• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious New Orleans Crab Spread Recipe - Easy and Quick!

In summary, the New Orleans Crab Spread includes lump crab meat, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, green onions, and Cajun seasoning. This spread can be served as a dip with crackers, chips, or vegetables, or used as a filling for stuffed mushrooms. It can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. While the recommended choice is lump crab meat, it can be substituted with other types of seafood such as shrimp or lobster. The level of spiciness can be adjusted to personal preference.
PamperedK
Silver Member
Does anyone have this recipe handy? I don't have my book on me.

What book is it in?

All the Best

Here it is for you. :)

Attachments

• NEW ORLEANS CRAB SPREAD.doc
    20 KB · Views: 360
Stand by - typing now

Thank you!!!

4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 pkg. (8 oz) imiation crabmeat, chopped
1/4 c chopped celery
1/4 c chopped green bell pepper
1 garlic glove, pressed
1 1/2 t. Pantry Cajun Herb Seasoning

Toasted Canape Bread or crackers.

1. Place cream cheese in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened; add mayonnaise and whisk until smooth. Chop crabmeat using Food Chopper. Chop celery and bell pepper using Chef's Knife.

2. Add crabmeat, celery, bell pepper, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and seasoning mix to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.

Mmmm...just spotted the tomato Basil Squares - haven't made those in YEARS!!!! I think I just might in a few minutes....yum, yum....kids can have burgers, I might have these!

Mmm this is so good! I put extra garlic in and it's awesome.

My Tomato Basil Squares have 2 minutes left!

janetupnorth said:
My Tomato Basil Squares have 2 minutes left!
Yummo! I've been making these at my shows lately and everyone always loves them. I even made them for DH earlier this week.

I just got done eating half of it myself! I had forgotten how good they are. (The other half is in the fridge for me tomorrow - he-he). One advantage to having picky eaters in the house!

Does the New Orleans Crab Spread taste good? I have never done it but keep looking at it to try. What's it taste like?

I wanting Spinach Artichoke out of All the Best. The host at last night's show had it and that has me wanting more of it.

Related to Delicious New Orleans Crab Spread Recipe - Easy and Quick!

What ingredients are included in the New Orleans Crab Spread?

The New Orleans Crab Spread includes lump crab meat, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, green onions, and Cajun seasoning.

How do I serve the New Orleans Crab Spread?

The New Orleans Crab Spread can be served as a dip with crackers, chips, or vegetables. It can also be spread on crostini or used as a filling for stuffed mushrooms.

Can I make the New Orleans Crab Spread ahead of time?

Yes, the New Orleans Crab Spread can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap.

Can I substitute the lump crab meat with another type of seafood?

While the lump crab meat is the recommended choice for this recipe, you can substitute it with other types of seafood such as shrimp or lobster. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Is the New Orleans Crab Spread spicy?

The level of spiciness can be adjusted by adding more or less hot sauce and Cajun seasoning. You can also omit the hot sauce altogether if you prefer a milder flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stephanieboyd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefruthie
  • PamperedMandy2010
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies