• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Complaint About Food Chopper

In summary, a consultant had a customer call to express their dissatisfaction with the food chopper, citing that the pad is not cushiony enough. The consultant believes it may be the same product they received in their starter kit and has had no issues with it. The consultant asked for the product number to investigate further. They also asked for additional information on the product from other sources. The consultant offered the option to return the items, but the customer may have to pay for shipping. The consultant also clarified the 30-day return policy and noted a 1-year satisfaction guarantee. Another consultant shared a similar experience where a customer did not know how to properly use the chopper. Some consultants suggested using a cutting board instead of the bottom cover. One
Happy Mom
I had a customer call to tell me she does not like the food chopper. I demoed it at her show, and I sold 14 of them. She purchased 3 and her Mom purchased 2. She complained that the and pad is not cushiony enough. I am assuming that it is the same one (2585) that I got in my starter kit this summer. Mine has the gray pad on top. I have had no problem with the chopper.

I asked her to send me the number printer on the box of the chopper.

Does anyone have any other information on this product other than what is stated on our consultant's website under product information?

I told her if she is still unhappy that she can return the items to PC, but she may have to pay shipping on the return. How does the office count the 30 day return policy? Is it from the date of delivery or the show date?

Thanks

returnsHi, It is my understanding that the customer has to call the HO number on back of receipt and it is within 30 days of the show shipping. Hope that this helps.

Thanks, I already gave her that information, too.

RememberRemember that there is a 1 year satisfaction guarantee on everything! So even if it has been past her 30 days she can get a refund with paying to ship the item back!

Why isn't she just using her cutting board to chop on? I have to be honest, I never use the bottom cover, I always use my cutting board. Its a great cross sell item too with the chopper since it won't dull the choppers blades.

I have to tell you all what happened to me. I had sold a food chopper and the customer came back the next day and said she didn't like it, it didn't work. I asked her why it didn't work, well to make a short story she was taking off the clear cylinder and trying to chop without it! this happened a while back again. After I explained they needed to keep it all together, they both have came back and LOVE it now. I have customers for life!!! Some times we have to remind our customers to read their use and care instructions and maybe sometimes if they actually watched our demos they would see how this stuff works. :cool:

pamperedkay said:
Why isn't she just using her cutting board to chop on? I have to be honest, I never use the bottom cover, I always use my cutting board. Its a great cross sell item too with the chopper since it won't dull the choppers blades.

I think the original poster meant that the top plunger bit pad isn't cushiony enough...so her hand gets sore?

I can't see why ANYONE wouldn't love the food chopper. It lives right on my kitchen counter!

Thats funny ,Kay, because I had a lady at one of my shows ask me why I wasn't taking the clear cylinder off. She always took hers off to chop food. She still loved her chopper though. I guess it never bothered her. Happy mom, maybe you can watch how she uses it. Maybe she's using it wrong. Its just very odd because most people love the chopper.

How can you use the chopper without the clear cylinder attached? That's what holds the blades up in the air, so they can come down and chop the food... Hmm.. Makes my brain twist up!

pchefinski said:
How can you use the chopper without the clear cylinder attached? That's what holds the blades up in the air, so they can come down and chop the food... Hmm.. Makes my brain twist up!

Hey I was wondering the same thing. Does she just hold it in her hand and beat her food with it or what? :(

My host was complaining that the top was not soft enough. She has the old chopper, too, which was hard on the palm of your hand. I emailed her the product information from our website, and I asked her to email me. I have not heard from her yet. This family loves the food chopper so I am stymied as to why she doesn't like the new one. I demoed with the new chopper and left it on the board when I was done so the guests could see how it worked.

I don't understand this either. It was a great show, and she was a terrific host. She is not the type of person who is a complainer.

After the holidays, I will give her a call if she doesn't contact me again.

Use a Pototoe on the food chopperI always let my guests know about the ultimate slice & grate and the food chopper pretty much one after the other. I demo the food chopper first letting them know that if they have problems with their hands like carple tunnel (sorry for the spelling) that they can use the food chopper by holding a potato sideways in their hand and use the food chopper so it does not use their hands to do the chopping, then I go into the ultimate slice and grate using the same potatoe to demo it to show them how wonderful and easy it is to use. Hope this makes since to all of you. Trust me, it really works. I always get people nearly falling off their chairs telling me they never knew this about the food chopper and how they have hurt their hands so many times. They all laugh, and the newbies end up buying them. It gets the ladies talking about it at the parties how awsome they think the chopper is and how they really want it now knowing that there is a solution to the hurting hand problem. :)

LuvStoneware said:
...they can use the food chopper by holding a potato sideways in their hand and use the food chopper so it does not use their hands to do the chopping, then I go into the ultimate slice and grate using the same potatoe to demo it to show them how wonderful and easy it is to use. ... It gets the ladies talking about it at the parties how awsome they think the chopper is and how they really want it now knowing that there is a solution to the hurting hand problem. :)

I don't get it.. i've always had to use my hand to make the food chopper work.. lol :D *sigh* i can't wait to get the USG.. i'm constantly finding things I could use it for, and miss it even though I've never used it before.

You hold the potato sideways in your hand and use the potato to pound on the FC. I dont know how else to explain it. you dont use your hand you use the potato while holding on to is. You need to hold the potato firm so it does not fall out of your hand of course.

I liove the food chopper but i did have a host who broke a vein in her hand using her food chopper at the party she was helping me out it bruised her hand pretty good

I think these people who are saying it hurts them are pressing down too hard. It is a good why to take out some agressions :D but you don't need to put all your body weight into it. As for the US&G I do love mine but I use it carefully I have read a few posts on here about injuries and I don't want one :( .

Hi.

I had a customer who had a great tip for this same problem. She uses the rubber cover (that goes on the bottom), holds it on her hand and chops (so the soft cover is between her and the plunger of the chopper).

Hope that is helpful.

1. What should I do if my food chopper breaks during use?

If your food chopper breaks during use, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-555-1212 for assistance. They will be happy to help you with a replacement or refund.

2. How do I clean my food chopper?

To clean your food chopper, simply disassemble it and wash the parts in warm soapy water. Make sure to dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling. Do not put any parts in the dishwasher, as it may damage the blades or other components.

3. Can I use my food chopper for tough or frozen foods?

No, our food chopper is designed for soft and fresh foods only. Using it on tough or frozen foods may damage the blades and affect the performance of the chopper.

4. My food chopper is not chopping evenly, what should I do?

If your food chopper is not chopping evenly, make sure to properly align the blades and push down firmly while chopping. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

5. Can I order replacement parts for my food chopper?

Yes, we offer replacement parts for our food chopper. Please contact our customer service team to request the specific parts you need. Additional charges may apply.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillmami
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookingwithjennifer@gmail
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithjennifer@gmail
  • babywings76