• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Solving the 'LL' Error on an Old Digital Thermometer

In summary, the 'LL' error on a digital thermometer indicates a low limit and typically occurs when the temperature being measured is below the minimum range. It can occur on an old thermometer due to various reasons and can be fixed by checking the battery, cleaning the probe, and ensuring proper connection. To prevent the error, regularly replacing the battery and properly storing the thermometer is recommended. The 'LL' error itself does not necessarily mean the thermometer is inaccurate, but if it persists or occurs frequently, it may be a sign that the thermometer needs to be replaced.
beepampered
My neighbor's old digital thermometer has been faithful for years. Now, it just says "LL" in the bottom left corner. Any solutions for this? I have never used one so have no idea what to try....Thanks.

maybe try changing out the battery?

That error can come up when the probe is broken.

Quick! It's on the outlet right now!

If it's the probe, you can order it on a replacement parts order!!

KellyTheChef said:
If it's the probe, you can order it on a replacement parts order!!
The probe is $13 to order as a replacement! The whole unit on the Outlet is $23.

What is the 'LL' error on a digital thermometer?

The 'LL' error on a digital thermometer stands for "low limit" and typically appears when the temperature being measured is below the thermometer's minimum temperature range.

Why does the 'LL' error occur on an old digital thermometer?

The 'LL' error can occur on an old digital thermometer due to a variety of reasons, such as a weak battery, a damaged probe, or a malfunctioning internal component.

How can I fix the 'LL' error on my old digital thermometer?

The first step to fixing the 'LL' error is to check the battery and replace it if necessary. If the error persists, try gently cleaning the probe and making sure it is securely connected to the thermometer. If these steps do not work, it may be time to replace the thermometer.

Can the 'LL' error be prevented on an old digital thermometer?

While the 'LL' error can occur on any digital thermometer, there are some preventative measures that can help reduce its occurrence. These include regularly replacing the battery, properly storing and handling the thermometer, and avoiding extreme temperatures or moisture.

Is the 'LL' error a sign that my old digital thermometer is no longer accurate?

The 'LL' error itself does not necessarily mean that the thermometer is inaccurate. However, if the error persists or occurs frequently, it is possible that the thermometer is no longer providing accurate readings and may need to be replaced.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • lisaterwilliger
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates