• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Icing Bottles: An Easy Way to Fill Them Up!

In summary, the host of a show wants the guest to show how to get the icing into the bottles. Several people have issues with how to fill the decorator bottles with thicker consistency, including difficulty with the funnels. One person suggests using a baggie and the microwave before the guests arrive. Another suggests using the small spreader. The host likes the idea of using
PamperedChef
Silver Member
I have a show on Saturday and the host wants me to show how to get the icing into the bottles. Does anyone have an easy way of doing this?

I have put in a baggy and squeezed it in that way. But i was at home not at a show. Don't know if that will work for your show or not.

I have melted chocolate and used the flexible funnel to fill the decorator bottles. The easiest way to fill the bottles with thicker consistancy like frosting is to use a sandwich bag.

If you use the baggie idea I would do it before the guests arrive to save on time later.

I used a butter knife it was really easy and fast

I use the small spreader & it works fine.

frustrated by these bottles!!i love the idea of these bottles and using them once they are filled - but filling them up is not easy!!!! you can't use funnels for frosting - too think and having to use a knife to 'spoon' it in is not very convenient or fast. and then washing is sometimes a pain too - although the brush definitely helps!! when i use colored frosting it stains the bottles!!! anyone else have these issues??!!!

If you use a baggie, I suggest a freezer bag. I hate it when I'm squeezing the frosting and the baggie busts open! Crud! I like making brownie bites and then letting everyone use the bottles and EAD to fill them!

I use the small spreader. They are not the easiest to fill up but I like that you can do multiple colors and have multiple kids working at the same time. I usually frost a cake with the spreader and then just do fun stuff with the bottles. My daughter (5) can use the bottles and loves making different colors. Nothing fancy by any means.

I think the small spreader is pretty easy. You just need to be careful not to try to push a full bottle's-worth of whatever into the bottle at once.

Someone on here one time mentioned using the Easy Accect Decorator... which works great... and shows another product ... and gets more stuff dirty... thank you God for DISHWASHERS! :)

That's the problem I have with using the EAD to fill the decorator bottles at a show. It looks like a lot of extra dishes.

speedychef said:
I like making brownie bites and then letting everyone use the bottles and EAD to fill them!

Do you make these with the Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan? How much does one box (around 18-19 oz) make? Great idea!

raebates said:
That's the problem I have with using the EAD to fill the decorator bottles at a show. It looks like a lot of extra dishes.

It's just too much work for me! I do not like to mess up one thing to fill another when I could just use the first thing to begin with. I am not impressed at all with the bottles! I thought I was going to love them.

I used mine the other day for the first time and I am little let down with them. They where apin the fill and the cap kept coming off.

jcwarr said:
i love the idea of these bottles and using them once they are filled - but filling them up is not easy!!!! you can't use funnels for frosting - too think and having to use a knife to 'spoon' it in is not very convenient or fast. and then washing is sometimes a pain too - although the brush definitely helps!! when i use colored frosting it stains the bottles!!! anyone else have these issues??!!!
You can use the funnels with frosting if you zap it (the frosting) in the microwave first (about 14 seconds) then let it cool before decorating your dessert.

I DO like to use multiple products to do thing in my shows but I tell them "Honestly, when I am at home I don't use every tool that I am here for this recipe. I just want you to see multiple uses for things you are thinking of getting or have already. It's all about tips and ideas to make it easier in your kitchen!"

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas ladies.

1. How do I use the icing bottle?

To use the icing bottle, first remove the cap and fill the bottle with your desired icing or frosting. Then, replace the cap and twist it onto the bottle tightly. Finally, squeeze the bottle to dispense the icing onto your baked goods.

2. What types of icing can I use with the bottle?

The icing bottle is designed to work with a variety of icings, including buttercream, royal icing, and glazes. However, we do not recommend using thick or chunky icings as they may clog the bottle.

3. How do I clean the icing bottle?

To clean the icing bottle, first disassemble it by removing the cap, tip, and collar. Wash all parts with warm, soapy water and a brush. Rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry before reassembling.

4. Can I use the icing bottle for other types of liquids?

No, the icing bottle is specifically designed for dispensing icing and is not suitable for use with other types of liquids such as oils or sauces.

5. Is the icing bottle dishwasher safe?

Yes, all parts of the icing bottle are top-rack dishwasher safe. However, we recommend handwashing for best results and to prolong the life of the bottle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sjoneschef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • reneeg18
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Patrick O'Sullivan