• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Venison Recipes for Your Freezer Stock - Try Our Veat Loaf!

In summary, Janet suggests cooking venison steaks or cutlets with Dale's Seasoning (or some other seasoning), bacon, peppers, and onions, or frying them; making a hash dish with chunks of venison; or cooking it in a crockpot with potatoes, onions, and carrots.
peachey
Gold Member
Does anyone have recipes for venison? My father went hunting and now my husband and I have a lot of venison in the freezer. I used the ground venison and combined it with beef and made "Veat Loaf". So I experimented a little and it turned out tasty and not gamey at all.

I have venison cutlets and steaks, and I haven't a clue what to do with them. Any suggestions???

Thanks, Janet! I am always looking for new recipe ideas. I really like the link you sent me.

We marinate the steak in Dale's and then wrap it in bacon, put that with some peppers & onions on skewers and grill.

Or flour the steaks like you would cube steak and fry them. You can eat them like that or make gravy and put them back in the gravy.

Also, you can cut them in chunks and make what we call "hash." It is cut in pieces like "stew meat." Then you can make gravy and cook in gravy and onions. I have just poured BBQ sauce over the chunks and baked too.

We love deer meat!! I am assuming that is what you mean by venison. Please, correct me if I am wrong!!!!

Thank you for the ideas. I have some ground meat left, but I pulled the cutlets out of the freezer and I am determined to do something with them.

I have used them in the place of beef, like for roast, ect.... We eat a lot of venison. You can cut into chucks and make stew out of it. I also like to drizzle a little zesty Italian dressing, slice some onions, rotel tomatoes and fresh garlic and cover and bake in the oven. DCB of course... lol. Of course you can make spaghetti sauce, chili, ect with your ground meat.

NOT FAIR...Pavlov is real and I'm drooling all over my desk. I haven't had venison in FAR too long!

I love to chunk it up, saute with onion and garlic, then add cream of mushroom soup and milk to thin. Cook slowly, adding water or milk to thin the gravy as necessary. The gravy takes on the meat flavor, the meat takes on the gravy flavor, and it is YUMMY. Serve over rice (my favorite) or noodles.

I think it's time my hubby took up hunting!!!!

We make a stew w/it that is really good and is cooked in the crockpot. Cut it into cubes like beef stew. One bottle of John Boy & Billy's BBQ sauce (not hot). One can of beer. Put in crockpot w/potatoes, onions and carrots. Cook on low at least 6 hours or until meat is tender.

If you don't like the gaminess (?SP) I used to take a roast and actually coat it in the prepared yellow mustard -- some old farmer gave me the hint. Then cook/bake it as usual. You don't taste the mustard really, and no gaminess (?SP). We take some of the steaks and marinate in a speedie sauce then after a couple days, put on the grill.

What are some popular recipes for cooking venison?

Some popular recipes for venison include venison stew, venison chili, venison steak, venison burgers, and venison roast.

What are some tips for preparing and cooking venison?

When preparing venison, it is important to trim off any excess fat and remove any silver skin. It is also recommended to marinate the venison before cooking to add flavor and tenderness. When cooking, it is important to not overcook the venison as it can become tough and dry.

Can I substitute venison in a recipe that calls for beef?

Yes, venison can be substituted for beef in many recipes. However, keep in mind that venison has a richer, stronger flavor than beef, so it may alter the taste of the dish. It is also important to adjust cooking times and temperatures accordingly as venison cooks faster than beef.

What are some recommended methods for cooking venison?

Some recommended methods for cooking venison include grilling, roasting, and pan-searing. It is also important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the venison is cooked to the desired doneness.

Do you have any recipes specifically designed for venison?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes specifically designed for venison. These can be found on our website or in our cookbooks. Some popular recipes include venison stir-fry, venison meatloaf, and venison tacos.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nldavis321
  • esavvymom