• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Mold from a Stone Left in the Fridge

In summary, for a stone that has been left in a fridge with food and molded, the client could try making a thick paste of baking soda and spreading it over the stone, or baking crescent rolls on the stone and discarding them. Another option is to contact the HO for suggestions, or to use soap and bake biscuits on the stone multiple times. However, using self-cleaning mode in the oven or running it through the dishwasher without soap may solve the problem but could potentially void the warranty.
lockhartkitchen
Client ? What do you do with a stone that was left in a fridge with food and molded? She has used hot water, but says it still smells like mold. Any suggestions?

She could try making a thick paste of baking soda and spread it all over the stone and let it sit for a while.

lockhartkitchen said:
Client ? What do you do with a stone that was left in a fridge with food and molded? She has used hot water, but says it still smells like mold. Any suggestions?

Use the baking soda paste...and a lesson in HEALTH 101!!:eek:

lockhartkitchen said:

You could also try baking crescent rolls on the stone to help pull it out. But, don't eat the rolls, of course. You'll want to discard them :love:

You might try contacting the HO, too!

Let us know what worked for her.:D

I would call HO. Honestly, if it were me, I would be tempted to throw it out. I am allergic to mold, so I wouldn't want to risk it, but HO might have a suggestion.

thanks. I'll check with HO too.

Me personally... I would use soap on it and deal with if for a few times! I would just bake some biscuits on it a few times and throw them away... that new oil should start the seasoning process over again..... but then again.... I would never let my stone sit in there that long! Not the precious stoneware... that is what my DH would say!!!:rolleyes: :D

Two options that will solve the problem, but create warranty issues... If it's more than 3 years old, then do them:You can leave it in the oven and set the oven on self-cleaning. The stone was fired already in a kiln, it will survive the oven - the mold won't.You can put it in the dishwasher without soap and set it to the extra-hot water setting.

Related to Cleaning Mold from a Stone Left in the Fridge

1. How do I clean mold from a stone left in the fridge?

To clean mold from a stone left in the fridge, mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture onto the moldy areas of the stone and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, use a scrub brush or sponge to gently scrub the mold away. Rinse the stone with water and dry it with a clean cloth.

2. Can I use bleach to clean mold from a stone?

It is not recommended to use bleach on a stone left in the fridge. Bleach can be too harsh and may damage the surface of the stone. Instead, opt for a natural cleaner like white vinegar or a specialized stone cleaner.

3. How often should I clean my stone in the fridge to prevent mold?

It is recommended to clean your stone in the fridge at least once a month to prevent mold growth. However, if you notice any visible mold, it is important to clean it immediately to prevent it from spreading.

4. Can I put my stone in the dishwasher to clean it?

No, it is not safe to put your stone in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh chemicals in the dishwasher can damage the stone and cause it to crack. It is best to clean the stone by hand using a gentle cleaner.

5. What is the best way to store my stone in the fridge to prevent mold?

The best way to store your stone in the fridge is to wrap it in a paper towel or cloth before placing it in a sealed container or plastic bag. This will help absorb excess moisture and prevent mold growth. It is also important to clean and dry the stone thoroughly before storing it in the fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingmagic
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ivykeep