• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Submit My Event as a Cooking Show or Fundraiser?

In summary, my fundraiser from Saturday is just past $2000 (my Friday brunch is at $800)!!!! More orders are expected on both. I am stunned, and so excited.
its_me_susan
My fundraiser from Saturday is just past $2000 (my Friday brunch is at $800)!!!! More orders are expected on both. I am stunned, and so excited.

Question for you all.... If submitted as a cooking show they would receive $465 free (Wow). But in order for the fundraiser to get as much as it would at 15% (would be $307), how do I offer the free products to them? I know there is a way where the organization can still receive just as much (but the host pays for some of the free products, with a tax deductible check?)...

How much would they need to spend out-of-pocket? I offered a $100 donation plus the $40 in catalogs. Is it really better for them (and me) to submit as a cooking show? I'm getting confused. I'm going to post this in case you aren't around. I need to explain it to my host, oy!

If they want the products instead of the check, they could use the products for a raffle or silent auction which would surely bring in more than $307.

its_me_susan said:
Is it really better for them (and me) to submit as a cooking show? I'm getting confused. I'm going to post this in case you aren't around. I need to explain it to my host, oy!
It depends. Is it a group that would likely to use kitchen tools? Some churches and schools do "fundraisers" as regular Cooking shows, and use the FPV to fill their kitchens. If they aren't the type of group to need products, then a FR is the way to go.

It's better for you if it's submitted as a Cooking show, as you'll get a higher commission percentage on it.

chefann said:
It depends. Is it a group that would likely to use kitchen tools? Some churches and schools do "fundraisers" as regular Cooking shows, and use the FPV to fill their kitchens. If they aren't the type of group to need products, then a FR is the way to go.

It's better for you if it's submitted as a Cooking show, as you'll get a higher commission percentage on it.

Oh good! Yes, maybe they would want to keep the products for their group hall kitchen or whatever (where they hold their events). But then would I have them pay for some of the products, in the form of a check to the group? The most important thing is that this group (family of troops in Iraq) gets the most, and the Grandma who held the demo at her house gets the grill pan she wanted. :)

Update: They don't have a shared kitchen or an immediate plan for a silent auction, so I'm just going to submit as a fundraiser. Thank you for your input.

Last edited:
Hi there! Congratulations on your successful fundraiser so far, that is amazing! I'm thrilled to hear that you are excited about the potential for even more orders.In terms of offering the free products to your organization, there are a few options available. One option is to have the organization pay for the free products, as you mentioned. This can be done by writing a tax-deductible check to your organization for the cost of the free products. Another option is to have the organization use their own funds to purchase the free products directly from you.In terms of how much they would need to spend out-of-pocket, it would depend on the products they choose to redeem with their free credits. I recommend discussing this with your organization and finding out which option would work best for them.As for whether it is better to submit as a cooking show or not, it ultimately depends on what works best for you and your organization. If you have a large number of orders and a high total in sales, submitting as a cooking show may be more beneficial for both you and the organization. However, if the orders are not as high, it may be better to submit at the 15% level to maximize the organization's profit.I hope this helps clarify things for you and your host. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I'm here to support you in any way I can. Keep up the great work!

1. How do I schedule a Cooking Show or Fundraiser?

To schedule a Cooking Show or Fundraiser, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit their website to find available dates and times. Your consultant will work with you to determine the best date and location for your event.

2. What is the difference between a Cooking Show and a Fundraiser?

A Cooking Show is a fun and interactive way to learn about Pampered Chef products and try out new recipes. A Fundraiser is a Cooking Show with the added benefit of supporting a charitable cause or organization. A portion of the sales from the event will be donated to the designated charity.

3. How much does it cost to host a Cooking Show or Fundraiser?

Hosting a Cooking Show or Fundraiser is completely free! Your consultant will bring all the necessary cooking tools and ingredients, and there is no obligation to make a purchase. You and your guests can simply enjoy the demonstration and samples.

4. Can I invite guests to my Cooking Show or Fundraiser?

Absolutely! The more the merrier. Your consultant will work with you to determine the appropriate number of guests for your event. It's a great opportunity to get together with friends, family, or co-workers for a fun and educational experience.

5. What types of recipes will be demonstrated at the Cooking Show or Fundraiser?

Your consultant will have a variety of recipes to choose from, including main dishes, desserts, and appetizers. They will also take into consideration any dietary restrictions or preferences of the guests. You and your guests will have the opportunity to taste the recipes and ask any questions about the products used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PCTE2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies