• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Digital Meat Thermometer: Am I Missing It?

In summary, the digital meat thermometer was discontinued about 6 years ago. It was replaced with a wireless version that can be used grilling.
Cape_PC
Do we have a digital meat thermometer? I have a customer who says we have one for about $30...but I dont see it. Am I missing it?

We no longer carry it.

It was discontinued about 6 years ago.

chefann said:
It was discontinued about 6 years ago.

Not quite that long. I started 3 1/2 years ago and we carried it when I started.

I think it was dc'd after Spring/Summer 2005 or maybe after F/W 05/06.

OK- I was misremembering. I do know that I LOVE :love: mine, and wish HO would put it back in the catalog, but a wireless version that can be used grilling.

I have been using my mom's all weekend while I have been making fudge. - About 60 pounds of it. The little alarm comes in handy. Does anyone know why they stopped carring it? Has it hit the outlet yet in the past years? I know if I ever see it, I'm buying extras!!!!

I know this is an old thread, but to answer your question, it was on the outlet about a year ago. You can find the same exact thermometer that we used to carry on the King Arthur Flour website http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/detail.jsp?select=C81&byCategory=C155&id=4323. I don't know if you ever noticed, but in some of the Pampered Chef catalog pictures in the baking category, I have seen a bag of King Arthur flour in the background. Coincidence??? Hmmmm....

Wow, that thermometer does look just like our old one! Also on this link the mat for rolling out dough looks alot like ours. King Arthur flour is superb!! Their bread flour is awesome. They also picture Saf instant yeast which is great too! I used it for my rolls this past Thanksgiving and they rose higher than ever! The price is right too.
Deb

1. How accurate is the digital meat thermometer?

The accuracy of a digital meat thermometer can vary depending on the brand and model, but most have an accuracy of within 1-2 degrees Fahrenheit. It is important to calibrate the thermometer regularly to ensure accurate readings.

2. Can the digital meat thermometer be used for different types of meat?

Yes, the digital meat thermometer can be used for various types of meat. However, it is important to clean and sanitize the probe between uses to prevent cross-contamination.

3. Is the digital meat thermometer waterproof?

It depends on the specific model, but most digital meat thermometers are not completely waterproof. They may be water-resistant, but it is not recommended to submerge them in water. It is important to check the product specifications before use.

4. How do I know when the meat is done cooking?

The digital meat thermometer will have a temperature reading that indicates the internal temperature of the meat. Different types of meat have different recommended safe cooking temperatures, so it is important to refer to a cooking chart or recipe for the specific type of meat you are cooking.

5. Can the digital meat thermometer be used in the oven?

Some digital meat thermometers are designed to be oven-safe, but it is important to check the product specifications before use. If the thermometer is not oven-safe, it can still be used to check the temperature of the meat after it has been removed from the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Zsu
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
saliahkako
  • jross93
  • Products and Tips
Replies