• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Desser Tasting Fair....help!!!! (Kinda Long Lol)

In summary, the speaker is seeking suggestions and ideas for a dessert to bring to a dessert tasting fair as a fundraiser for the humane society. They mention that most vendors will be bakeries and restaurants and the event is expecting 200 people. The speaker is considering making a Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake with chocolate mousse, but is unsure if it will be elegant enough for the upscale event. They also mention the possibility of making Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies or truffle brownie cups. Another option is Profiterole Puffs, a recipe from Pampered Chef.
Fluffy215
Gold Member
I have been here floating around for quite some time and rarely speak up but now I need to turn to you all for some help, suggestions, ideas....you get the point LOL

I am doing a Dessert Tasting Fair at the end of this month as a fundraiser for the humane society. Most of the vendors there are going to be bakeries, caterers, restaurants etc. and the fair is free, they just ask that we bring a dessert for people to "sample". These people are paying $20 each to enter. This is besides both a live auction and a silent auction. They are expecting 200 people at minimum at this thing. I know one company is making dessert crepes and I need suggestions on what to make. The one thing I have a problem with is I live about an hour away so would have to be able to travel easily. The only thing I am taking besides the dessert is the tools I used to make it as well as SA to display it. The one thing I came up with that sounds elegant and not to expensive is the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake with the medium scoop of chocolate mousse next to it which is going to be topped with a piece of milk chocolate with caramel flavor sprinkled with nougatine (that chocolate I bought on clearance today at the grocery store for a dollar a box; normally $5 each and has about 30 8" pieces, got five boxes, break them in half so as to not to overwhelm the rest of the plate and it looks like the fancy kind that you see chefs make to decorate their desserts LOL) Anyways, I am wondering if this is going to be elegant enough. I know they didn't say it has to be elegant but it's in a fine dining restaurant hall, and it's a lot of upscale businesses going to be there so no they don't say it but...........you know what I mean? The mousse I figured I am making just about a five gallon container of it and have a cooler to transport that in so that is not a problem. I guess what I am asking is does this sound ok or do you have any other ideas I might steal.......errrrrrr think about LOL Thank you in advance for any suggestions or advice you may have.

The Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies from Season's Best are very rich. You could cut them into small pieces, as a result...I don't know how that would price out for 200 samples, though.

What about the truffle brownie cups from SBRC FW 07? You could pipe cool whip and grate chocolate on top, or my personal fave is to sprinkle orange peel on top. Use the Zester/Scorer to Score curly cues. Then you have a lot of individual pieces already individualized. KWIM?

These can be made ahead and frozen, then by the time you arrive they will be ready to eat. They are so easy and fancy looking. If you have the 3 tier rack, they look very elegant.

The Pampered Chef ®
Profiterole Puffs
Recipe

Puffs

3/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs, lightly beaten

Filling and Topping

1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
1/4 cup prepared chocolate frosting, melted
2 tablespoons chopped pistachios or almonds

Preheat oven to 375°F. For puffs, in (1.5-qt.) Saucepan, combine water, butter and salt; bring to a boil over high heat. Add flour all at once. Using Classic Scraper, stir mixture vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms into a ball. Remove from heat; place dough into Classic Batter Bowl. Add eggs and whisk until smooth and very thick using Stainless Whisk.

Lightly spray Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Using slightly mounded Small Scoop, scoop batter into cups. Bake 22-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven and make a small cut into side of each puff using Quikut Paring Knife to release excess steam. Remove puffs from pan to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

For filling, combine whipped topping, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix gently until well blended using Small Mix 'N Scraper®. Attach bismark tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with filling and pipe into center of each puff. For topping, place frosting in Prep Bowl; microwave on HIGH 5-10 seconds or until melted. Drizzle frosting over puffs and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Serve immediately.

Yield: 24 puffs

Nutrients per serving: (1 puff): Calories 90, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 55 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: To prepare filling using heavy whipping cream, combine 11/2 cups heavy whipping cream, 3/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon Double Strength Vanilla in Stainless (2-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Set over Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl that is filled with ice. Beat cream until stiff peaks form using Double Balloon Whisk, about 5-7 minutes. Proceed as recipe directs.

If desired, 1 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double Strength Vanilla.

Profiteroles can be prepared well in advance. Place finished profiteroles on the Chillzanne® Rectangle Server and freeze until ready to serve. Thaw for 15 minutes before serving.

Advertisement
Advertiser

Hi there! It sounds like you have a great opportunity to showcase your talents at the Dessert Tasting Fair. I love your idea for the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake with the chocolate mousse and fancy chocolate decoration. It definitely sounds elegant and delicious. If you're looking for some other ideas, here are a few suggestions:
1. Mini fruit tarts - these are easy to transport and can be made in advance. You can use a mini muffin pan and pre-made tart shells for convenience.
2. Chocolate covered strawberries - always a crowd pleaser and can be made the day of the event.
3. Cheesecake bites - these can be made in advance and you can add different toppings such as fruit, chocolate drizzle, or even a caramel swirl.
4. Lemon bars - a refreshing and light option that can be made in advance and easily transported.
5. Mini brownie bites - these can be made in advance and you can add toppings such as nuts, chocolate chips, or even a layer of cream cheese frosting. I hope these ideas help and good luck with the fundraiser! Let us know how it goes.

1. What is a Dessert Tasting Fair?

A Dessert Tasting Fair is an event where guests can sample and purchase a variety of desserts made with Pampered Chef products. It's a fun and delicious way to experience our products and get new recipe ideas!

2. How can I attend a Dessert Tasting Fair?

You can attend a Dessert Tasting Fair by hosting one yourself or by attending one hosted by someone else. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to find out about upcoming events in your area.

3. What types of desserts will be available at the fair?

The types of desserts available at the fair will vary depending on the host and the recipes they choose to make. However, you can expect a variety of sweet treats such as cookies, cakes, pies, and more. There may also be some savory options available.

4. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at the fair?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products at the Dessert Tasting Fair. Our consultants will have a selection of products available for purchase, and you can also place orders for any products you are interested in.

5. Is there a cost to attend the Dessert Tasting Fair?

There is no cost to attend the Dessert Tasting Fair. It is a free event for guests to attend and sample the desserts. However, if you choose to purchase any products, there will be a cost for those items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies