• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Baby Shower Catering Ideas on a Budget: Appetizers for 15-20 Guests

In summary, here are some ideas for appetizer recipes that would be perfect for a baby shower: a veggie and dip platter, a fruit and cheese platter, mini quiches, caprese skewers, chicken salad croissants, stuffed mushrooms, shrimp cocktail, and mini meatballs. With a budget of $75, you should be able to make a variety of these appetizers to feed 15-20 people.
lmklipfel
I need some help coming up with some recipes for a baby shower. The host wants a variety of things. It is around lunch and she wants it kinds appetizers that can be a meal. Some challenges will be no oven, so I don't know if I should bring hot things or not. It is for 15-20 people and I have a budget of $75. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Will there be a microwave? The hot dips would be great.The Clubhouse Chicken Squares go over really well and are served coldish and feel like you are really eating something.If people are eating soon after you make it though, you can bake a dip in a stone, keep it in an insulated tote and it'll stay hot for a couple hours.I guess the key is whether you can make stuff beforehand. The Avocado Salsa was really good from last season's SB! That's all cold. The Moraccan Chicken Pita Wedges could be done with canned Chicken. If you can plug in a crockpot, you could do something that way.

Here are a few ideas for appetizer recipes that would be perfect for a baby shower:1. Veggie and Dip Platter - This is a simple and budget-friendly option that doesn't require any cooking. You can arrange a variety of fresh vegetables (such as carrots, celery, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber) on a platter with a side of ranch or hummus for dipping.2. Fruit and Cheese Platter - Another no-cook option, you can arrange a variety of fresh fruits (such as grapes, berries, melon, and pineapple) on a platter with a selection of cheeses (such as cheddar, brie, and goat cheese).3. Mini Quiches - These can be made ahead of time and served at room temperature, so no oven is needed. You can use a pre-made pie crust and fill it with a mixture of beaten eggs, milk, cheese, and your choice of veggies or meats. Bake in a muffin tin for individual servings.4. Caprese Skewers - These are a crowd-pleasing appetizer that requires no cooking. Simply thread cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and basil leaves onto skewers and drizzle with a balsamic glaze.5. Chicken Salad Croissants - You can make a delicious chicken salad using canned chicken, mayo, diced celery, and dried cranberries. Serve it on mini croissants for a cute and tasty sandwich option.6. Stuffed Mushrooms - You can stuff large button mushrooms with a mixture of cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and herbs. Bake in a toaster oven or on a grill for a warm and savory appetizer.7. Shrimp Cocktail - This classic appetizer is always a hit. Simply arrange cooked shrimp on a platter with a side of cocktail sauce for dipping.8. Mini Meatballs - You can make these ahead of time and serve them at room temperature. Use a combination of ground beef and pork, and season with garlic, onion, and your choice of herbs. Serve with toothpicks for easy eating.With a budget of $75, you should be able to make a variety of these appetizers to feed 15-20 people. You can also ask other guests to bring a dish to share to help keep costs down. Good luck with the baby shower!

1. What are some budget-friendly appetizer options for a baby shower?

Some budget-friendly appetizer options for a baby shower include fruit skewers, veggie platters with dip, mini quiches, bruschetta, and finger sandwiches.

2. How much food should I plan on serving for 15-20 guests?

A general rule of thumb is to plan on serving 3-4 appetizers per person for a 2-3 hour event. For 15-20 guests, you should plan on making 45-80 appetizers depending on their size and variety.

3. Can I make the appetizers ahead of time?

Yes, many baby shower appetizers can be made ahead of time. For example, fruit skewers and veggie platters can be prepared the day before and stored in the fridge. Mini quiches and finger sandwiches can also be made ahead of time and reheated before serving.

4. Are there any gluten-free options for appetizers?

Yes, there are plenty of gluten-free appetizer options, such as gluten-free crackers with cheese and fruit, hummus with veggies, stuffed mushrooms, and deviled eggs. Be sure to check the ingredients of any store-bought items to ensure they are gluten-free.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make these appetizers?

Absolutely! Many of our products, such as the veggie spiralizer and the crinkle cutter, can help you create beautiful and delicious appetizers for your baby shower. Plus, our high-quality cookware and kitchen tools will make the preparation process a breeze.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
Replies
Views
Staci
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips