• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Culinary Chefs & TPampered Chef: Planning for the Next 4-5 Years

In summary, Heather is considering culinary school as an option to work in the restaurant industry. She is unsure if she wants to open her own restaurant or coffee shop, but is inspired by AJPRATT's success.
heat123
Silver Member
How many people are actually working culinary chefs and do TPC?
If so how well does it tie in with TPC for you? Or own a restaurant or cafe of your own?

I need to figure out what to do in the next 4-5 years when both kids are in school and thought about going to culinary school to work at a resturant or even open my own small cafe someplace? There's a small cafe near us that has mediocre food (jammed packed busy though) that I know I can cook better than what they offer (even without going to cooking school) LOL. Just wondering how your cheffing works with TPC, cause I want to keep my PC biz at the same time. TIA!

Last edited:
Heather - Please check out any culinary school you choose carefully and talk to former students. These school can be extremely expensive. I had a recruit prospect that had some problems at her school.

If you just want to open your own, you do not need to go to these schools. Also even if you do, that does not mean you will get a job. I cooked for many years in a diner on the Island where I live & I never went to any school, I was all self taught.:D When the owner was ready to sell, I wanted to buy it, but was overlooked by someone else. After the new owner took over, I worked for 8 more months, but could not take it. She wanted me to write down in a book all my recipes (which I never did);)

BUT if you do decide to take on your own place, REMEMBER....you are married to it!!:eek: It is more hard work than you can imagine! If you have confidence in your cooking then go for it, but think long & hard about the time & effort you will have to put into it! HTH :D

I was wondering that Ginger, if you had to go to school to open your own joint? I have gone back and forth on it vs. a coffee house-donut joint. But My dream has always been to own my own store of anysort, but more so lately it's been coffee or cafe esp. after hearing AJPRATTs working on her dream, it really inspired me!

I've heard it's long and hard hours epecially at first, for food related services but this one really busy cafe by the house is only open 7 or 8-2pm every day, except wed. it's open for dinner too. That's not too bad.

I soo love to cook and my family raves when I do so I know I can do it if I tried and put my mind to it, but it's a HUGE step and committment I know!
I just have to figure it out in the next couple of years!?!

heat123 said:
I was wondering that Ginger, if you had to go to school to open your own joint? I have gone back and forth on it vs. a coffee house-donut joint. But My dream has always been to own my own store of anysort, but more so lately it's been coffee or cafe esp. after hearing AJPRATTs working on her dream, it really inspired me!

I've heard it's long and hard hours epecially at first, for food related services but this one really busy cafe by the house is only open 7 or 8-2pm every day, except wed. it's open for dinner too. That's not too bad.

I soo love to cook and my family raves when I do so I know I can do it if I tried and put my mind to it, but it's a HUGE step and committment I know!
I just have to figure it out in the next couple of years!?!

Hmmmm, do you realize how much work you have to do BEFORE and AFTER opening each day? Prep work is the biggest part of your day....and then clean up. It's not like cleaning up your kitchen at home, there are lots of things that have to be done to meet restaurant health codes.
Not saying that it can't be done - I know there are several Cheffers who also have restaurant businesses.....but if you are planning on being the owner & chef......it's A LOT of hours........

I worked as a personal chef for 4 years - and that was long hours. When I had my son, I realized that I just couldn't put in those kind of hours and spend the time with him that I wanted to spend - that's why I do PC!

Thanks for your input Becky, anyone else in the restaurant biz that would like to share your ideas? I think Shana on here said her and her DH own one?

The Diner was 3 blocks away from me & I would get up at 2:30AM to go start the Scones & Quiches....then throw on a couple of pots of soup. Then the the meats ready for the oven....Pot Roast,Sauerbraten,Turkey,Meat Loafs etc....I would finally get home around 7:00PM.....:yuck:

Heather Hello!!! Call Me!

Thanks for the info Rebecca and encouragement! I pm'ed you just now!

OK I wrote a big a$$ long reply and its gone!! Ill have to redo it after dinner!

Ginger428 said:
The Diner was 3 blocks away from me & I would get up at 2:30AM to go start the Scones & Quiches....then throw on a couple of pots of soup. Then the the meats ready for the oven....Pot Roast,Sauerbraten,Turkey,Meat Loafs etc....I would finally get home around 7:00PM.....:yuck:
What time was the diner opened until? Are you still a chef-cook somewhere else? That's too bad the owner overlooked you:( I am so sorry to hear that. I just looked into an ROP Culinary program, may start takin some classes!?!

heat123 said:
Thanks for the info Rebecca and encouragement! I pm'ed you just now!

