• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Need to File a W2 for Paying My Child and Wages on Taxes?

In summary, to pay your children for their work in your Pampered Chef business, you can set up a payroll system through your bank or use a payroll service. They will need to fill out a W-4 form for tax purposes and you must keep track of their hours and wages. If you pay them over $600 in a calendar year, you are required to give them a W-2 form for tax reporting purposes. These rules apply regardless of whether they are your biological children or not. You can deduct the wages you pay your children as a business expense, as long as it is reasonable and in line with what you would pay a non-related employee for the same work. There are no age restrictions for paying your children or providing them
jwpamp
Any CPAs or those who have had a professional do this before, could you respond? I love the thoughts of everyone, but would like to make sure I am doing this right....

Ok, I paid my 17 year old son to do work for me -- and kept good documentation.....do I need to file a W2 for him before I can take off his wages on my taxes?

TIA!

That is a very good question! And I am very curious to find this info too! My son helps me a lot, for which I pay him for, so I would like to know!

TY Keri-Lyn!

Sorry guys....I didn't find this info out! :cry:

1. How do I pay my children for their work in my Pampered Chef business?

To pay your children for their work in your Pampered Chef business, you can set up a payroll system through your bank or use a payroll service. You will need to have your children fill out a W-4 form for tax purposes and keep track of their hours and wages.

2. Do I have to give my children a W-2 form if I pay them for working in my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, if you pay your children over $600 in a calendar year, you are required to give them a W-2 form for tax reporting purposes. This is regardless of whether they are your biological children or not.

3. Can I deduct the wages I pay my children for working in my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, you can deduct the wages you pay your children as a business expense. However, the wages must be reasonable and in line with what you would pay a non-related employee for the same work.

4. Are there any age restrictions for paying my children and providing them with a W-2 form?

There are no age restrictions for paying your children or providing them with a W-2 form. However, they must be performing legitimate work for your business and the wages must be reasonable for the work they are doing.

5. Can I pay my children in products or discounts instead of cash?

No, according to the IRS, wages must be paid in cash or a cash equivalent, such as a check or direct deposit. Paying your children in products or discounts would not be considered a legitimate form of payment for their work in your Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fruit76loop
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
koima
  • Chefstover2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MissChef