• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Dealing with Loss on My Team: Coping in the Midst of Tragedy

In summary, Jenni and Janice's team members have experienced multiple losses in the past two weeks. One woman was killed by a bee, another was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and another had a stroke.
I feel like I am in the twlight zone. I had a consultant on my team pass on last month. Then in the past 2 weeks I have had 2 consultants who have lost their husbands! Both were young, less than 30 years old. One was stung by a bee and died a few days later and the other I don't know what happened yet as he just passed today. Just feel so badly for these women and families.

Oh, Jenni. I am so sorry for your losses. Keeping everyone in my prayers.

Oh, wow! I'm so sorry girl!!! Big (((hugs))) to your team members!!!I've found that the "threes" rules is true. Births & deaths do seem to come in threes. Hopefully you guys are DONE and won't see any more deaths on your team!

{{{{hugs}}}} so sad for your team

Oh my gosh -- so sorry!!What is in the air these days? I have a consultant on my team who was ready to promote -- but one of her recruit's husband was just diagnosed with 2 brain tumors and another girl who was supposed to sign with her just had a brain aneurysm (she is barely 30!) she is in a rehab hospital recovering (stroke symptoms). So sad.

wow Janice! Sorry. Seems like freak things... i have never known this many people who have passed away in my whole life and now all at once this happens.

SO sorry Jenni. Really brings home the fact that we are not promised tomorrow doesn't it? I'll be praying for all of you!

Goodness, I am so sorry for your team members Jenni and Janice. I certainly had my lesson in appreciating each day after what happened to my ex husband recently. I feel so bad for them because their lives feel upside down. We really learn that we have not much control over what happens in life.

And to add to our household, my boyfriend's father passed away yesterday, but he was 91 and led a good life. It is so hard to understand when someone young passes away or is suddenly diagnosed with such serious illnesses like your team members.

Many prayers for them and their families.

Related to Dealing with Loss on My Team: Coping in the Midst of Tragedy

1. Why am I experiencing so much loss on my team?

There can be a variety of reasons for experiencing loss on your team. This may include lack of motivation, poor communication, low team morale, or even external factors such as economic downturns. It is important to identify the root cause of the loss and address it proactively.

2. How can I motivate my team to reduce loss?

Motivating your team can be achieved through various methods such as setting clear goals, recognizing and rewarding their efforts, providing training and development opportunities, and fostering a positive work culture. Effective communication and regular check-ins can also help keep your team motivated and engaged.

3. What steps can I take to improve communication and reduce loss on my team?

Effective communication is crucial in reducing loss on your team. Regular team meetings, one-on-one check-ins, and providing a platform for open and honest communication can help improve overall team dynamics. Encouraging feedback and actively listening to your team's concerns can also foster better communication.

4. How do I handle team conflicts that may contribute to loss?

Conflicts are bound to arise in any team, but it is important to address them promptly and professionally. Encourage open communication and actively listen to both parties involved. Mediating a discussion and finding common ground can help resolve conflicts and improve team dynamics.

5. Are there any resources or tools that can help me reduce loss on my team?

Yes, there are various resources and tools available to help you reduce loss on your team. These may include training and development programs, productivity tools, team building activities, and consulting services. It is important to assess your team's specific needs and determine which resources will be most beneficial.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • sassypip