• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Pork & Pineapple Stir-Fry Recipe with a Twist - Perfect for Dinner!

and easy. I will definitely make it again.Mine is also not a real review, since I did change some things - but nothing major.
raebates
Staff member
Made this for dinner. I'm not doing this as a review because, as usually, I didn't do it exactly as written.

That said, I love it! The only thing I changed is that I didn't use the cornstarch. I have food texture issues, and adding cornstarch makes it feel slimy to me. (It's one of the reasons I don't usually do Chinese foods. I'm not a big sauce person.) The combination of the sweet pineapple with the savory pork and onions is great.

Next time I might try adding a little coconut. I'm looking forward to hearing The Furry Guy's opinion.

I served it with sticky rice. The sweet and sour sauce makes a great topping for sticky rice. :)

Thanks for the non-review Rae!

I want to make this - but I don't have any pork, so I am going to have to do it with chicken. I just know DH & DS would love it.

I think it would be great with chicken. I'm looking forward to trying that.

it looks good... I will have to try it now... thanks for the reviewmmmmm wish I had the stuff to make it at home right now...Oh well, this weekend will do

Sounds like I will like it for sure. I think I need to pick up a few things before I can though.

The Furry Guy liked it. It was a little heavy on the onion for him. I realized, though, that I probably cut the onion a bit too small. I'll use a little less onion and leave it in larger pieces. He didn't care for the Chocolate Banana Cream Trifle. However, he isn't a fan of banana flavored stuff. Bananas he loves. Banana flavoring--not so much.

raebates said:
The Furry Guy liked it. It was a little heavy on the onion for him. I realized, though, that I probably cut the onion a bit too small. I'll use a little less onion and leave it in larger pieces.

He didn't care for the Chocolate Banana Cream Trifle. However, he isn't a fan of banana flavored stuff. Bananas he loves. Banana flavoring--not so much.

Nooooooooooooooooooo I'm gonna make that trifle tonight. I hope it's good!

I made this w/ chicken & it was great!!! I made sticky rice, pot stickers to go w/ it (frozen kind) & it was a huge hit. Dh said there was too many pineapple chunks, so I ate his!!

leftymac said:
Nooooooooooooooooooo I'm gonna make that trifle tonight. I hope it's good!

If it makes you feel any better, I loved it. He thought maybe next time I should mix the filling 1/2 banana pudding, 1/2 vanilla.

raebates said:
If it makes you feel any better, I loved it. He thought maybe next time I should mix the filling 1/2 banana pudding, 1/2 vanilla.

I was thinking that while making it. It smelled like banana candy! I'm getting ready to type up my review.

Yep, it smells like banana Laffy Taffy. I love banana Laffy Taffy. :)Loved your review, BTW.

raebates said:
Yep, it smells like banana Laffy Taffy. I love banana Laffy Taffy. :)

Loved your review, BTW.

Thanks! it's my goal to do a review and pic for every recipe.

Cool. I'll look forward to reading them.

I am looking all over for the recipe for sweet and sour pork and pineapple... where can i find it?

Look in Recipe Tips under the post "Seasons Best"; someone posted all the new recipes there. Likely you can find them in the files, too. There are 3 of them and they all start off SB...​

That sounds lovely.

LeslieSGI said:
Look in Recipe Tips under the post "Seasons Best"; someone posted all the new recipes there. Likely you can find them in the files, too. There are 3 of them and they all start off SB...​

Thanks... I appreciate the help!!

Here is my review (kinda!) on this recipe.

Mine is also not a real review, since I did change some things - but nothing major.

First, I used chicken instead of pork. I also added some sliced carrots when I added the onion, and I used a sweet white onion instead of a red onion. (It's what I had). I also doubled the sauce, because we like sauce, and it just didn't look like enough when I mixed it. I'm glad I doubled it - that was about the right amount. I served it with white rice which I had seasoned with some herbs.

DS and I LOVED it. He ate everything on his plate. (I made sure he didn't have any visible onions.) DH said it was okay - but that's just because he has a severe sugar addiction, and all sauces have to be teeth-achingly sweet for him to really enjoy them. I reminded him that it's not supposed to taste like dessert.:rolleyes: It couldn't have been too bad, because he ate 2 plates full of it.

It was very quick to put together. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new pineapple wedger! I think DH was a little miffed that I had the pineapple wedged before he came home from work. That is the one new tool that he says is really cool, and I think he wants to play with it!:D
Next time, I won't bother with slicing the sugar snap peas. We eat them all the time, and I never slice them, so this is an unneccesary step for me, I guess.
I will definitely make this again - it was quick, easy, delicious, and healthy!:thumbup::thumbup:

Made this with chicken. (pork is really turning me off more and more). I did follow the recipe and it was fantastic. I like to follow the recipe to the "T" because if I do it at a party, I want the customer to have the same result as they tasted at the party. For home, however, I tweek away!!!

I have tried the Chocolate Pecan mini cakes - very sweet but very good
I did the Jalopeno Pizza poppers...very good (I took all of the seeds out but didn't fuss with the membranes too much and it was just right for me.)
Grilled Chicken Penne Fresco...excellent
and at last night's meeting I made the Tropical Torte with Fresh P/A...fantastic

I will not be making the Banana Trifle...I am in 150% agreement with the Furry Guy. I couldn't eat a banana if my life depended on it. I do however love KG's dancing banana which I can not post on here because my work computer does not allow me to do so!!

Has anyone done the stir fry as a show demo? It looks so nice on the catalogue cover in the bamboo bowl and I'm itching to show off my 12 in. skillet that I just got, but I'm worried about the flow of the show. Most of my demos have been done around the kitchen table ~ would everyone move to the stove?

Related to Delicious Pork & Pineapple Stir-Fry Recipe with a Twist - Perfect for Dinner!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Pork & Pineapple Stir-Fry?

To make this delicious dish, you will need pork tenderloin, pineapple chunks, bell pepper, onion, garlic, soy sauce, cornstarch, vegetable oil, and rice. You can also add in any additional vegetables or seasonings of your choice.

2. Can I use a different type of meat instead of pork?

Yes, you can use chicken, beef, or even tofu as a substitute for pork in this stir-fry recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. How do I cut the pork for stir-fry?

The best way to cut pork for stir-fry is to slice it against the grain into thin strips. This will ensure that the meat stays tender and cooks quickly.

4. Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned?

Yes, you can use fresh pineapple for this dish. Just make sure to cut it into bite-sized pieces and cook it with the rest of the ingredients in the stir-fry.

5. How do I prevent the pork from becoming tough?

To prevent the pork from becoming tough, make sure to not overcook it. Cook the pork on high heat for a short amount of time, and remove it from the pan as soon as it is cooked through. This will keep the meat tender and juicy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ngrawer
  • confusedturtle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies