• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vacation in New England-Need Help Planning

In summary, my family will be visiting the New England states later this summer. Any cheffers out there that might want to share some sites to see, things to do? We are also looking at going fishing off the coast, any ideas. We love the outdoors. Thanks in advance.
CRuff
Silver Member
My family will be visiting the New England states later this summer. Don't kow where to start my planning. Any cheffers out there that might want to share some sites to see, things to do? We are also looking at going fishing off the coast, any ideas. We love the outdoors. Thanks in advance. :D

Take a drive up route 1 and or 1A in NH and Maine... Some fun local stuff. The NH coast is small but packed with places to see. I am from the area so I will try to think of some specifics. I haven't lived there in 10 years though.Short sands in York maine has an awesome landmark. The Goldenrod The Goldenrod is a wonderful restaurant and soda fountain with the absolute BEST saltwater Taffy in the universe!
There is an amusement park and Zoo around the corner York's Wild Kingdom Zoo and Amusement Park in Maine. I have lots of fun memories of that place as a kid. Keep in mind it is fairly small...
On your way there if you like shopping you can hit the outlet malls in Kittery The Kittery Outlets If you go this way do not forget to stop at the Kittery Trading Post Kittery Trading Post: Always Free Shipping on Orders over $75!
and stop at Bob's clam hut for lunch. Intro .
For Desert hit "The Mrs & Me" Great home made ice cream! Again many fond memories stopping here on sultry summer nights.BTW... these places are not just loved by tourists, but locals as well!

I love these sites. Keep the ideas coming. Not sure of our route yet, but what I find here will be helpful. Thanks!

We love the Lake Winnesquam, NH area. DH has family there. And we always travel up to York Beach, ME. We spend the day shopping and then hit Fox's Lobster House. its great food, and it was featured in an American Express TV spot years ago. If you get anywhere near Hartford, CT, you have to stop at Jojo's Cafe. My good friend owns the place and its hands-down the best lattes and capps around. Yes, I drink my way through the trip to NH (coffee!! LOL).

I live in CT, def check out Mystic, the seaport and the aquarium are great. Downtown mystic is also nice to walk around plus Mystic Pizza is down there. Feel free to pm me

Oh, I do agree with York Beach, ME. I am from Western, MA (and hope to be moved back by summer) and my hubby's family has been vacationing there since his parents' honeymoon days. York Beach, Kittery, and Ogonquit (sp?) are fabulous.

I am from "The Berkshires" in western MA and there are many sites to see there as well. Norman Rockwell's studio, Tanglewood (summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra), Chesterwood Museum, Jacob's Pillow and many more, all besides the breathtaking beauty of the mountains, etc.

We did the Cliff Walk in Newport, RI. Newport in general was a lot of fun me while my husband was at his military conf.

I live in Vermont -- lots of great hikes, mountains and lakes .. just holler if you come this way and I can give you some tips.

Lots to do in Mass-
tons in Boston and on the Cape
NH- white mountains, storyland, santas village, N. Conway, Nh- great family areas.
Maine has Algonquit (sp?)- great beach family area, too,
I will think of more for you. Do you have a plan of where you are going at all?

Storyland ROCKS! Story Land
Santas village is cool too... Santa's Village :: Jefferson, New Hampshire I hope to take my kids there on a trip this summer.The drive up the Maine coast is awesome! yes Ogunquit, Wells, and Kennebunk are all nice too and there are tons of cool shops. Be prepared if you take the drive up route 1 on a weekend between memorial day and labor day it moves a bit slow! Thank goodness I knew how to get around the traffic. I drove that route everyday for years. My Gram, mom and some other family still live in Kittery. For NH the Winnepesaukee are is nice too as well as the mountains. North Conway has some wonderful sights. I used to love to drive the White mountain scenic byway! The yellow area on this map was always my favorite! http://www.visitwhitemountains.com/things-to-do/scenic-byway.aspxForgot to mention my home town... Portsmouth NH Super pretty in summer... Prescot park has nice gardens overlooking the Pisquatiqua river and a historical society called "Strawberry Banke" Its like walking into the 1700's http://www.strawberybanke.org/

Thanks for all the tips. I was wondering if anyone has a contact for any ocean fishing? The boys want to go out one day. We will be in Maine and that is where they want to attempt the ocean for fishing. Thanks!

where in Maine? I can check with my family there.

etteluap70PC said:
where in Maine? I can check with my family there.

Not sure, but any suggestions would be fine. The boys are looking so forward to the deep sea fishing and I want to do something nice but within budget. Thanks!

What are some popular destinations in New England?

Some popular destinations in New England include Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Acadia National Park, and Newport.

When is the best time to visit New England?

The best time to visit New England is during the fall months (September-November) when the leaves are changing and the weather is cool and crisp. However, each season offers its own unique charm and activities.

What are some must-try foods in New England?

New England is known for its seafood, particularly lobster and clam chowder. Other must-try foods include maple syrup, apple cider donuts, and whoopie pies.

What are some recommended activities in New England?

Some recommended activities in New England include hiking in the White Mountains, visiting historic sites such as the Freedom Trail in Boston, and taking a scenic drive along the coast.

Do I need a car to travel around New England?

While having a car can make it easier to travel around New England, it is possible to get around using public transportation such as trains, buses, and ferries. It ultimately depends on your specific itinerary and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
jcwarr