• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Come Out, Come Out Where Ever You Are!

In summary, the author suggests that people come out of the closet and start posting on this site because it's a great way to "talk" to complete strangers and learn new information. There are a few people who have posted recently, but it seems that there are not as many people as there were before. The author encourages others to join the site and post.
soonerchef
So, after reading the post looking for other "Cheffer" sites and seeing that some of you/us think that chefsuccess is getting stale, I was thinking that it would be great for all of our members who have paid the $5 fee to come out of the closet and start posting :D . There are a ton who don't post and I am sure that there are some other great ideas out there that aren't being shared :( .

We don't bite (well, most of us don't ;) ) and it's a great way to start getting out of your comfort zone, you get to "talk" to complete strangers (quite often step one in having a successful biz). When you start posting you will find friends that you never knew you needed!

Anyone else wish we could get the lurkers out of the closet?

Come out, come out where ever you are!!

It does seem "quieter" after our membership took affect. No new blood to talk to every day, like before!! But this is still the only site I frequent daily!

Andrea, that's cute! I totally agree w/ your post! I have noticed a drop in posts lately.
I second the come out, come out where ever you are!!!!!:D

Also Andrea, I am counting with you till conference. I can't remember but I think we might have a session or two together will you have something on your name tag?:D

I will have something on my name tag, just not sure what yet...I will start a where to meet post in the wave 2 section...

name tags for conferenceHI,
I was in Michael's last week and noticed they have blank round pins. Maybe somebody with some creative computer skills could come up with something for us to print and put into the round pins?? That way we could recognize each other easily at conference. Maybe even the muppet like creature that I saw on an earlier post that said I'm a Cheffer, He's a Cheffer, She's a Cheffer We're All Cheffers etc. just smaller?

Andrea,

Thanks for the post to get people to participate in this site. I love it, and I am getting great information to help my business. I will encourage all future recruits to buy the membership and learn something from everyone. I may even offer it as a gift if they sign with me!

I would not have had the success I am having without this website. My director is awesome, but my recruiter is having some problems and cannot contribute much right now. So I rely on you guys and my director to help my business.

Come out, come out wherever you are!!

heat123 said:
It does seem "quieter" after our membership took affect. No new blood to talk to every day, like before!! But this is still the only site I frequent daily!
I agree! That's probably why I'm not on here as much as I used to be, although I do still pop on a couple times a day. Plus, I need to limit myself or else I'd hang out here all day long and get nothing else done so that's the main reason I'm not on here as much.

I hope to hear from some of those lurkers too!:)

Great post title:) I just happened onto this site several months ago, so I'm still learning everything. I never officially introduced myself, but I've enjoyed reading & posting. I told some of my cluster members about it; told them it's like going to a team meeting everytime you log on! I have learned so many things here--so thanks to all, everyone here seems so nice:) If we all keep posting, we'll all keep learning!

I have two of my recruits hooked on this site and more to come.. Yes, I am a self-confessed lurker.. haha I really just like to read what is new though I do agree that I should post more.
So, uh... I got two recruits before my 3rd month was up. That was really exciting!! Getting a little of the cold sweats hoping that I can maintain that FD status and keep going.. My MAIN goal is to go to the Bahamas this year for my 10th anniversary. That would be fantastic!! And then hubby can't roll his eyes when I have to put in a few minutes for PC at night.
Took me a few years to finally join. Had it in the back of my head for a while.. and one day it just clicked and I drove my Director crazy wanting to get signed.. now!... She kept putting me off hoping i would sign in under a friend who was on her way out. Actually she was already inactive for a while but.. I guess the thought was that I would be her tease to become active again. It worked out though and I got my kit.. and I love what I am doing! Lets me stay home with my 3 boys.. I am a homeschooler too. I also am taking classes online out of state to earn my RD degree..
Whew. Well, that is me.. Nice to meet all of you and look forward to more fresh postings!!!

Very nice to "meet" you as well, thanks for coming out of the closet. Congrats on your recruits, way to go!! Now, you just have to start sharing your secrets to your success with everyone else, it seems that you may have a few...

I'm Back!!!I used to be here every day ALL DAY LONG, but I bit off more than I could chew so I had to give it up for awhile, but I'm back now. I babysit part time (Mon, Wed & Fri) and do Pampered Chef. Well, we started going to a new Church and they needed someone to work at their Preschool for the last 7 weeks on Tues & Thurs mornings. I said I would do it. Well, about the same time (same week I think) my step-daughter brings a paper home from school about a State sponsored after school drug prevention program. They need parents to help out and they will pay. Well, she really wanted to be in it, so I thought hey, I have to spend the gas to go and pick her up from it, I might as well help out and get paid. That was Tues & Thurs evenings, also for the same 7 weeks. So now my Tues and Thurs are totally full. Every other Monday my step-daughter also has 4-H meetings and Wednesday nights we have Church. So between babysitting, 4-H meetings, Church, Preshool, Middle School and Pampered Chef, I didn't know if I was coming or going. Plus, right smack in the middle of all the craziness, I decided to sign up with Wildtree Herbs. Signed up over a month ago and still haven't watched the training videos or even tried to book any parties. Oh well, I'm just happy to be able to come back here and visit again! I missed you guys :(

We missed you too...

I know I need to start posting more but I do love this site I never get to attend my cluster meetings but my director is pretty awsome she will send me all the stuff that she has at the cluster meeting, and this site really helps me during my slow times.

Ok, Ok...I'm out!In my defense, I'm not a TOTAL lurker...I do post and even start threads :) I began to get really frustrated because every time I started a thread...someone else would start one right away and I began to feel like the little kid that stood in the corner and no one would talk to. (Ok...that sounds like I need therapy!)

I have to limit my time on here or I'm afraid I'll spend all day just reading the posts. I loved getting the email notices but that stopped once I paid my subscription.

As for things getting stale on here, does anyone know how the membership numbers dropped when this went to a paid membership? I think it would be interesting to know how many people were lost and if that might be the problem.

I'm out tooHi, I'm Jenny. I posted some. I'm very shy myself so when it comes to posting, it takes a lot of energy to do so. And I'm also terrified of rejections, I know it's not good for my business and this website has encouraged me daily. Thank you guys! I love this website, I'm here all the time.

I will try my best to post more and share more.

Thank you again,
Jenny :)

Coming out as requested!!!Hello out there! My name is Samantha and this is my first post in 5 months, since I first discovered you all and this awesome website! I lurk everyday and enjoy reading all the info. I always think it isn't fair that I never post and always take away great ideas without leaving some of my own!! So, I promise to start posting!:D Thanks to everyone for all their hard work!:D

Memorial Day here was like the day after Labor Day at the Jersey Shore. I'm glad Andrea has put some life back into this, or at least this thread.;)

It's so cool to "meet" some of you who were behind the scenes a little! Thanks for introducing yourself or re-introducing yourself!!:)

No lurker here...ha ha!! Definately done my share of posts...but...I have noticed when I post a ton I am not working!! Have to limit the time I spend on this sight to make sure my paycheck keeps coming in!!

I just have to toot my own horn for this month...hope you don't mind!! I had 4 $1000 :D shows this month...that is the most I have ever had in 1 month!! Didn't meet my goal of $9000 in sales...ended up with $8100...better than a kick in the head!!

There must be many more lurkers out there!!! Come out come out where ever you are!!:D

Good to meet you!It's good to see some new people out there. Welcome, welcome!

Marlene, way to go!! What an awesome month. I know what you mean about the posting time. I seem to go in spurts as well. I find so much good ideas out here I need to force myself to take a break and actually implement them:D .

Of course now that the kids are out of school I don't know how much lurking or posting I'll be doing unless it's in the early hours.:)

I haven't hosted my first show yet so I don't have any experiences to share....yet

I love coming here and am so greatful to my Recruiter for sharing it with me. I paid the membership after being here for only 2 minutes....LOL

I'm still learning my way around the site but so far I'm loving it!! I learn so much from all of you.

I do try!!I have tried to post w/questions and ideas these last couple of weeks!!!! I am very much a lone where I am, my director even lives about 6 1/2 hours away we have never met. I never can attend the meeting so this site has been awsome for me:) :) :)

It's wonderful to see the new replies. Like a breathe of fresh air. We really
are an important support group. So convenient and readily available, any time
night or day. Thanks, everyone who took the time to add their two cents, today.

fruit76loop said:
ha ha!! Definately done my share of posts...but...I have noticed when I post a ton I am not working!! Have to limit the time I spend on this sight to make sure my paycheck keeps coming in!!

I just have to toot my own horn for this month...hope you don't mind!! I had 4 $1000 :D shows this month...that is the most I have ever had in 1 month!! Didn't meet my goal of $9000 in sales...ended up with $8100...better than a kick in the head!!

There must be many more lurkers out there!!! Come out come out where ever you are!!:D

Only 8100?????? Wow, that is so awesome! I just had to say WAY TO GO:D

Hey...it's so great that you guys will start posting...WE NEED YOU (can we get an Uncle Sam icon too?)!! It makes me giddy just thinking about it.

I will be slowing down on my posting here in a few as I am going back to work full time, I guess I won't catch up to Becky's post # for a while yet...although I am getting closer!

I love to read new members posts! In fact, I know a lurker who has paid the $20 gold member fee and she still lurks! Ummmm, Suzy, do you want to introduce yourself to everyone here? :D I'm going to call you out!:) Don't worry guys, she's in my cluster and she's here on this site everyday or everyother day so she can at least say hi!:D Right Suzy? :D

Thanks, Kristi...I have posted a few replies in the past but I mostly enjoy reading what everyone else is doing so I can learn more. I'll make an effort to post more replies but...

LOL!!!:D I knew I would see you come out! I can see the big smile on your face too!:D

In reference to your but.........what does that mean?:confused: ;)

guilty as chargedI'm a newbie and first time poster. I just made my ss#1 - woo hoo!

I've very much enjoyed everyone's ideas and am looking forward to becoming a regular of Chef Success (and lurker no more). :D

Let's all do the happy dance for Andrea!

soonerchef said:
I will be slowing down on my posting here in a few as I am going back to work full time, I guess I won't catch up to Becky's post # for a while yet...although I am getting closer!
Hee, hee....that's funny!:D You're catching up!! And I seem to be slowing down, so I'm sure you'll surpass me soon.:)

Yeah We Got Some Lurkers Out!!!I am so proud of you guys for coming out of the closet (andrea saying) and posting. This really is an awesome site.
I will have the whole summer off, so I probably will be posting more, except in July! I am gone every other week! Oh Well love the biz, don't have a boss saying I can't take that day off!:D

I have an extremely long way to go to catch up to Andrea, won't even touch Becky!

pcandrea said:
I'm a newbie and first time poster. I just made my ss#1 - woo hoo!

I've very much enjoyed everyone's ideas and am looking forward to becoming a regular of Chef Success (and lurker no more). :D

Welcome to the board! Where in Iowa are you from? I am originally from SE IA (near Burlington/Mt. Pleasant) but with my husband in the military we are all over the place, currently in Hawaii.

I have a Suzy that's in the closet too!! She's my director and she has a broken leg right now, it's not like she's doing anything right now;) ...

I am out!
May was a terribile month for bookings:( , I hope June will be better...June is my forth month as a consultant...

Yeah Andrea - the new one!! Congrats on getting SS1 - now on to success with SS2.

Good luck to all the "lurkers" out there, and we do hope to see posts from you, at least every once in a while. We all get great ideas from here, and I know we adjust them and make even better ideas from them. We would love to see what you have created!

I'm still trying to be patient, waiting for my Super Starter Kit to arrive...maybe today. I hate the we have to have a PC debit card...I want to set up my website now so I can get started and have to wait 5 business days. :-(

I can't wait to get started. I have my kick-off party on the 6th.

tashayoung said:
I'm still trying to be patient, waiting for my Super Starter Kit to arrive...maybe today. I hate the we have to have a PC debit card...I want to set up my website now so I can get started and have to wait 5 business days. :-(

Try calling HO, they should be able to give you your Debit Card # over the phone...

Hello everyone! I've been a lurker for a few months and just LOVE this site. You all have helped me out so much. May was my SS 1 and I earned the SS Bonus!! That was enough to keep me going at this.

I haven't done a cooking show yet, my first one is next weekend. I'm worried I'm not going to remember all the benefits of all the tools and look like I don't know what I'm doing.

Ashley, glad to have you here and posting! No one remembers everything, even the most experienced...it's just not possible and just remember that we are Pampered Chefs not Perfect Chefs!!

Oh, I see how it is Nancy...only the new Andrea's get "yeah's" ;)

adeeremom said:
Hello everyone! I've been a lurker for a few months and just LOVE this site. You all have helped me out so much. May was my SS 1 and I earned the SS Bonus!! That was enough to keep me going at this.

I haven't done a cooking show yet, my first one is next weekend. I'm worried I'm not going to remember all the benefits of all the tools and look like I don't know what I'm doing.
Ashley, welcome to Pampered Chef!! Don't worry about not remembering everything. It will come with time and even then, you won't remember everything! So, just try to take that pressure off yourself. Also, just have fun during your shows!! If you mess something up, make a joke out of it. My favorite line, as Andrea said, is "I'm a Pampered Chef, not a Perfect Chef." It also shows you're human and if anyone in your audience is curious about this business for themselves, it'll show them you don't have to be perfect.:)

tashayoung said:

Have a great first show!!! They only get better with each one you do. Have fun and try to be relaxed.:D Good luck!

Alright! I am out, too. I get on the site while I am at work whenever I get a chance. I have posted a few things, but everyone else seems to have way better ideas. I am in SS3 and still learning the ropes. I will try to post more and share more as I become more "skilled".

Baumaar, where in OK are you? I'm in Pauls Valley!

I think it worked!!:p I hope I haven't been hiding, if I have I'm know out of the Closet:)

soonerchef said:
Ashley, glad to have you here and posting! No one remembers everything, even the most experienced...it's just not possible and just remember that we are Pampered Chefs not Perfect Chefs!!

That is my absolute favorite saying:D I say it at almost every show! (since I usually make some sort of mistake, then I say that:p )

Man, we are starting to get a lot of Okies here...I know exactly where Pauls Valley is...It was such a small town when I was a kid but it seems to be growing quickly!

Hey! I'm from the Tulsa area.

Boy did this thread grow overnight or what?!?!

Great job Andrea, lol, Way to get them lurkers out!

Lately I haven't posted much myself, just have enough time to scroll through and look in on whatever catches my eye. With 4 boys and 3 in baseball we have practice M-W-Th, and I have so many other side things going on along with working f/t.

Anyway, Welcome to all Newbies or Delurked Oldies. ;)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
ChefEileen