• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Decorating Stainless Bowls Like a Cake

In summary, the key to creating a beautiful "cake" design on a stainless steel bowl is to use a piping bag and decorating tips. You can use regular cake decorating tools on a stainless steel bowl, but make sure they are food-safe. It is best to decorate a room temperature bowl and prevent the frosting from sliding off by cleaning and drying the bowl thoroughly. You can also use food coloring, specifically gel food coloring, to add color to your design.
Christa
I didn't actually see the pics, so I am not sure what all was done to make the stainless bowl set look like a wedding cake. I have a decorating turntable I am putting them on, and I have flowers and tulle. Anyone have the actual pics of how it was done? Thanks.

Stainless Bowls CakeI haven't seen it done, but I can picture how it could be done.

Stack bowls with lids on - biggest bowl on bottom and smallest on top.

Create a large bow with ribbon to place on top. Drape ribbons down from top to bottom (probably 3-4 thick ribbons). There should be room on the lids of the largest and second largest bowls for arranging flowers. You could add splashes of tooling here and there for added effect.

Does that help?

bridal pictureI checked out the above link.....nothing came up......no picture. Can you resend that? I have a consultant doing a Retail Fair this month and I'd like to show her the picture. THANKS!

1. How do I create the perfect "cake" design on my stainless steel bowl?

The key to creating a beautiful "cake" design on a stainless steel bowl is to use a piping bag and decorating tips. Fill the piping bag with frosting and use different tips to create various designs, such as swirls, rosettes, or stars. You can also use a toothpick or knife to create more intricate designs.

2. Can I use regular cake decorating tools on a stainless steel bowl?

Yes, you can use regular cake decorating tools on a stainless steel bowl. However, it is important to make sure the tools are food-safe and will not scratch the surface of the bowl. We recommend using silicone or plastic tools instead of metal ones.

3. Can I decorate a hot or cold stainless steel bowl?

We recommend decorating a room temperature stainless steel bowl. If the bowl is too hot or too cold, the frosting may not stick or spread evenly. You can place the bowl in the fridge for a few minutes to cool down before decorating.

4. How do I prevent the frosting from sliding off the stainless steel bowl?

To prevent the frosting from sliding off, make sure to clean and dry the bowl thoroughly before decorating. You can also add a thin layer of frosting as a base before adding more intricate designs. This will help the frosting stick to the bowl better.

5. Can I use food coloring to decorate a stainless steel bowl?

Yes, you can use food coloring to decorate a stainless steel bowl. However, we recommend using gel food coloring instead of liquid food coloring. Gel food coloring is more concentrated, so you will need less of it to achieve vibrant colors. You can also mix different colors to create custom shades for your design.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayPT
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ntpieper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
RachelNguyen
  • mturock