• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Need Trial Sizes for Skin, Bath, and Hair Care on a Plane?

In summary, you can bring one quart-sized zip-top bag, containing all gels, liquids, etc. The individual containers must be 3 oz. or less. And you can't take a larger tube that's only 1/2 full.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Anybody know if I have to have trial sizes of skin care, bath products and hair care products, even if they are in my checked luggage?

It's been a while since I've been on a plane?

it's the 222 rule...or is it 333?
You can carry on the plane one quart size ziploc filled with 2oz bottles of stuff. Nothing more. Anything else has to be in your checked luggage.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Check the airline's website- it'll tell you all you need to know. Last time I went on a plane (about 8 months ago I had to give them my lip gloss (that I just bought thank you) and my chapstick, and my gel hand sanitizer... But I know they did make some changes.

Kitchen Diva said:
Check the airline's website- it'll tell you all you need to know. Last time I went on a plane (about 8 months ago I had to give them my lip gloss (that I just bought thank you) and my chapstick, and my gel hand sanitizer... But I know they did make some changes.

As long as they are within the size limit, just pop them into you ziplock bag as you go through "the search". Then take them out and put them back in your purse for the rest of the trip.

You can have 1 quart-size zip-top bag, containing all gels, liquids, etc. The individual containers must be 3 oz. or less. And you can't take a larger tube that's only 1/2 full.There's no restriction for liquids in checked luggage.

331, DH just printed it out b/c we are flying next week and I have to take a diaper bag on the plane and go through security. The airlines website has it posted. I am taking my printout with me incase they get sassy with me, I can show them I followed what the website said. They are more lenient if you are traveling with babies/toddlers.

Visit the TSA website. All the info is there. Better to get it from the agency that enforces it than from us.

I did go to the airlines page and didn't see a peep about policies and procedures. (Frankly, I wanted to see if they still had that policy against fat people too!)I'll check the TSA.I wanted to know b/c I have a friend who sells Avon. I have a toiletry bag that hangs on the bathroom door ... I would put that in my checked luggage anyway. I just wanted to know if the rules applied to all luggage, or just carry-ons. When I travel, I usually switch to a smaller purse anyway ... it's just easier to manage than my big monster tote.

My husband got our from Delta b/c that is what I am flying on. He also got something from TSA. from what I am reading, it is carry one only, but do not put a lock on your luggage b/c they will just break the lock to look through your luggage as well ( had that happen twice now)

Actually, according to the TSA, it's 3-1-1. Three ounces or less. One ziplock bag to hold it all. And one ziplock per passenger. Anything else goes in checked luggage.I'll probably do both ... I am paranoid about losing luggage.Does anybody know if this applies to lipstick and compacts?

Not lipstick, but yes, lip gloss. Anything liquid or gel.
merego said:
My husband got our from Delta b/c that is what I am flying on. He also got something from TSA. from what I am reading, it is carry one only, but do not put a lock on your luggage b/c they will just break the lock to look through your luggage as well ( had that happen twice now)
You can get TSA approved locks and put those on your bags. They're coded so the TSA can open them with master keys, but others can't. I have one on my suitcase and it works well.

sewing needle
DebbieJ said:
Visit the TSA website. All the info is there. Better to get it from the agency that enforces it than from us.

I have checked the TSA site, airline site, and have even tried calling, but nothing. No one can tell me whether I can take on a 1 1/2 inch sewing needle.
I personally think knitting needles and scissors of 4inches or less are more dangerous, so why not mention sewing needles.
Can someone help me with this one?
Thanks

I think you're OK with a sewing needle. Many of those restrictions were quietly lifted quite a while back.Edit to add:
I see what you mean about the TSA list not being all-inclusive.
Here's the applicable site for people with questions about what they can bring.

Last edited:
Di_Can_Cook said:
Actually, according to the TSA, it's 3-1-1. Three ounces or less. One ziplock bag to hold it all. And one ziplock per passenger. Anything else goes in checked luggage.

I'll probably do both ... I am paranoid about losing luggage.

Does anybody know if this applies to lipstick and compacts?

oops, that's what I meant, I can't type if you can tell from my posts :)

Just did a show last night with a gal who checks people in for one of the airlines. You can take whatever size bottles you want as long as they are in the checked baggage. The restrictions are for the carry-ons. I'm going to ask with my MK lady for samples of my cleanser/moisturizer so I can fit more into my baggie.

My mom works for TSA...it's 3.4 oz or less for carry ons and they have to fit in a QUART size ziplock baggie. No limit for checked bags, but the more you have, the greater the chance they will open and check your bags.

Related to Do I Need Trial Sizes for Skin, Bath, and Hair Care on a Plane?

1. Can I bring trial sizes of Pampered Chef products on a plane?

Yes, you can bring trial sizes of Pampered Chef products on a plane as long as they adhere to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) guidelines for liquids, gels, and aerosols. All containers must be 3.4 ounces or less and fit in a clear, quart-sized plastic bag.

2. Are there any restrictions on which Pampered Chef products can be brought on a plane?

Yes, any products that are considered hazardous materials, such as sharp knives or flammable cooking sprays, are not allowed on planes. It is best to check with the TSA website or with your airline before packing any Pampered Chef products in your carry-on luggage.

3. How many trial sizes of Pampered Chef products can I bring on a plane?

You are allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of 3.4 ounce containers of liquids, gels, and aerosols on a plane. As long as your trial-size products fit within these guidelines, you can bring as many as you can fit in the bag.

4. Can I bring full-size Pampered Chef products on a plane?

Full-size Pampered Chef products are allowed in both carry-on and checked luggage as long as they do not contain hazardous materials. However, it is recommended to pack fragile items, such as glassware, in your carry-on to prevent damage.

5. Do I need to declare my Pampered Chef products at airport security?

No, you do not need to declare your Pampered Chef products at airport security as long as they adhere to the TSA guidelines. However, if you are unsure about a specific product, it is always best to declare it to the security officer for further inspection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • DebbieJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp