• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Microwave Turkey Chili Recipe - Perfect for a Hearty Meal!

In summary, the author made this turkey chili in a crockpot and it was really tasty. It has a little bite to it and is different than your typical ground beef/soup type chili. She thinks she will enter it in to a chili cookoff at her husband's job.
pkd09
Silver Member
I made this last night and my DH really liked it. It has a little bite to it and was a little different than your typical ground beef/soup type chili. I brought left-overs to work and am anxious to get other opinions. It was easy and smelled really good cooking in the microwave. Makes a lot and was very filling.

I can't find the receipe for this can anyone help?? I click the link on CC and it takes me to a bunch of options but I can't seem to find it.. Thanks in advance.

Microwave Quick Turkey Chili
This quick and easy turkey chili is packed with flavor and can be made in less than 30 minutes.

1 cup chopped onion
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
¾ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (16 ounces) chili beans in sauce, undrained
½ cup hot water
1. Using Food Chopper, chop onion and jalapeño pepper. Dice bell pepper using Santoku Knife. Place vegetables in
Deep Covered Baker; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until tender.
2. Add turkey, oil, garlic and salt; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring halfway through
and breaking turkey mixture into crumbles.
3. Add seasoning mix and flour; mix well to coat. Stir in tomatoes, beans and water. Microwave, uncovered, an
additional 12-14 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring once halfway through cooking.
Yield: 6 servings

(Light) Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g,
Protein 25 g, Sodium 970 mg, Fiber 8 g

I made this in my crockpot and it was super yummy. Does have a bite to it though with the Jalapeno peper in it.

I bartend on Saturdays only and am holding a chili cook off soon....I think I'll try this one!

I am thinking about entering it in to the chili cookoff that my town has every summer!

Sheleeno said:
I made this in my crockpot and it was super yummy. Does have a bite to it though with the Jalapeno peper in it.
If you remove all the seeds and all the ribs from the inside, it will help tame the heat a little.

Thanks for the recipe.. I am going to use it in a chili cook off at my hubbys job:)

Related to Delicious Microwave Turkey Chili Recipe - Perfect for a Hearty Meal!

1. Can I substitute ground beef for the ground turkey in this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely substitute ground beef for the ground turkey in this recipe. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as ground beef may take longer to cook through.

2. Do I need to precook the vegetables before adding them to the chili?

No, there's no need to precook the vegetables. Simply add them to the chili and they will cook perfectly in the microwave.

3. Can I freeze this chili and reheat it later?

Yes, this chili is perfect for freezing and reheating later. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container and thaw it in the fridge before reheating in the microwave.

4. How spicy is this chili?

This chili has a medium level of spice, but you can adjust it to your preference by adding more or less chili powder and cayenne pepper.

5. Can I make this recipe in a regular pot on the stove instead of using the microwave?

Yes, you can definitely make this recipe on the stove instead of the microwave. Just cook the ingredients in a pot over medium heat until the turkey is cooked through and the flavors are well combined.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • AmyDare
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
doughmama