• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookbook Fundraiser: Can We Use Pampered Chef Recipes?

In summary, the conversation discussed the use of copyrighted materials from Pampered Chef for a fundraising cookbook. It was confirmed that recipes and photos are considered the company's intellectual property and must be used with prior written approval. The policies state that consultants can submit recipes for publication in local newspapers, but there are restrictions in place to protect the company's assets.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
My company is printing a cookbook as a fundraiser. Are we allowed to use a pampered chef recipe if we give acknowledgement that it is a PC recipe or is it a "no no"?? I've been asked to contribute a couple of PC recipes but I believe that they may be copyrighted for this purpose. Does anyone know?:confused:

There's info in the policies about this. I think you have to present your case to the test kitchen and they approve them on a case by case basis.

This is from the PC website:

Copyrighted Materials
The “©” symbol indicates copyrighted materials. Other than in communications with Show hosts or guests, the catalog, postcard invitations, newsletters, recipes, etc., or anything bearing the “©” symbol should not be reproduced in whole or in part.

Do not sell or provide copyrighted materials to any non-licensed vendors.

Do not write “all rights reserved” on anything that bears The Pampered Chef® name, trademarks or logos. This includes printed or electronic materials like newsletters or flyers.

This is the section I was remembering:
Consultants and Above
You may submit story ideas and press releases to your local community newspapers. With prior written approval from the Corporate Communications Department, you may also submit a recipe for publication in your local newspapers.
The policies also includes this statement:
Our recipes and their photos are considered Pampered Chef’s intellectual property, along with any other photos we take, product descriptions, trademarks, logos, etc. We have to place limits on what intellectual property Consultants are allowed to use and where, in order to protect the value of these assets. If we allow Consultants to use these assets however they see fit, we will not be able to enforce our rights against those who misuse them, for instance those who sell on eBay.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

Related to Cookbook Fundraiser: Can We Use Pampered Chef Recipes?

1. Can we use any Pampered Chef recipe for our cookbook fundraiser?

Yes, you can use any Pampered Chef recipe for your cookbook fundraiser. We encourage you to browse through our extensive collection of recipes and pick out your favorites to include in your cookbook.

2. Are there any restrictions on how we can use the Pampered Chef recipes in our fundraiser?

There are no restrictions on how you can use the Pampered Chef recipes in your fundraiser. You can include them as is or make adaptations to fit your specific needs. Just make sure to give credit to Pampered Chef for the recipes you use.

3. Can we modify the Pampered Chef recipes to fit our dietary restrictions?

Yes, you can modify the Pampered Chef recipes to fit your dietary restrictions. Our recipes are always customizable to accommodate various dietary needs, and we have a wide range of options for gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan diets.

4. Do we need to get permission from Pampered Chef to use their recipes in our fundraiser?

No, you do not need to get permission from Pampered Chef to use their recipes in your fundraiser. As long as you give credit to Pampered Chef for the recipes you use, you are free to include them in your cookbook fundraiser.

5. Can we sell the Pampered Chef recipes in our cookbook fundraiser for profit?

Yes, you can sell the Pampered Chef recipes in your cookbook fundraiser for profit. However, please note that the recipes are copyrighted and should not be sold or distributed separately from the cookbook. Also, make sure to give credit to Pampered Chef for the recipes you use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dotty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • PamperedChefDude
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Carissidy
Replies