• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What should I do when a credit card is declined for an online party order?

In summary, the hostess was very defensive and was not willing to help the guest. The guest was trying to get the money she was owed, but the hostess was not willing to help. The guest decided to cancel the order.
chefmomto3
Ok I'm not sure where to post this but I really need some help. I had a party on the 30th of May and closed it out this past Monday (yeah I know a long time) anyway one of the cards came back declined. I left 2 msgs for the guest and she finally called me back today. She was very defensive that she thought the money came out the same day and since she had the money in her acct she used it to pay bills. I apologized and told her that the money doesn't come out until the party is closed when the host is ready. She said she gets paid on Friday and I could resubmit it then, I told her that I needed to close the party out but if she wanted she could mail me a check. Again she was very rude saying I could either hold until Friday or cancel her order.
I told her I would call host and ask her if she wants to hold the party.

Part of me just wants to cancel her order so the show can be submitted but I'm not sure if that is really the right thing to do. It's a small order and won't affect the hostess sales by much.

Please tell me what should I do?

Misty

I'm having a lot of problems, too, but at least you got a response. I have a large $128 order holding up a show that is old, too and I can't get her to answer, return a call or e-mail - plus, she booked a show with me in July! Ugh! If people could just be honest this job would be easier...if she no longer has the money she should be apologetic and aware that she is delaying everyone else. Since its small, I would go with the host with her decision.

I would definately contact the host. You don't want to cause a rift with them by just cancelling her order without notifying the host. Leave it up to her...

This is why I tell every guest who pays with a debit or credit card at check out that their card is not processed until we turn the show in and that is usually in about a week. That way they know not to spend the money.DO NOT involve your host in this. This matter is between you and the guest. If she wants you to cancel her order, then cancel it. Honestly waiting til Friday isn't going to effect much. You did tell everyone that there is a 2 week shipping time from the time the order was placed, right?

I'm having the same problem right now. I have a $93 order holding up a $1000 show. The lady won't answer my calls, return my calls or respond to my emails.

Even so....what sort of financially irresponsible person just looks at the balance in their account at THAT MOMENT and assumes the money is all there to use? I'd bet she bounces checks fairly often if that is her method of record keeping. That's about as smart as assuming if you need money, just go to the ATM machine and Get some! (my 5 yr old says that)

Friday is tomorrow - one day won't hurt. If it bounces this time then cancel it if it won't affect the host benefits.

ETA.....oops - I just looked at my calendar and realized that it's Wednesday not Thursday! I would cancel the order and move on.

Last edited:
I'd make sure to have them run it first thing though - assuming she's direct deposit, otherwise, she just might 'assume' you've already run it and has all that money to spend. :D Sorry- just fractures me the IQ level on that one. *hehe*

I know I can't believe people aren't a little more financially responsible!
Friday is 2 days away and my hostess is going out of town next week I would really like for her to get her stuff before she leaves so it doesn't sit on her porch.
She had mentioned she wanted to hold a party at the original party and I had tried to get a date from her but know I'm thinking unless she calls me I'm not going to ask her again I can only imagine how that would work out!

I had and $86 order declined once and the guest promised me for two days she was bringing the money, cash. She never showed so I called HO and asked what my options were. I could cancel the order but the host would lose some of her free amount and her half price item, or I could cover the order myself and then return the items so my host wouldn't lose out. I chose to cover it and kept the items I wanted and returned the rest. That is when I found out that you can't return pantry items! I did have the show shipped to me though, I didn't want to risk the bad customer getting the goods! To this day she has never called me. She had also stiffed me $10 on the party I first met her at. I will never accept an order from her again or do a show with her. These things are hard to deal with but keeping your HOST happy is a good idea. Chances are she knows how her friend is. I would let her know the status of the show, she needs to know that especially if she goes out of town, she might want a neighbor to watch for the boxes! I told my host enough info so she would know why it was taking longer to get her stuff, but I did my best not to say anything mean or ugly about the guest. HTH!

I had two credit cards declined and both were due to the wrong number being used. I blame my Host because she held the show open 6 weeks (and still got less than $400 in orders). One was her mother's and one her sister's. The Host had entered the wrong expiration date for her mother's card. I finally reached the sister by phone (she was in AK and I was in TN) and it turned out her bank account got hacked so the bank reissued her debit card and the number was different. She has almost forgotten the order because she placed it the first week the Show was open!Sorry you have a real jerk though! I love her logic that since the money was in there, she could use it!One thing I do when I get a credit card order on my website for a show, I send the person a thank you email and say, "Your credit card will be charged when the show is closed. Right now the date is scheduled to be xxx. I will let you know when the Show is submitted."

What does it mean when my credit card gets declined?

When your credit card is declined, it means that the transaction you are trying to make has been rejected by your credit card issuer. This could be due to various reasons such as insufficient funds, incorrect information, suspicious activity, or exceeded credit limit.

Why did my credit card get declined?

There could be several reasons for a credit card to get declined. It could be due to insufficient funds, incorrect card details, suspected fraud, or a hold placed by the card issuer. It is best to contact your credit card company to find out the specific reason for the decline.

Can I still use my credit card after it has been declined?

In most cases, your credit card will be temporarily blocked after it has been declined. You can try using it again after a few minutes. If it continues to get declined, it is best to contact your credit card company to resolve the issue.

What should I do if my credit card gets declined while traveling?

If your credit card gets declined while traveling, it could be due to your bank's security measures to prevent fraud. It is best to inform your credit card company about your travel plans beforehand, so they are aware of your location and can prevent any unnecessary declines.

How can I avoid my credit card from getting declined in the future?

To avoid your credit card from getting declined in the future, make sure you have sufficient funds in your account, enter the correct card details, and inform your credit card company before traveling. It is also important to regularly check your credit card statement for any suspicious activity or unauthorized charges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Symara
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Symara
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • flemings99