• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cook-Out Success! Mashing 48 Deviled Eggs with Nylon Masher

In summary, the Mix N Masher is a new tool that is very sturdy and easy to use. It is great for mashed potatoes and deviled eggs.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
We are headed to a cook-out. I had to make 48 deviled eggs. I was getting ready to mash the yolks in the smalll SS bowl - I usually use a fork, but I picked up my new nylon masher. Awesome! OMG and no hearing the "metal-against-metal" scraping sound. It mashed them so quickly - just a little tip but this was cool!

I used it to mash eggs a couple of weeks ago too!! I was surprised how sturdy it was, after seeing the picture I thought it would be flimsy! I can't wait to use it on potatoes!!!

I'm trying it out on potatoes tomorrow! Im making the beef tenderloin in the Cooking for Two Cookbook (except I'm doubling it - lol) and DH wants garlic smashed 'taters. I cant wait to try it out - and try out the recipe!

Be sure to let us know how it goes!!!

I used it for potatoes and wasn't impressed. I like my old stlye nylon masher much better! Hopefully I will learn to love it!

I used the new Mix N Masher for potatoes last week and I thought it was great!

Are you talking about the Pastry Blender #1683 on page 39? I used the old
style pastry blender when I did deviled eggs, all the time. In fact, I bought
a couple of extras before they expired to use as door prizes when I did deviled eggs demo. Altho I have the new one, I have yet to use it. Cannot imagine it is worth 3 times the old model. We shall see.

They are talking about the Mix 'n Masher...

Yes we are talking about the new nylon mix n' masher tool! I will eventually get used to it but I guess I have too much fun watching the potatoes coming through the holes of the old one! Ahh......a kid a heart (and in some countries, LOL!)

I used it to mix cream cheese that was not quite room temperature. It was great. It had stuck to the whisk. :)

How in the world do you get cream cheese to mix smooth, ughh, I hate putting cream cheese into anything that is a darker color. I made the Pumpkin Pie spread the other day for work and you could see the chunks all in it, it wasn't quite room temp either, so that was part of it, but I still don't ever remember it ever blending in well.

jdavis said:
How in the world do you get cream cheese to mix smooth, ughh, I hate putting cream cheese into anything that is a darker color. I made the Pumpkin Pie spread the other day for work and you could see the chunks all in it, it wasn't quite room temp either, so that was part of it, but I still don't ever remember it ever blending in well.

Hi Jennifer!

Try putting it in the microwave for about 20 seconds before you blend it. It gets really smooth and is easier to work with.

Linda

Nuke it girl.....That's a great tip putting it in the microwave. I always nuke mine for alittle and it does make it very creamy and easy to work with.

I thought it was going to be flimsy too, until I used it! It worked great for mashed potatoes--much to my surprise! I was thinking it would be great for deviled eggs; thanks for sharing that it was:) I thought it was easier to clean than the old masher.

I used my Mix N Masher tonight for the first time....it is AWESOME!!! I cooked red potatoes with the skins on and then mashed them up with a little half & half and a little butter....worked great! What I really liked about this masher was that it didn't get all clogged up like the other masher does when you leave the skins on the potatoes, plus, I could use the masher to serve the potatoes right out of the pot too (it was just us so I didn't bother with another spoon for serving). I really like this product.:)

pamperedlinda said:
I used my Mix N Masher tonight for the first time....it is AWESOME!!! I cooked red potatoes with the skins on and then mashed them up with a little half & half and a little butter....worked great! What I really liked about this masher was that it didn't get all clogged up like the other masher does when you leave the skins on the potatoes, plus, I could use the masher to serve the potatoes right out of the pot too (it was just us so I didn't bother with another spoon for serving). I really like this product.:)

THAT's a great idea!! I hadn't thought of using it to serve as well. You ceratily couldn't do that with the old style masher...

This is also a great tool for perogies!! It stirs and scoops!

I've been doing mashed potatoes the same way - red potatoes with the skin on, milk, butter and garlic....yum yum! And I love the way the masher acts as a scoop. This and the pan strainer I think are my favorite new fall products! Oh - and the knives of course!!!

Anything else, Cindy??? LOL!

Has anyone tried making mashed potato flowers in the silicone floral cupcake pan?

Last edited:
cmdtrgd said:
Has anyone tried making mashed potatoe flowers in the silicone floral cupcake pan?

Unless they are some really stiff potatoes, I think they'd fall apart......

Maybe something like twice baked potatoes with the sour cream and cheese to make it stick together. Can you imagine a thin gravy on top and down the sides!

cmdtrgd said:
Maybe something like twice baked potatoes with the sour cream and cheese to make it stick together. Can you imagine a thin gravy on top and down the sides!

I've been thinking about these potatoes (frankly, I'm not sure it's worth the work).............I would think that you'd have to pack them in the mold (be sure there are no air pockets too) then refrigerate them to get them hard, then put them on a baking stone to warm them in the oven. I just don't know, I think that potatoes are too soft and would mush-up when you try to get them out of the mold - maybe you'd have to freeze them? You'll have to let us know how they turn out.

Related to Cook-Out Success! Mashing 48 Deviled Eggs with Nylon Masher

1. How do I properly cook and peel 48 eggs for a cook-out?

To cook 48 eggs at once, place them in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat and let the eggs simmer for 10-12 minutes. After cooking, immediately transfer the eggs to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. To peel, gently tap the eggs on a hard surface and roll them between your hands. The shells should easily come off.

2. Can I use a regular potato masher instead of a nylon one?

While you can use a regular potato masher, we recommend using a nylon one for this recipe. A nylon masher is specifically designed for delicate foods like boiled eggs, and it will ensure a smoother and more even consistency in your deviled eggs.

3. How do I prevent my deviled eggs from getting too dry?

To prevent dry deviled eggs, make sure to not overcook the eggs and to not leave them out at room temperature for too long. You can also add a little extra mayonnaise or mustard to your filling for added moisture.

4. Can I make the deviled eggs ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the deviled eggs ahead of time. After preparing the filling, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, fill the egg whites and garnish with toppings.

5. What are some creative toppings for deviled eggs?

Some popular toppings for deviled eggs include crumbled bacon, chopped chives or green onions, diced tomatoes, and smoked paprika. You can also get creative and try adding diced avocado, pickled jalapenos, or even a drizzle of hot sauce on top.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas