• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Co-Worker "Cut Me Off" of the Printer

In summary, if you are being frequently cut off at the printer by a co-worker, try having a conversation with them to politely express your concern. If that doesn't work, consider implementing a system for using the printer or speaking to your manager or HR representative. It's important to approach the situation calmly and professionally and to seek help if the issue persists.
lockhartkitchen
Okay, I have to rant to someone. I had permission from my principal to send my color photos needing to be printed any time I needed to the library color printer. These photos are needed to mount on paper for my Oregon history unit as part of a literature class I'm taking.

I was printing to the printer today, when our computer tech came in my room, and what I thought was "fixing" my computer. She tells me she was told to "cut off my printing privileges". By who? the librarian. She didn't like how much I was printing to her printer (AKA- the SCHOOL OWNED printer. ) The tech, thinking she should obey, took me off line from this printer. My principal was not in the building, so I left a message to talk to me ASAP.

I told him how it was. It was NOT the librarian's printer. He had told me I could print there. The librarian had no right deciding what I was doing was okay, too much, etc. It wasn't her place. If she doesn't like it, the printer should be placed in a neutral place, for those of us using this printer for our lessons. I'm ticked and he needs to talk to her. She's not my boss.

He'll talk to her. I have a good rapport with my principal. PS- this librarian is not liked by the staff or the students. She's rude and controlling.

banghead.gif
Feel better now? :)If not, take a deep breath, hold it and count to 10. You'll feel a lot better.

I love the brick wall. I'm over it now. My remaining pictures were on my desk this morning. My boss must have spoke with her.

1. How should I handle a co-worker who frequently cuts me off at the printer?

First, try to have a conversation with your co-worker and politely express your concern about being cut off at the printer. They may not realize they are doing it and a simple reminder can help improve the situation. If that doesn't work, consider speaking to your manager or HR representative for further assistance.

2. What can I do to prevent my co-worker from cutting me off at the printer?

One solution could be to establish a system for using the printer, such as taking turns or creating a sign-up sheet. This can help prevent any confusion or conflicts that may arise when multiple people need to use the printer at the same time.

3. How can I address this issue without causing conflict with my co-worker?

It's important to approach the situation calmly and professionally. Try to have a one-on-one conversation with your co-worker and avoid accusing or blaming them. Instead, focus on finding a solution that works for both of you.

4. Is it appropriate to confront my co-worker about cutting me off at the printer?

If the issue continues to happen and it affects your work, then it's appropriate to address the situation with your co-worker. However, make sure to do so in a respectful and professional manner to avoid any tension or conflicts in the workplace.

5. What should I do if my co-worker refuses to acknowledge or change their behavior?

If your co-worker is not willing to address the issue or make any changes, then it may be best to speak to your manager or HR representative for further assistance. They can help mediate the situation and find a solution that works for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen