• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Recipes for Leftover Orzo and Spinach - Try Our Lemon Greek Soup!

In summary, some creative ways to use leftover orzo and spinach include making a cold pasta salad, using them as a filling for stuffed peppers or mushrooms, adding them to a frittata or quiche, and incorporating them into soups. Leftover orzo and spinach can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days and can also be frozen for up to 3 months. They can also be repurposed into a main dish, such as a pasta bake or filling for homemade ravioli.
ChefPaulaB
Okay, we made the Pan Seared Chicken with Lemon sauce (whatever the whole name is) and now I have a ton of the Orzo with Spinach, I have some chicken and some sauce.... what to do with it? My DH said to throw the Orzo/Spinach away, but it seems so wasteful! I'm thinking some kind of soup... Lemon Greeky kind of soup... any suggestions?

ChefPaulaB said:
Okay, we made the Pan Seared Chicken with Lemon sauce (whatever the whole name is) and now I have a ton of the Orzo with Spinach, I have some chicken and some sauce.... what to do with it? My DH said to throw the Orzo/Spinach away, but it seems so wasteful! I'm thinking some kind of soup... Lemon Greeky kind of soup... any suggestions?

There is a really good Greek Lemon Chicken soup recipe in the It's Good For You cookbook - I bet it would be easy to add your leftovers to it!

I would suggest making a chicken and orzo soup with the leftovers! You can use the lemon sauce as a base for the broth and add in the orzo, chicken, and any other veggies or herbs you have on hand. It would definitely have a Greek-inspired flavor with the lemon and spinach. You could also add in some feta cheese for extra flavor. Another idea is to make a creamy lemon orzo and chicken casserole by mixing the orzo, chicken, and lemon sauce together and baking it with some cheese on top. That way, you can use up all the leftovers and have a delicious meal. Don't let your DH convince you to throw away perfectly good food! Happy cooking!

Related to Creative Recipes for Leftover Orzo and Spinach - Try Our Lemon Greek Soup!

1. What are some creative ways to use leftover orzo and spinach?

One idea is to mix them together with some diced tomatoes, feta cheese, and Italian dressing for a refreshing cold pasta salad. Another option is to sauté them with some garlic and olive oil and use as a filling for stuffed peppers or mushrooms. You can also add them to a frittata or quiche for a tasty breakfast or brunch dish.

2. How long can I keep leftover orzo and spinach in the fridge?

If stored properly in an airtight container, leftover orzo and spinach can last in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Just make sure to reheat thoroughly before consuming.

3. Can I freeze leftover orzo and spinach?

Yes, you can freeze leftover orzo and spinach in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw it properly before reheating.

4. Can I use leftover orzo and spinach in a soup?

Absolutely! Leftover orzo and spinach can be added to soups, such as minestrone or vegetable soup, for an extra boost of flavor and nutrients. Just be sure to add them at the end of the cooking process to prevent them from becoming too mushy.

5. Is there a way to repurpose leftover orzo and spinach into a main dish?

Yes, there are many ways to turn leftover orzo and spinach into a satisfying main dish. One option is to mix them with some cooked chicken or shrimp, diced bell peppers, and a creamy sauce for a delicious pasta bake. You can also use them as a filling for homemade ravioli or tortellini. Get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • DebPC