• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do It Yourself Email/Newsletter: Is It Worth It?

In summary, using a newsletter service like myemaildesigns.com or tastytidbits, they are made using HTML, and lots of e-mail providers will catch all that coding and mark it as spam. An e-mail service says that it has a higher success rate at getting through those filters. However, the cost of iContact is starting to really bother me.
kookinwithkale
I just sent out my first "email/newletter". I didn't use a service, just emailed my contacts from my PWS. Wondering if it would make a huge difference in website traffic, using a service or just doing it myself?
Thanks
Steph

A system like iContact professes that they can get your e-mails through a lot of the different e-mail system filters. When you send e-mails out yourself, the mail programs might recognize that you are mass mailing and mark it as spam. If you use a newsletter service like myemaildesigns.com or tastytidbits, they are made using HTML, and lots of e-mail providers will catch all that coding and mark it as spam. An e-mail service says that it has a higher success rate at getting through those filters. They have contracts with the providers. (At least that's what I recall being told.)The PWS has nice e-mails to send out, but the system is a nightmare to work with. I don't like how it doesn't keep some sort of record of who I've sent things to. Plus, iContact keeps track of who opened it and who clicked on things and what they clicked on. It's really nice to see who is actually reading my newsletter.But, the cost of iContact is starting to really bother me. Especially as I get more contacts, because the cost only gets more expensive.

Thanks for the explanation Amanda.... I'll keep it in mind, but for now, I think I'll just keep emailing them through my website. I appreciate your help.

Amanda...Noora was saying she uses MailChimp. It's free for up to 500 contacts. Does about the same as iContact it looks like, but won't tell you WHO opened the emails/clicked. just how many. I don't know how it works as far as pulling in your newsletter service like from Mike or Joy- maybe she can shed more light on that.

Thanks Ladies!

Related to Do It Yourself Email/Newsletter: Is It Worth It?

1. Is it difficult to create and send DIY emails/newsletters?

Not at all! With the right tools and resources, creating and sending DIY emails/newsletters can be a quick and easy process. Many email marketing platforms offer user-friendly drag-and-drop editors and customizable templates to make the process even simpler.

2. Can I track the success of my DIY emails/newsletters?

Yes, most email marketing platforms offer analytics and reporting features that allow you to track the open rates, click-through rates, and overall engagement of your DIY emails/newsletters. This can help you measure the effectiveness of your campaigns and make necessary adjustments for future emails.

3. How often should I send out DIY emails/newsletters?

The frequency of your DIY emails/newsletters will depend on your specific audience and industry. Generally, it is recommended to send out emails at least once a month to keep your audience engaged and informed. However, be mindful not to send too many emails as it can lead to unsubscribes or your emails being marked as spam.

4. Can I personalize DIY emails/newsletters for my audience?

Definitely! Personalization is a key aspect of successful email marketing. You can segment your email list and create targeted DIY emails/newsletters based on your audience's interests, behavior, or demographics. Personalized emails have higher open and click-through rates, making them a valuable tool for connecting with your audience.

5. Is it worth the time and effort to create DIY emails/newsletters?

Yes, it is! DIY emails/newsletters can be a cost-effective way to reach and engage with your audience. With the right content and design, they can help build brand loyalty, drive conversions, and increase customer retention. Plus, once you have a template and process in place, it becomes easier and quicker to create future emails.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
betsyb
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pampered2007
  • cochef