• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Comparing the P3 & Pampered Partner - Who's Using What?

In summary, most people are still using PP and a few are using P3. The majority of people like P3, but there are a few who miss the simplicity of PP.

Whose using P3 or PP?

• Using P3 and love it

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Old Habits Die Hard or Scared.. still with PP

Votes: 23 43.4%

• Total voters
heat123
Silver Member
So who's using the new P3 and whose still using PP?

I'm using P3.....so far I like it!

I haven't even installed P3 to look at! I guess I am just comfortable with PP and old habits are hard to change! I suppose when they mandate P3 I will start using it!

I'm still using PP. If they'd add all the report functions that exist in PP into P3 then I'd make the switch.

I love P3 but wish there were more reports available!! I have totally switched over...

I use P3 and I really like it also it has thrown me for a loop a few times but I really like it.

I'm still using PP, waiting till they get all the kinks out of P3.....;)

I use P3 and LOVE it!! At first I was like ok this is going to take some getting used to but now I love it! :p

Still on PP. I use Contact Management and Reports pretty extensively and the functionality on P3 is just not there yet for me.

Thanks for the poll, Heather! I was wondering the same thing!
I'm still on PP...I'm also waiting until it's mandatory!

I love how colorful it is, I really like it a great deal. Now I admit I wasn't using the other too long so for me the update was easy but I really like the changes. I logged into the website yesterday and it told me to log into P3 there was an update so I did and voila!

I am too much into the reports and things on PP to even want to switch things up, besides, I am a creature of habit!

I'm also still using PP, have installed P3 but I also use reports extensively.

I'm still using PP. I know I need to make the switch, because I ought to know the new program so I walk new recruits through it... I'm just not ready to yet!

supergirljennie said:
I'm still using PP. I know I need to make the switch, because I ought to know the new program so I walk new recruits through it... I'm just not ready to yet!
I like new things but my recruits having p3 was my biggest factor for figuring it out. I did not want these new recruits to call me with a P3 question and me have to call someone else!!

I *love* P3. But then, I hadn't even submitted a show yet in the old software so that was an easy switch.

I like P3, but I do wish they would get going on adding reports. So far, no problems submitting.

Love P3 - can complete entering my shows sooooo much faster!!! Would never go back!!!! Also LOVE the reminders if I forget the monthly special on an order (yes, I do forget sometimes)!

I also love the way it balances a show, lists the totals, etc. Too many things to mention I love!

pampchefrhondab said:
Love P3 - can complete entering my shows sooooo much faster!!! Would never go back!!!! Also LOVE the reminders if I forget the monthly special on an order (yes, I do forget sometimes)!

I also love the way it balances a show, lists the totals, etc. Too many things to mention I love!
I went to submit a show today and I had 3 guest specials that I missed! I wish there was a part that showed how far away from $60 each guest was. It would be easier if I could say "You are only $14.56 away from a free _____. Was there anything else that you were interested in getting tonight to get the free special?"

Wouldn't that be cool?

gilliandanielle said:
I went to submit a show today and I had 3 guest specials that I missed! I wish there was a part that showed how far away from $60 each guest was. It would be easier if I could say "You are only $14.56 away from a free _____. Was there anything else that you were interested in getting tonight to get the free special?"

Wouldn't that be cool?

That would be really cool.

gilliandanielle said:
I like new things but my recruits having p3 was my biggest factor for figuring it out. I did not want these new recruits to call me with a P3 question and me have to call someone else!!
That's why I made the leap too. Now we can be lost together! :p Not really, it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I switched to Vista, MS Office 2007, and P3 all in the same week.....:eek: .....talk about some major changes!

I didn't vote because my answer isn't an option. I'm still using PP. I'm not scared of P3, and I don't have any issues with change. However, my very slow dial-up service seems to have an issue with P3 updates. Since it looks for updates every time it opens, I have to turn my computer on and open P3 at least 30 minutes before I sit down to use it. Veeeerrrry inconvenient.

So, for now, I choose PP because it works better for me.

Heh, you should have an option for "Using P3 but don't really like it." That's about where I am right now. I like it for entering and submitting shows, but I HATE HATE HATE the Tasks system! It's horrible!

The old one, I could click on "First Call" in my task list, and it would pull up the contact information of the person I needed to call. It also showed the NAME of my contact in the list... i.e. "Suzie Host - First Call." This new one just shows a list of all the things I need to do... "First Call, Second Call, Followup, etc," but doesn't show the name unless I hover my mouse over it for a second. Then, when I click on it, and bring up the "Associated Contacts" screen, I CAN'T CLICK ON THE CONTACT TO BRING UP THEIR INFORMATION! :mad: Ohhh no, I have to close that window, then scroll down through my contacts list to find the person.

