• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did your Thanksgiving turn out well?

except The Furry Guy who was probably starving and didn't stop trying to eat everything. His parents were amused.We had a good time and I'm glad everything worked out. Summary:The author had a successful Thanksgiving dinner this year, with friends and son joining him. They each ate a little bit of food every day, and the turkey was perfect. The author's friend brought the green bean casserole and an apple-cranberry crisp, and they played Trivial Pursuit afterwards. The author's mother made the turkey breast, and they all enjoyed vegan or vegetarian recipes. The best part of the meal was a vegan gingerbread apple pie.
susanr613
Gold Member
This is the first year in many that I have cooked Thanksgiving dinner. My friend and my son joined me, so it was pretty low-key.

I did a little bit every day this week, so it wasn't too crazy. My friend brought the green bean casserole and an apple-cranberry crisp. The turkey was just about perfect, the conversation interesting and the game of Trivial Pursuit afterwards fun!

My friend and I split the leftovers....we each have enough to make the Turkey-Cranberry Ring.

All in all, a success! :thumbup:

We went to our families houses today. I stuffed myself at noon and wasn't hungry at 4 for our next dinner... we had a nice day overall. Nice conversations, then this evening we curled up on his parents couch and watched a movie while the family entertained his 3 yo! Or maybe I should say while his 3yo entertained the family!

Mine was great! Went to my MIL's house, and had a great dinner.I couldn't eat much though, being 9 months pregnant... my stomach is squished and doesnt allow for much food to be in there.I wish I could have eaten more, all the food was great!Not to mention I brought a dessert on the SA large rectangular platter, and now MIL is ordering one for herself!

Ours was great followed by a fabulous game of Monopoly :)

No Monopoly for me! I got a serious case of Nesting when I went home and started setting up baby stuff, and deep cleaning.. and I'm still going!Maybe its a sign that this pampered baby will be here soon!

I went with my DD & SIL and the grandkids to his Granny & Papa's house in Stevenson, AL. Last year when we were there, Granny had been very sick and we all wondered if she would make it to Christmas. This time, Papa is very sick and slept most of the time in his recliner while we were there. He even slept through one of my 3 mo old granddaughter's "I don't want to go to sleep" cries! Not many people can sleep through that. My DD and I talked about how bad Papa looked. He was talking to one of his grandsons and told him that he knew he was going to get his "new body" and his "old one" was sure getting tired. We had tons of food and 21 men, women, and grandkids were there! It was warm enough (60s) that the 5 kids ranging from 2 yo Josiah (my GS) to 9 yo Audrey played outside for a while. I drove on back to TN by myself while DD, SIL, and the kids went on to Mimi and Papa's (SIL's parents) in Birmingham till Sunday. I have been working on getting all my thank you notes done for my last two shows. Two boxes from one are sitting in the kitchen to be sorted tomorrow and the other will arrive on Saturday (3 boxes). I watched a bunch of CSIs, Criminal Minds, etc. that I had DVRed over the last few weeks. I did get one call from one of my catalog hosts' brother who wanted me to email them my Fabulous Black Friday specials. I didn't have her email before and had left her a voicemail Tuesday about it. After I got that sent off to her, I have been organizing my customer files. It's so quiet without the grandkids here! I do miss them but I will enjoy sleeping past 7 a.m.! LOL!

We had an amazing time! We went to my mother-in-law's. There was SO much food! Turkey, potatoes, gravy, sauerkraut stuffing, some type of carrot dish, brussel sprouts, salad, 3 different types of cranberry dishes, pumpkin pies, cheese cake. Lots of snack type foods....dips & crackers, shrimp, brie etc. I think there were 30-35 people there! Lots of fun conversation & getting to know some of the cousins we only see once a year or every other year. We played a game called "Would you rather" which was rather fun & unusual! One of the best Thanksgivings I've had!!

Ours turned out great! My Mom made a turkey breast and I made everything else, all vegan or vegetarian. I tried some new recipes and they turned out yummy, even the brother and Dad liked them! I think the best thing was a vegan gingerbread apple pie that I made for dessert. I'm not a fan of regular pie crust so I was thrilled when I found a vegan recipe that used gingerbread instead of the typical pie crust!

Ours was good. We didn't get to see the extended family like we usually do because The Furry Guy's aunt wasn't feeling well. That meant we simply gathered with his family at his parents' home. Everyone behaved themselves, so things went well.

I just had my WW weigh-in and LOST weight so my Thanksgiving was AWESOME!!!

We went to my parents, along with my brother, his wife and their 2 kids and my sister inlaws mom and step dad. Food was wonderful. I brought the Green Bean Casserole in the 9x13 stoneware pan. Yes it was a lot of green beans but there were no leftovers. My sister, her husband and there 2 kids came over and we played Trivial Pursuit. Then we went to my cousins house for dessert and played Scene-It! That was fun!! Lots of great food and mom gave me leftovers!!!:thumbup:

Ours was FABULOUS! I have 5 adult sons. 3 of them arrived last Saturday evening (one is married with 4 daughters, another married with a son & daughter and the third is single. My college son arrived Tuesday night and my middle son arrived on Thanksgiving Day (Santa brought him) - so everyone was here! We celebrated Christmas as well as Thanksgiving which has become our tradition since moving so far from our adult kids and it was so great to have everyone here for a change!

Now we are down to just our college son here. It's so quiet and I have a ton to do to put my house back together!

It was quiet around our house. We celebrated Thanksgiving at my father's house in SC at the beginning of the month when my sister and her family from CT went to visit for the week. I made a turkey for just the four of us, and kept the sides really simple. I really missed having Thanksgiving with both sides of our families and having large crowds.

Related to Did your Thanksgiving turn out well?

1. How was your Thanksgiving meal?

My Thanksgiving meal was absolutely delicious! I used some new Pampered Chef products to make some of our traditional dishes, and they turned out even better than before.

2. Did you have any trouble preparing your Thanksgiving feast?

No, not at all! With the help of Pampered Chef's time-saving kitchen tools, I was able to prepare everything efficiently and with ease.

3. What was your favorite dish at Thanksgiving dinner?

It's hard to choose just one, but I would have to say the roasted turkey. Pampered Chef's Turkey Roaster made it super juicy and flavorful.

4. Did you use any Pampered Chef products for your Thanksgiving desserts?

Yes, I used the Deluxe Cooking Blender to make a delicious pumpkin pie filling from scratch. It was a hit with my family!

5. How did your guests react to the dishes you made with Pampered Chef products?

They loved them! Many of them asked for the recipes and were impressed by how flavorful and well-prepared everything was. Some even said it was the best Thanksgiving meal they've ever had!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • ameliasurf