lounge, and Business Tips sections and discussed a lot. This is where the New Posts button is really helpful.

I know a lot of you do this and know about it, but I'm writing about it again here, because some might be reading this that don't know about it. (wow, that was a mouth full ;) )

If you click New Posts, then you'll see EVERY new post since you last logged on. This way you are getting the whole picture. However, for those who hate to read about the personal and off topic things, this feature may not be for them because there are days that that stuff is discussed more so than business stuff. But you just see the list and the categories are mentioned, so you don't have to open all those posts, just the ones that interest you.

Sorry to repeat info....just hope it might help some. :)

Thank you, I didn't know this.:thumbup:

I've never seen or used the "new posts" button ... I didn't vote in the poll because there's no "usually" option. I, as I'm sure we all are, have a nasty habit of being in a hurry and not always knowing where to look.However, I have a solution for those of you frustrated with those questions:STOP ANSWERING THEM. Or, if you feel really motivated, give them a link.When I used to be a forums moderator, I would close duplicate threads with a link to the topic already being discussed.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I've never seen or used the "new posts" button ...

I didn't vote in the poll because there's no "usually" option.

I, as I'm sure we all are, have a nasty habit of being in a hurry and not always knowing where to look.

However, I have a solution for those of you frustrated with those questions:

STOP ANSWERING THEM. Or, if you feel really motivated, give them a link.

When I used to be a forums moderator, I would close duplicate threads with a link to the topic already being discussed.

LOL... This is what I do!

1. <H2>What is considered a post lacking effort?</H2><p>A post lacking effort is one that shows little to no attempt at researching or finding the answer on one's own. This can include asking a question that has been asked multiple times before or not taking the time to read through available resources before posting.</p>2. <H2>Why do posts lacking effort frustrate you?</H2><p>As a representative of Pampered Chef, it is our goal to provide helpful and accurate information to our customers. When we see posts that lack effort, it can be frustrating because it shows that the poster has not taken the time to fully understand the company's policies and procedures.</p>3. <H2>What can be done to prevent posts lacking effort?</H2><p>One way to prevent posts lacking effort is to encourage individuals to research their questions before posting. This can include checking the company's website, reading through available resources, and using the search function on our community forum.</p>4. <H2>How can we educate posters on the importance of putting effort into their posts?</H2><p>We can educate posters by reminding them of the resources available to them and encouraging them to use them before posting. We can also provide guidelines for posting and emphasize the importance of taking the time to understand the company's policies and procedures.</p>5. <H2>What are some common examples of posts lacking effort?</H2><p>Common examples of posts lacking effort include asking questions that have already been answered, not providing enough information for others to help, and not taking the time to read through available resources before posting. It can also include posts that are off-topic or irrelevant to the company or products.</p>

What is considered a post lacking effort?

A post lacking effort is one that shows little to no attempt at researching or finding the answer on one's own. This can include asking a question that has been asked multiple times before or not taking the time to read through available resources before posting.

Why do posts lacking effort frustrate you?

As a representative of Pampered Chef, it is our goal to provide helpful and accurate information to our customers. When we see posts that lack effort, it can be frustrating because it shows that the poster has not taken the time to fully understand the company's policies and procedures.

What can be done to prevent posts lacking effort?

One way to prevent posts lacking effort is to encourage individuals to research their questions before posting. This can include checking the company's website, reading through available resources, and using the search function on our community forum.

How can we educate posters on the importance of putting effort into their posts?

We can educate posters by reminding them of the resources available to them and encouraging them to use them before posting. We can also provide guidelines for posting and emphasize the importance of taking the time to understand the company's policies and procedures.

What are some common examples of posts lacking effort?

Common examples of posts lacking effort include asking questions that have already been answered, not providing enough information for others to help, and not taking the time to read through available resources before posting. It can also include posts that are off-topic or irrelevant to the company or products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back