Your Welcom :) I just PM'd you back.

PCwithStay-C said:
OK I wrote a big a$$ long reply and its gone!! Ill have to redo it after dinner!
Doh, I totally look forward to your inputs, ofcourse when you have time! Thanks!

Heather, I PM'd you again :)

heat123 said:
What time was the diner opened until? Are you still a chef-cook somewhere else? That's too bad the owner overlooked you:( I am so sorry to hear that. I just looked into an ROP Culinary program, may start takin some classes!?!

They opened at 6AM....I was the only cook in the back, cooked till 9AM, then went on the floor,waited tables till 2PM, then went in the back to get the dinners started. Went home around 7. They close at 9PM.....:cool:

Ginger428 said:
They opened at 6AM....I was the only cook in the back, cooked till 9AM, then went on the floor,waited tables till 2PM, then went in the back to get the dinners started. Went home around 7. They close at 9PM.....:cool:
Wow what a rigorous schedule for you, bet you were relieved when you left that place! What are you doing now?

heat123 said:
Wow what a rigorous schedule for you, bet you were relieved when you left that place! What are you doing now?

LMAO!!!!

I'm A Consultant with The Pampered Chef!!!!:angel:

I'm also a school crossing guard!;) Had to give up the restaurants.........WAY to much stress.....
I also owned & ran a concession on a fishing boat......:D

Ginger428 said:
LMAO!!!!

I'm A Consultant with The Pampered Chef!!!!:angel:

I'm also a school crossing guard!;) Had to give up the restaurants.........WAY to much stress.....
I also owned & ran a concession on a fishing boat......:D
Oh, I remember you had some PC party or event on that boat didn't you last year?

I imagine a diner would be much easier if you were just the owner collecting the $$$ and not the cook-waitress-cook /do everything person!?

Yes.....were going on it tomorrow night (about 12 of us) just to enjoy the trip down to the Statue & back....I NEVER get tired of it!:cool:

PCwithStay-C said:
ohhhh! That pisses me off!!!!:mad: :thumbdown: :mad: :cry: :( :grumpy: :grumpy: !!!! Still waiting for the re-do!;)

You can definately open a restaurant without going to culinary school. My parents have owned a restaurant for 35 years. Like someone mentioned, you are married to it! My parents' is open W-S from 5-10pm....my mom goes up there at about 9am doing prep work & my dad comes in the afternoon & evening to do the cooking. (they do everything home-made from scratch) The best food ever:thumbup: They love it, but it's a ton of work, and if there's a family activity or something, then they have to worry about closing or whatever. (and yes, I get called to work occasionally!)
Good luck if you decide to do it!

Thanks Lacy, it's something to really consider for myself! I think I will take some culinary classes though -before I decide, through ROP so it's free! By the time this would happen my mom would be retired so she would be able to watch the kids for me after school. And if were to be as successful as our neighborhood cafe, I could hire some employees! ;)

Can we change the title of a thread, I want to add restuarant owners & TPC!

1. What is the purpose of the "Culinary Chefs & TPampered Chef" event?

The purpose of the "Culinary Chefs & TPampered Chef" event is to bring together our top consultants and leaders to share ideas, learn about new products and initiatives, and plan for the next 4-5 years.

2. Who is invited to attend the "Culinary Chefs & TPampered Chef" event?

Invitations to the "Culinary Chefs & TPampered Chef" event are extended to our top consultants and leaders based on their performance and commitment to the company.

3. What can attendees expect to gain from the "Culinary Chefs & TPampered Chef" event?

Attendees can expect to gain valuable insights and strategies for growing their business, as well as a chance to network and collaborate with other top performers in the company.

4. Will there be any new product launches or announcements at the "Culinary Chefs & TPampered Chef" event?

Yes, the "Culinary Chefs & TPampered Chef" event is the perfect platform to unveil new products and initiatives for the next 4-5 years. Attendees will have the first opportunity to see and try out these new products.

5. How can I prepare for the "Culinary Chefs & TPampered Chef" event?

To make the most out of the event, we recommend reviewing your business goals and strategies beforehand, as well as familiarizing yourself with our current product line and company initiatives. Additionally, come with an open mind and be ready to collaborate and learn from others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • Lisa Frederick
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies