1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Disney and Southern Baptist Convention

1. shannonjennings

shannonjennings Novice Member

I didn't know if anyone is Southern Baptist or not, but my husband is a SBC pastor and the Southern Baptist Convention is going to be in Orlando next year during the Disney incentive trip. (Count on about 10,000 Southern Baptists to be in Disney). I don't know how I feel about this, because I was so excited about earning the trip for my family, but now our church will send us there (to Orlando--Disney would be on us) out of my husbands conference money. That's great, but it takes the fun out of saying that I earned the trip for my family. Oh well, I will keep working it--Just promoted to director and working on signing 2 more girls in the next month!!! Yeah! So, for all of you out there, Disney will be quite full that week!!! PC and SBC!!!

2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

You could still earn it and get the PC exclusive benefits...such as the special hours! With that many people, that would be a huge bonus! Take advantage of those 2 Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom. You can do alot of damage in two hours with the right plan! (tourguidemike.com has the best plans! We're true believers of the TGM way. :D)

May 11, 2009
  3. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

Call me clueless, but I thought the Southern Baptists had called for a boycott of Disney... of course this was a few years ago so maybe things have changed and I just hadn't heard the update... I think it had to do with their gay-friendly HR policies or something like that.

May 11, 2009
  4. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

She said they will be in Orlando during that time, not at Disney...

May 11, 2009
  5. janetupnorth

You know many will escape to Disney though...

May 11, 2009
  6. janetupnorth

May 11, 2009
  7. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

Oh I read it wrong... I read "in Orlando FOR a Disney incentive trip"... don't ask me why I thought incentive trips were offered to church pastors....

May 11, 2009
  8. janetupnorth

That made me laugh...what are the criteria?

Church attendance?
    Church giving?
    Baptisms performed?
    Babies born?

:D

May 11, 2009
Have something to add?