• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Personalized Pampered Chef Apparel: Guidelines and Recommendations

In summary, The Pampered Chef does not encourage Consultants to create their own apparel using the logo, but they do allow Consultant's to use the logo in advertising. If a friend or family member lets you use their machine, that should work. However, if you want the actual logo, you'll need that processed to tell the machine how to embroider it.
speedychef
I emailed HO about using their logo to embroider our own stuff, just for me, not for sale or other consutants. Apparently it's not against policy, but they don't want us doing it, either! Thought I'd let you know, Ann!

Dear Kim,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. It is not against policy for
Consultant's to create their own apparel if they have the capability to so.
However, we don't encourage Consultants to create their own apparel using the
Pampered Chef logo. We do allow Consultant's to use the logo in advertising,
however, it is primarily meant to be used for print advertising in newspapers,
magazines, flyers, and other print materials.

We recommend that all Consultant's get their Pampered Chef apparel from VIP.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Thanks, Kim.

That's pretty much what I figured.

Oh, that's good to know though - since VIP never has my size and is going out of the PC business anyway, and I don't want to wait until conference to get something.I can also give some business to the shop here in town. :D

jenniferp417 said:
I can also give some business to the shop here in town. :D

Actually, you can't. You cannot give our logo to another business to create something for you. But if you had a machine at home and could create it yourself, you could use it.

Oh. Well crap then. :(Thanks for saving me. :)

But if a good friend or family member lets you use their machine, that should work ?? Right??

As I don't have one myself, but a friend has one.

LIsa

Lisa - from what the others have said, yes - you're doing it yourself as opposed to paying to have it done - you're just borrowing the equipment to do it.

The issue is having the logo digitized for the machine to use. Any home embroidery machine can do letters, like for a name, etc. But if you want the actual logo with the hat as it is printed on our materials, then you'll need that processed to tell the machine how to embroider it.

I've got a machine, but no software to do the digitizing. And while there are companies out there that will digitize a logo or picture that you send them, it's not cheap and the reputable ones won't (or shouldn't) do copyrighted logos, like PC. (And that would, at least in my opinion, violate the rules anyway.)

However, if you don't care that it's the actual logo, you can have a shop (or a friend with a machine) put the words "The Pampered Chef®" and a chef's hat onto your item.

Thanks, Ann. :)

I would just like a cute shirt that says something like I Heart Pampered Chef in a color or style I prefer. I prefer embridery over screen printing because it last longer

Hard to buy from VIP when they are going bye bye None of the stuff I sort of like is in my size. I got a cute HWC shirt not long after I started the biz bt the material is a little thin - Shows every little bulge.

chefann said:
The issue is having the logo digitized for the machine to use. Any home embroidery machine can do letters, like for a name, etc. But if you want the actual logo with the hat as it is printed on our materials, then you'll need that processed to tell the machine how to embroider it.

I've got a machine, but no software to do the digitizing. And while there are companies out there that will digitize a logo or picture that you send them, it's not cheap and the reputable ones won't (or shouldn't) do copyrighted logos, like PC. (And that would, at least in my opinion, violate the rules anyway.)

However, if you don't care that it's the actual logo, you can have a shop (or a friend with a machine) put the words "The Pampered Chef®" and a chef's hat onto your item.

What kind of a digital format do you need? Is it something that I could "trace" in Adobe Illustrator?

Nope. It's special software that takes a graphic file and creates instructions for the embroidery machine. The instructions include stitch type, length and direction, among other things. It takes specialized software.

But thanks for offering!

Hmm....yeah, no idea! haha

I'll have to swing by my mom's this weekend...she has some digitizing software. I digitized something once, kind of by accident, but it worked okay. It was something kind of colorful, so maybe with just a one-color logo it won't be so bad? I'll have to see....

Kim- If you do happen to get a decent one, please let me know. :) I'd love to use the logo for some little things as gifts for my team.

Hmm, so if we wanted to "create" our own HWC apron (since I didn't earn one) I can make my own apron that says Help Whip Cancer on it?

I think you can. :)

SWEET, I bought a Pink apron last year online somewhere specifically for HWC month and on the front pocket it says "cook for the cure", I will now add Help whip cancer underneath! Yipeee!

Digitizing, Embroidering sewing machines...
chefann said:

My mom has this and I know she could whip up some nice things for me but I"m so afraid I'd get into trouble with my Director and PC :(

I grew up in a family business, we had 5.5 acres of Greenhouse tomatoes, and had our baskets specially made for us. We had a statement on there that stated no other produce especially tomatoes could be kept in our baskets, as it could/would give us a bad name. Of course many used our baskets for all types of things even storing garden tomatoes, but it was there. I think that's another reason why DSA's don't like people doing things from home, so it's a uniform/exact thing and also makes us comply with the vendors.

liz (I"d love to have mom make stuff but I don't want to lose my PC job either)

I have a Bernina & bought design cards that fit the cooking theme. There is one that is a bundt pan and I think a cookbook next to it. I embroider it in a sand color looks like our fluted pan.
another is an oven mitt that looked like our old one, cookbook and wooden spoons, there is an APCS and apples. I've used them for aprons, sweatshirts, trivets and aprons for my team awards.

Cute! I really want to just borrow it from her so I can play for a month with it, but she won't let it out of the house and I can't hang out there just goofing off all the time! Sunday afternoon should be good, though...

Whoo Hoo!
I am so glad that someone asked HO about this. My husband has a garment business and he has always embroidered my blouses and aprons, but I wasn't sure if I would get in trouble some day with HO.

DebbieJ said:
Actually, you can't. You cannot give our logo to another business to create something for you. But if you had a machine at home and could create it yourself, you could use it.

Well this opens up a whole world for me. Finally.... I can make myself an apron that fits!!!!

I am off to the play with Monster Computer Sewing Machine.

1. How do I get started with embroidering my own designs?

To get started with embroidering your own designs, you will need an embroidery machine, embroidery thread, stabilizer, and fabric. You can also purchase pre-made embroidery designs or create your own using embroidery software.

2. What type of fabric is best for embroidering?

Cotton and linen fabrics are usually the best for embroidering because they hold stitches well and are easy to work with. However, you can also use other fabrics such as denim, fleece, or even leather, depending on the project.

3. How do I transfer my design onto fabric?

There are a few different methods for transferring a design onto fabric. You can use a transfer pen or pencil, iron-on transfer paper, or a water-soluble stabilizer that dissolves after stitching. Choose the method that works best for your design and fabric.

4. What is the best way to hoop my fabric?

Hoop your fabric tightly so that it is smooth and taut, but not stretched. Make sure to use a hoop that is appropriate for the size of your design. You may also want to use additional stabilizer under the hoop for extra support.

5. How do I care for embroidered items?

Embroidered items should be washed in cold water on a gentle cycle and laid flat to dry. Avoid using bleach or harsh detergents, as they can damage the embroidery. If needed, use a cool iron on the reverse side of the fabric to smooth out any wrinkles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amyskitchen2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Shelly Flanagan
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • Butterfly15