• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Adjustment on Commission Check?

In summary, one consultant is seeking help with an issue involving a customer's order for a discontinued Recipe Binder. The consultant received a $16.50 refund on their commission statement but noticed that the sales tax was not included. They are wondering if they need to issue a refund check to the customer that includes the sales tax. Another consultant suggests reaching out to the HO for clarification and checking with other consultants for advice.
pampchefrhondab
Hi Everyone,

I know you will be able to help me faster then the HO.

I had a customer order the discontinued Recipe Binder; however, the order didn't make it in time to be filled by HO (it was sent that same morning)! The cost was $16.50 plus tax. The HO put an adjustment on my commission statement for $16.50, but I don't see where they included the taxes.

I take it I need to give a refund check to the cusotmer, but I will or course have to include the sales tax she paid. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Rhonda B.

I don't understand why they took 16.50 out of your commission. That is like saying she got it but it wasn't paid for. If they were adjusting your commission it would only have been a percent of the actual cost...20% is our commission rate. So I would think they would take 20% of 16.50...like 3.30. I would definately call and ask what was up.

It was a $16.50 creditThey didn't take $16.50 out of my check, they gave me a $16.50 refund like the show was overpaid for. Now I need to give it to the customer I would guess, but they didn't include the tax she paid.

Anyone have this happen?

Thanks,

Rhonda B

I haven't had that. Give them a call.

Hi Rhonda B.,I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your customer's order for the discontinued Recipe Binder. It can be frustrating when orders don't make it in time for HO to fill them.In regards to the adjustment on your commission statement, it's possible that the HO did not include the sales tax in the adjustment. I would recommend reaching out to the HO to clarify and make sure that the adjustment includes the sales tax.If it does not, you will indeed need to issue a refund check to the customer that includes the sales tax they paid. As for other consultants who may have experienced this issue, I would suggest reaching out to your team or posting in the consultant Facebook group to see if anyone has any advice or has dealt with a similar situation.I hope this helps and that the issue is resolved quickly for you and your customer. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.Best,

What is a customer adjustment on a commission check?

A customer adjustment on a commission check is a change made to the commission amount that was initially earned by an employee based on a sale to a customer. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as a customer returning a product or disputing the sale.

Why would a customer adjustment be made on a commission check?

A customer adjustment may be made on a commission check if there is a change in the original sale amount or if the sale is cancelled or refunded. It can also happen if there was an error in the initial commission calculation.

Who is responsible for making customer adjustments on commission checks?

The person responsible for making customer adjustments on commission checks will vary depending on the company's policies and procedures. It could be a manager, a member of the accounting team, or even the employee themselves.

How are customer adjustments on commission checks calculated?

The calculation for a customer adjustment on a commission check will also depend on the company's policies. In some cases, it may be a percentage of the original commission amount, while in others it may be a fixed dollar amount.

What should I do if I have questions about a customer adjustment on my commission check?

If you have any questions or concerns about a customer adjustment on your commission check, it is best to speak with your supervisor or the person responsible for handling commission adjustments at your company. They will be able to provide you with more information and address any concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies