• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Woven Trays?? Help :)

beckypchef

Novice Member
Mar 6, 2008
I've got a friend that just got blueberry cobbler on her tray... the "damp cloth" will not do the trick. And when she runs water over it you can smell the wood... and I don't want to hurt the tray... any tips?? I'm also worrying about it staining??

Thanks!!!!!
Newbie in training:eek:

Last edited:

sklay723

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2007
I have spilled crumbs in mine at shows, and I have found that waiting for the food to dry and then brushing it with a good firm toothbrush works pretty well. I keep a spare one under the kitchen sink now, just for that! :) Good luck.

peichef

Veteran Member
Mar 30, 2007
I'd ditto the tooth brush. A denture brush is even more firm & may be even better to get in between the weave.

janetupnorth

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2007
These are woven rattan. They can withstand water but not too much. The kitchen brush is the best bet. Dampen and brush. Then, let the tray stand undisturbed to dry.

The rattan will hold its shape if not disturbed while the reeds are wet.

You can get it a little wetter without staining or misshaping as long as you handle with care.

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
If you get it too wet, the color will bleed from the rattan - so be sure that you put it on somehting to drain and dry that you don't mind getting stained.

Brandi2007

Advanced Member
Mar 14, 2007
I HAD to wash mine, I had no choice.... I wouldnt suggest doing it too often but I did run it under warm water and scrubbed it with a kitchen brush... lots of stain came out into the sink but it didnt seem to change the color any. I am not recommending this but it did do the trick without ruining it that time.

peichef

Veteran Member
Mar 30, 2007
the kitchen brush is very similar to the toothbrush idea. I thought a toothbrush would be good b/c it's smaller.

KellyTheChef

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2006
Good luck...I hope the damp toothbrush or kitchen brush works for her. I have glaze (powdered sugar, butter and milk) on mine...it ran off of my round stone when doing the peachy cheesecake at a demo and it is ON THERE. Tried getting off by brushing, by getting slightly damp, you name it and it is not budging. That is the ONLY thing that I don't like about our WS pieces...otherwise I think they are beautiful, sturdy, and very functional!

chefruthie

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2005
Good luck...I hope the damp toothbrush or kitchen brush works for her. I have glaze (powdered sugar, butter and milk) on mine...it ran off of my round stone when doing the peachy cheesecake at a demo and it is ON THERE. Tried getting off by brushing, by getting slightly damp, you name it and it is not budging. That is the ONLY thing that I don't like about our WS pieces...otherwise I think they are beautiful, sturdy, and very functional!

I totally know what you mean. Happened with the same recipe too. It is glue now...Gorilla Glue!

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
Thanks for your comment. I actually chatted a cc yesterday and they e-mailed me a copy of the use and care! I suggested that there be a place on cc for us to be able to see old and new use of care cards; putting them under the silverware tray just doesn't work anymore. I have too many.