• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disney and Southern Baptist Convention

In summary, many Southern Baptists will be in Orlando for the Disney incentive trip. The Southern Baptist Convention is going to be there and the church that the pastor is from will be sending money.
shannonjennings
I didn't know if anyone is Southern Baptist or not, but my husband is a SBC pastor and the Southern Baptist Convention is going to be in Orlando next year during the Disney incentive trip. (Count on about 10,000 Southern Baptists to be in Disney). I don't know how I feel about this, because I was so excited about earning the trip for my family, but now our church will send us there (to Orlando--Disney would be on us) out of my husbands conference money. That's great, but it takes the fun out of saying that I earned the trip for my family. Oh well, I will keep working it--Just promoted to director and working on signing 2 more girls in the next month!!! Yeah! So, for all of you out there, Disney will be quite full that week!!! PC and SBC!!!

You could still earn it and get the PC exclusive benefits...such as the special hours! With that many people, that would be a huge bonus! Take advantage of those 2 Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom. You can do alot of damage in two hours with the right plan! (tourguidemike.com has the best plans! We're true believers of the TGM way. :D)

Call me clueless, but I thought the Southern Baptists had called for a boycott of Disney... of course this was a few years ago so maybe things have changed and I just hadn't heard the update... I think it had to do with their gay-friendly HR policies or something like that.

She said they will be in Orlando during that time, not at Disney...

You know many will escape to Disney though...

Oh I read it wrong... I read "in Orlando FOR a Disney incentive trip"... don't ask me why I thought incentive trips were offered to church pastors....

PampChefJoy said:
Oh I read it wrong... I read "in Orlando FOR a Disney incentive trip"... don't ask me why I thought incentive trips were offered to church pastors....

That made me laugh...what are the criteria?

Church attendance?
Church giving?
Baptisms performed?
Babies born?

:D

1. What is the connection between Disney and the Southern Baptist Convention?

The Southern Baptist Convention has been critical of Disney in the past due to their perceived promotion of LGBTQ+ rights and values that go against the beliefs of the SBC. However, in recent years, the relationship between Disney and the SBC has improved with Disney making efforts to be more inclusive and the SBC softening their stance towards the company.

2. Is there a boycott of Disney among Southern Baptists?

There have been calls for boycotts of Disney from some members of the Southern Baptist Convention in the past. However, the SBC as a whole does not officially support or participate in any boycotts of Disney. Members are free to make their own personal decisions about whether to support or boycott Disney.

3. Are Southern Baptists allowed to work for Disney?

Yes, there is no official stance from the Southern Baptist Convention prohibiting members from working for Disney. However, individuals are encouraged to make informed decisions and consider their own personal values before accepting a job at any company.

4. Does Disney have any ties to the Southern Baptist Convention?

No, Disney does not have any official ties to the Southern Baptist Convention. The relationship between the two has been strained in the past due to differing beliefs and values, but there is no official partnership or connection between them.

5. How has Disney responded to criticism from the Southern Baptist Convention?

In recent years, Disney has made efforts to be more inclusive and address the concerns of the Southern Baptist Convention. They have added LGBTQ+ representation in their movies and TV shows and have publicly stated their commitment to diversity and inclusion. However, some members of the SBC still believe Disney has not done enough to align with their beliefs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
trps
  • cookingwith_tara
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookingwith_tara
Replies
Views
Admin Greg