• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Chicken Gruyere En Croute: Perfect for a Show or Any Occasion

In summary, a person is sharing their experience with making a recipe for a show and asks for advice on how to improve it. Others respond with their own experiences and tips, such as using canned chicken and puff pastry for easier assembly, cutting back on red peppers, and using butter instead of oil for brushing the dough. Some people have found the recipe to be time-consuming and not worth making again, while others enjoyed it.
AMTC
Gold Member
Okay, I'm making this at a show on Thursday and did the dry run last night - I thought there were too many red peppers so I'll probably cut back a little on them and I'm thinking instead of cubing the chicken with the Santoku knife I'd chop it finer with the Chopper?

Has anybody else done this recipe and made any changes?

Thanks.

Hey Annie!!!:D :D So nice to see you on here again!!!;)

I have not made them but Tiffany has so I'll ask her for tips for you!!;)

AMTC said:
Okay, I'm making this at a show on Thursday and did the dry run last night - I thought there were too many red peppers so I'll probably cut back a little on them and I'm thinking instead of cubing the chicken with the Santoku knife I'd chop it finer with the Chopper?

Has anybody else done this recipe and made any changes?

Thanks.
I have made them However I used the canned chicken and really chopped it fine. I also made them into appetizers! the triangle shaped ones. they came out great but took a long time to prepare.

I made them once. They are alot of work and we thought the recipe was just so-so.....not great, not bad, and a lot of work! the dijon sauce needs a little something to kick it up a notch too. All in all, the recipe was alright, I probably wouldn't make it again because it was so time-consuming, but I would eat it if someone served it to me. Guess that's not much help.

I made these at a show this week and made sure I recruited someone from the audience to help with assembly. They definately take some time. I also cut back on the red peppers and did most of the cutting and chopping ahead of time (that's what I do on all my shows and it really cuts down on the total time). The phyllo dough can be very frustrating to deal with but it turns out looking great even if there are tears when wrapping. Just make sure to let your assistant know that if you have one.

Annie,
Just answered your PM with a PM - but wanted to also say that if you do use the Puff Pastry - they go together much easier, and actually taste better too - and yes - chop the chicken up finely - especially if you are making an appetizer size!

I made these once... couldn't wait! They looked and sounded so yummy...
I sprayed the dough with Olive oil in my spritzer... Didn't taste right... What do you all spray it with? It tasted old or something...but my Olive oil definitley isn't old...i use it all the time!
Is Olive oil not supposed to be cooked? I wondered if I was supposed to use veg. oil, or pam or something???

Another one of those recipes our family didn't care for.

ChefNic said:
I sprayed the dough with Olive oil in my spritzer... Didn't taste right... What do you all spray it with? It tasted old or something...but my Olive oil definitley isn't old...i use it all the time!
Is Olive oil not supposed to be cooked? I wondered if I was supposed to use veg. oil, or pam or something???

I've noticed this sometimes when I use Extra Virgin olive oil. It has a lot more flavor to it, and that sometimes interferes with a recipe. Try using Light olive oil (no flavor) or another vegetable oil if all you're looking for is the properties of the oil.

ChefNic said:
I made these once... couldn't wait! They looked and sounded so yummy...
Dont use oil or Pam.....I use good old fasioned butter and the basting brush this makes a mess but the flavor is wonderful.

What is Chicken Gruyere En Croute?

Chicken Gruyere En Croute is a delicious dish made with tender chicken, creamy Gruyere cheese, and flaky puff pastry. It is usually served as a main course and is perfect for special occasions or dinner parties.

What ingredients do I need to make Chicken Gruyere En Croute?

The ingredients for Chicken Gruyere En Croute include chicken breasts, Gruyere cheese, puff pastry, Dijon mustard, herbs and spices, and an egg for brushing. You can also add in your favorite vegetables or herbs to customize the dish to your liking.

How do I assemble Chicken Gruyere En Croute?

To assemble Chicken Gruyere En Croute, start by flattening the chicken breasts and seasoning them. Then spread Dijon mustard on top and add a layer of Gruyere cheese. Roll up the chicken and wrap it in puff pastry, sealing the edges. Brush with an egg wash and bake until golden brown.

Can I make Chicken Gruyere En Croute ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Chicken Gruyere En Croute ahead of time. You can prepare the chicken and wrap it in puff pastry, then refrigerate it until ready to bake. You can also freeze the assembled dish and bake it at a later time. Just make sure to thaw it before baking.

What can I serve with Chicken Gruyere En Croute?

Chicken Gruyere En Croute pairs well with a variety of side dishes such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad. It is also delicious with a side of rice or quinoa. You can also serve it with a creamy sauce or gravy for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • JackieB999
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
chefann