Add to that the fact that P3 seems to be a resource-hog, and bogs down my poor little laptop. (Runs okay on my PC, but I use my laptop more for business.) And it doesn't have as many reports features as PP, not even printing labels for contacts! :mad: I've added contacts since switching to P3, so I can't even switch back.

I've been forcing myself to use P3 since I'm working on recruiting, and I want to be able to answer questions. But ARGH. I've never been so frustrated with PP.

results....Hmm 15 vs 20, glad to know I am not the only one not using P3 yet!:p

I Love P3..although it needs more reports and letters.

I only know P3 so I had to pick that option...don't know if I "love" it yet, but so far it's been pretty easy for me to pick up and do on my own with absolutely no training from my recruiter needed and I didn't read any help manuals. I've been able to find everything so far...

...except when I hadn't put a host address in yet and the shipping wouldn't come up! But that got answered in <30 seconds here on the forum! :)

P3Tell me Why you love P3. I hate "clicking around" Tab & Enter was much faster when loading and closing a show.

PP3- I just switched over & I'm having problems entering the guest special on orders. Anyone else having this problem?

I put PP3 on the family desktop computer so I could help the new consultants in my downline.

Even though I am ready to add it to my laptop, my laptop is not ready for me to add it. The cd/dvd drive is not working so I cannot add PP3 until I fix it or get a new computer.

Lisa

I really like PP3. The feature that tells you about the guests that were elligible for the guest special but didn't order it is awesome! The ability to use the scroll button on the various lists is nice too. It really used to frustrate me with the old PP that I was not able to do that.

I'm with you Rae.....I'm not scared of P3, and I am usually the one who loves change! (drives my DH crazy sometimes!) But, I use the reports and labels, etc....too much to change to P3. I'd go crazy not being able to access everything in the reports section of PP!:eek: I was on dial-up until this past week - and it took FOREVER to even log in to P3!
I am concerned because I have a recruit signing next week, and I'm pretty sure she will need alot of guidance at the beginning, and I'm not sure how much I can give her!

jtjacaldwell said:
PP3- I just switched over & I'm having problems entering the guest special on orders. Anyone else having this problem?

You do it like you would add their order. Hit + and the guest special number. Remember they have to have spent $60 or more in product in order to get the free product.

I think most of you know that I am using P3 and love it so far. I've been using it since we got our changeover kit. I love how it lets you know if you missed a special and stuff like that. I am waiting for the reports we want but when I need to refer to something from the past 2 years or so I go to PP and get my info. One good thing for me is that I started 2007 on P3 so anything prior I know to go to PP to get info that is on a report that I might be looking for. Some things I can still get on P3.

gilliandanielle said:

Wouldn't that be cool?

I think I remember you saying that you enter your orders at shows. If you do you can see their product total as you enter their items on the bottom of that screen and then know to ask if they want to get the special. It's not exactly what you would like I know but at least it's on the same screen.

Need another choice!!I would have picked USING P3 MISS PP!!!:(

I love some of the changes, but I hate not being able to run my Director's reports or Total items sold report to find out when a customer purchased a product! Can't wait until we have all of the capabilities in P3 that we had in PP!! :D

I am just plain scared. I have added in my show that I will be doing on Sunday but I am not sure if I am ready to take the plunge. If there aren't reports does that mean we won't be able to print out our expenses for taxes?

There are expense and income reports, top sell reports, monthly sales diary and a few others, just not as near as many as on PP. And you can't look at a show older than 6 months except for the show summary which doesn't include CC #'s. I told a customer that she didn't have to write down her number because I had it on an old show. I went to get it out of that show and I couldn't view it. I have my records backed up on a CD but my recruit has been using my PP so it was harder to put everything back on than it was to just call her and get the #!!

Related to Comparing the P3 & Pampered Partner - Who's Using What?

1. What is the difference between P3 and Pampered Partner?

P3 (Pampered Chef Performance) is the newest version of our online ordering and business management tool, while Pampered Partner (PP) is the previous version. P3 offers more advanced features and a more user-friendly interface.

2. Who is currently using P3?

P3 is available to all Pampered Chef consultants, but it is currently only being used by a select group of consultants who are participating in the pilot program. We will be rolling out P3 to all consultants in the near future.

3. Can I still use PP if I prefer it?

Yes, you can still use PP if you prefer it. However, we highly recommend giving P3 a try as it offers many new and improved features that can benefit your business.

4. Is there a cost to use P3?

No, there is no additional cost to use P3. It is included in your Pampered Chef consultant membership.

5. Where can I find training resources for P3?

We have a variety of training resources available for P3, including videos, user guides, and live webinars. These can be found on our website under the P3 section or by contacting our customer support team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • crissy11
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies