• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Broken Skillet Lid During an Emergency: What to Do?

In summary, the hostess dropped her 12" SS skillet lid and it broke. HO is saying she must purchase another SS skillet for $200 just to get the lid. The only difference I see from the photo is the handle is black instead of stainless. The lid is also a lifetime guarantee.
roxylady
During my show Thurs. my 5yr DS was taken to the ER and had to be admitted because he could not breathe. In the rush of leaving the hostess' house, I dropped my 12"SS skillet lid and it broke. HO is saying I must purchase another SS skillet for $200 just to get the lid!!!!!!! Any suggestions?? I am supposed to use the skillet at 3 more shows this next week.

will the lid for the executive 12" skillet fit it? That's only $35 instead of another $200. the only difference I see from the photo is the handle is black instead of stainless.

Isn't the lid also a lifetime guarantee? Or is that void because you dropped it?

I would call back and ask to speak to a supervisor......that is crazy, and I have had items replaced with no questions asked......I think you got one of the temp workers who has no idea what they are talking about!

I think I will call back on Monday, it is CRAZY to pay another $200. I am going to try the Exec. lid, my friend has one, if it doesn't work, I will play it off as if I forgot the lid, I guess. I am NOT going to pay $200 for a lid. As far as the warranty goes, I don't know. I was honest when I told the lady what happened and she said because it was a new item there was not a replacement part as of yet and I would have to purchase the entire item again.

Good news though, my son is better and was discharged from the hospital.

roxylady said:
Good news though, my son is better and was discharged from the hospital.

Glad your son is better!

and regarding the pan - it has a lifetime warranty.....and even if the lid doesn't, it's only been out for a couple months....so it would still be under warranty, and should be replaced for free!

Thanks, also wanted to thank you all for your advice and for just plain listening to me vent. I think with all that has happened these past 4 days I needed to vent as well. Thank you again. You all are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Related to Dealing with a Broken Skillet Lid During an Emergency: What to Do?

1. How do I safely remove a broken skillet lid during an emergency?

The first step is to make sure you are wearing protective gloves to avoid any cuts or burns. Then, carefully lift the broken lid off of the skillet and place it in a safe location away from any potential hazards.

2. Can I still use the skillet without the lid?

Yes, you can still use the skillet without the lid. However, you may need to adjust the cooking time and temperature as the lid helps to trap heat and moisture, which can affect the cooking process.

3. What if the broken lid has sharp edges?

If the broken lid has sharp edges, do not attempt to use it. Instead, wrap the edges with a cloth or tape to prevent any injuries. It is best to dispose of the broken lid and replace it with a new one.

4. How do I clean up any broken glass from the skillet lid?

To clean up any broken glass, use a broom or vacuum to carefully remove the larger pieces. Then, use a damp paper towel or cloth to wipe down the skillet and remove any smaller pieces. Make sure to dispose of any broken glass properly.

5. Can I still use the skillet lid if it has a small crack?

No, it is not safe to use a skillet lid with a crack, no matter how small it may seem. The crack can worsen during cooking and potentially shatter, causing harm. It is best to dispose of the cracked lid and replace it with a new one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
chefann
Back