• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

S/S Pork & Pineapple Stir Fry & Steamed Dumplings

In summary, the author liked the stir-fry and the new pizza recipe, but the dumplings were not a hit. The author also mentioned that the pork tenderloin is expensive here.
confusedturtle
Gold Member
Has anyone else tried this? What did you think?

I made this last night for my kids and did it exactly as the recipe called for and they loved it. :love: They normally love pineapple, but did not care for it in the stir fry, they also thought the dipping sauce for the dumplings was a little spicy. I was shocked, they didn't want to taste any of it because it didn't look right to them (they are like all kids they hate it until they try it) and I have always had a tough time getting them to try dumplings, but once they tasted it they loved it. I loved all of it, I thought it was good. Now that I know I like it I am going to try it with all of the low or no sodium soy sauce & seasonings and low or no sugar added stuff too. That is how I normally prepare our dishes so we'll see. ;) So what did you think?

I haven't tried the dumplings but I have done the stir-fry and LOVED IT! My son even discovered that he liked pineapple and is now begging me to buy fresh pineapple (now that it's not on sale!)

We also did the Chicken Penne in the DCB...I liked it...family not so much. I've done the Casbah Chicken before. Again, I loved it, the family doesn't like couscous so it wasn't a hit with them.

I can't wait to try the Rissotto and the new Pizza.

I did the Stir Fry, but used chicken in place of the pork. I also added carrots and doubled the sauce - because we like lots of sauce.

We all really liked it.

I'm anxious to try the dumplings, but had to wait until this weeks grocery budget to get the stuff to make them.

I bought the ingredients to make this for our cluster meeting Tuesday. Is the pork tenderloin as expensive as it is here? Here it's $4.99 a lb. So I am using boneless skinless chicken breasts which is only $2.99 a lb.

Fluffy215 said:
I bought the ingredients to make this for our cluster meeting Tuesday. Is the pork tenderloin as expensive as it is here? Here it's $4.99 a lb. So I am using boneless skinless chicken breasts which is only $2.99 a lb.

It's expensive here too, but my grocery store will give deep discounts for those items getting ready to "expire"...so I go early in the day and pick it up then. And I'm not worried about the date, because it's usually a day or two away from expiring and I'm making it that day (or it goes right into the freezer). I've gotten some sweet deals this way.

Chefstover2 said:
It's expensive here too, but my grocery store will give deep discounts for those items getting ready to "expire"...so I go early in the day and pick it up then. And I'm not worried about the date, because it's usually a day or two away from expiring and I'm making it that day (or it goes right into the freezer). I've gotten some sweet deals this way.

I do this also, you can save as much as 50% in some cases. You have to get there early though, otherwise they get boughten up!

1. How do I prepare the S/S Pork & Pineapple Stir Fry?

The S/S Pork & Pineapple Stir Fry is a simple and delicious dish that can be prepared in just a few easy steps. First, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in a tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the pork strips and cook for about 5-6 minutes until they are browned. Next, add in the sliced vegetables and stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes. Finally, add in the pineapple chunks and sauce, and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Serve over rice or noodles and enjoy!

2. How do I make the steamed dumplings for this dish?

To make the steamed dumplings, you will need a bamboo steamer or a metal steamer basket. Fill a pot with about an inch of water and bring it to a boil. While the water is heating up, prepare the dumplings by placing them on a piece of parchment paper inside the steamer. Once the water is boiling, place the steamer on top of the pot and steam the dumplings for about 8-10 minutes until they are cooked through. Serve them alongside the stir fry for a complete meal.

3. Can I substitute the pork for another protein?

Yes, you can definitely substitute the pork for another protein such as chicken, beef, or tofu. Simply adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure that the protein is fully cooked. You can also add in any additional vegetables or ingredients that you prefer to make it your own unique dish.

4. Is this dish gluten-free?

Yes, both the S/S Pork & Pineapple Stir Fry and the steamed dumplings are gluten-free. The sauce used for the stir fry is made with gluten-free ingredients and the dumpling wrappers are typically made with rice flour instead of wheat flour. However, it is always best to double check the ingredients and labels of the products you are using to ensure they are gluten-free.

5. Can I make this dish ahead of time and reheat it?

While the stir fry is best served fresh, you can definitely make it ahead of time and reheat it. Simply store the cooked stir fry in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to reheat, simply heat it up on the stove or in the microwave until it is heated through. The steamed dumplings can also be reheated in the same way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ngrawer
Replies
Views
cactus_flower
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76