• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did My Host's Husband Take My Utility Knife?

In summary, the host's husband came home and saw dishes in the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher with the author's stuff. The author asked the host and she said she was pretty sure she didn't have the knife. The author then lost the bread knife at a bridal shower. The author replaced the bread knife in kit enhancement month and the host lost the paring and utility knife. The author has the sharpening cases though.
AJPratt
Silver Member
What should I do? I was at my last show and the host's husband came home and saw dishes in the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher with my stuff! What a guy! Anyway, I didn't have much still in the kitchen, but what I did he loaded. The host caught most of it, and I'm pretty sure my utility knife was in it. I asked the host and she said she was pretty sure she didn't have it, and its possible she doesn't. But, I do have the sharpener. So, should I just buy another one or will HO replace it?

I don't think HO will replace it, but I guess you can ask. I lost my bread knife at a bridal shower. I had gotten it out to show and then just went ahead and handed it to the hostess to cut the cake. She says she doesn't have it, but I know it has to be at her house somewhere. I know she wouldn't steal it, she is just extremely dingy and disorganized. I just went ahead and bought another one, but I know that it is cheaper than the utility knife.

It is soooo frustrating to lose things. It seems most likely if you have the case that the knife was loaded in the dishwasher. She may be looking for the case and knife or not really know how to distinguish our knife from some of her others just by the handle:confused: I don't think HO will replace it as it was not damaged but just lost. I would call her back and let her know you have looked all over in your house and vehicle and still can't come up with it. Give her a better description (i.e. the blade goes all the way through the handle). Tell her you're sorry for bothering her again but it is an important tool for your business and you really hope you can locate it. I had a hostess that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt had my stone rack (not an easy thing to miss). She swore she didn't have it and then three months later :eek: she called and let me know she did find it.

You may also want to ask her to look in her yard on the way to your car in case it dropped out there. I had a fellow consultant loose something and ask her hostess about it. The hostess never did find it. When the consultant went to deliver the order she found it laying in the front yard three weeks later!

Good luck locating your knife.

Isn't it amazing how things can just grow legs and disappear:( I've lost several things, but I just ended up buying new!

Well, she's about 30-40 minutes aways from me and with the price of gas, I might just be better off buying a new one, for the $18-19 it costs. I was curious since it was part of my SS kit if HO would replace it. Thank you for your insight!

Yes, I have "lost" a few other things. My first show of this season, some NEW products--the stuff I earned no less! I replaced it in Kit Enhancement month. That's when I started to put all of the new products in a basket and kept them together. It helped.

I did a show on 5/27. The hostess made all kinds of food and used my Mini Serving Spatula to serve the apple crisp she made. I left it there on accident and she called to let me know. We haven't been able to connect to get it back yet. I have a second one, so it's no big deal.

Then I had a show 6/9. When I called the host to close, she said she had my Mini Serving Spatula. Hmm....I still have one at home, so are you sure it's mine? "Yes," she said, "mine is the old one with the wooden handle." I seem to recall someone coming in after my demo had started and she brought food. Maybe it was hers...I don't know. In any case, the host is mailing it back to me. So now when I get the other one back from the first host I'll have three!

Oh well....

Oh man, after my last show...now I can't find my paring AND utility knife:( I have the sharpening cases though! Lots of good that does! My host said she didn't think they were there, but she was going to check w/hubby.

Argh.....I am ready to cry right now....do you guys remember those BEAUTIFUL striped bowl set we had a couple years ago? I just broke the smallest one:mad: Time to get out the super glue!

Ugh! Sorry to hear about the bowl!

1. Where can I purchase a new utility knife?

You can purchase a new utility knife on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

2. How do I care for my utility knife to prevent it from getting lost?

We recommend storing your utility knife in a designated spot in your kitchen and cleaning it after each use. This will help prevent it from getting lost or misplaced.

3. Can I use my utility knife for other tasks besides cutting?

While the primary function of a utility knife is for cutting, it can also be used for tasks such as slicing, trimming, and scoring.

4. Is there a warranty for the utility knife?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a limited lifetime warranty. If your utility knife becomes damaged or lost due to a manufacturing defect, we will replace it for free.

5. Can I sharpen my utility knife?

Yes, our utility knives are designed to be sharpened. We recommend using a sharpening stone or a professional sharpening service for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • ShellBeach
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • keynibear