• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Delicious Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake - Try it Yourself!

In summary, to make Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake, you will need ingredients such as all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, egg, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, cherries, brown sugar, rolled oats, and unsalted butter. This cake can also be made with gluten-free flour and the cherries should be pitted and halved before being added to the batter. It should be baked for approximately 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
DebPC
Staff member
Has anyone made this personally or at shows? I watched the PC vidio and it looks so good and easy. Just looking for any feedback.

I have done it both in the DCB and in the RCB (1/2 recipe, took about 4-5 min. for the cake part in the micro). I did it with raspberry instead of cherry. Be sure to get pastry filling, not pie filling, or use the chef's tip. I thought it needed a bit more lemon. Otherwise, excellent. I liked having the smaller size in the RCB so there was less for me to eat.

I made this at a meeting, its alot of back & forth to the microwave. Thought it needed more lemon also....
I don't think I would make it at a show.

I've done it a couple of times at shows. Easy and people are amazed such a yummy cake comes out of the micro. I advise pre-measure a lot of the ingreds. They ate ALL of it both times. Its really yummy with ice cream!

Sandi

I made it for our new season recipe night. I didn't think it made a food demo recipe...too many steps. It did taste good though.

I have made it at a couple of parties. The first, the host made it and it was very "lemony" so I do not know how much zest she put in it.

Personnally, I thought it was not a bad demo. It reminds me of making the Autumn Cherry Apple Crisp in someways. People have really liked it and I highly recommend serving it with ice cream. Seems to just complete it.

Related to Delicious Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake - Try it Yourself!

What ingredients are needed to make Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake?

To make Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake, you will need:

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries, pitted and halved
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted

Can this cake be made with gluten-free flour?

Yes, this recipe can be made with gluten-free flour. Simply substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend of your choice.

How should the cherries be prepared for this cake?

The cherries should be pitted and halved before being added to the cake batter. If using frozen cherries, be sure to thaw them first and drain any excess liquid before adding them to the batter.

How long should this cake be baked for?

The cake should be baked for approximately 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Can this cake be made ahead of time?

Yes, this cake can be made ahead of time. Simply store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for longer storage. To serve, let it come to room temperature before enjoying.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
amy07
  • cmdtrgd
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies